• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They never will but UEFA need to hit them with a lengthy ban and a hefty fine.

Instead, they'll just make more banners.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Well, you lost first half quite clearly and won the second half. You cant win by playing only half a game every time, and, for me, it was almost the motto of Portugal in this campaign. See you at the Euro, I have a feeling we will be drawn together again. :)
Yeah, our matches have been pretty weird. It's not even a lack of quality (on the pitch or the bench) but more like something isn't quite "clicking" sometimes. That said, I feel like we could have kept shooting today and your keeper would have kept on saving them. Dude was on fire today!

Hopefully if we play each other again in the Euro, it'll be after the group stage! ;)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What should happen: Turkey being kicked out of the qualifiers
What will happen: Euro 2028 in Turkey

And yeah, Bulgaria will probably get a fine plus partial closure of the stadium during the next match at best.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
72739544_2743485319003563_1135608341112815616_n.jpg

Impressive achievement. Wonder how close he can get to 800 before he calls it quits (I have feeling 2022 will be his last "hurrah" per say).

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
We have a proper back line these days. Mert seems to be a much less anxiety inducing option than our previous mate, Demirel.

I highly doubt the intention of the players is to celebrate war crimes.

If some of these lads weren't playing football, they'd be on that trip to Syria to, regardless of if they agreed with what they're doing or not. I bet some of their friends, brothers, cousins are heading down or already there.

Yeh it's great to have an actual defence. Wish cengiz was fit, he adds so much to the midfield. Would be nice to finish top.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Uefa/fifa are doing shit against these racist shit. Needs a banana to the head of a black player till they act. Chants are always going to be downplayed with "didn't hear any" or "they chanted something else".

Money talks...

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Yeh it's great to have an actual defence. Wish cengiz was fit, he adds so much to the midfield. Would be nice to finish top.

One problem I'm seeing is that when Cengiz is out, we dont look dangerous going forward.

Hoping to finish top too... would be nice to beat Iceland comfortably at home. Hate that they have an edge over us...

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uefa/fifa are doing shit against these racist shit. Needs a banana to the head of a black player till they act. Chants are always going to be downplayed with "didn't hear any" or "they chanted something else".

Money talks...

Honestly I do not think they are ignoring that kind of shit normally. Ukraine has been hit with massive stadium bans, even in cases where it has been 2 idiots chanting in the 40 000 crowd. Sometimes UEFA delegates noting it directly - best case, sometimes it is reviewed post-game. Sometimes noone bothers to file an objection, so nothing happens. But I do not think their normal modus operandi is to ignore racism.

The more important question is - are they doing enough? When stadium bans or spectator bans do not help, do you go as far as exluding a nation from UEFA/FIFA competitions? This would hit the people not involved in the chanting the most, the idiots wouldn't care one bit.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Someone remind me how much Russia got fined for the racist shit at the wc, and then how much that player got for wearing the wrong socks.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
When are we going to see some serious sanctions against repeat offenders? And by serious I mean automatically disqualified from the next major competition.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Know what? Normally I feel like it's always a few bad, loud apples but when you have so-called professionals in denial it makes me wonder just how prevalent racism is in the country.
I don't think anything less than kicking them out of Euro 2020 (and if they're not likely to qualify, change that to the 2022 WC) should be considered acceptable. The punishments being doled out are pathetic and do very little to effect actual change (if anything it seems to be galvanising them against what they see as victimisation).

If that's not enough... could EU or FIFA realistically refuse them a "licence" to play international football and/or indefinitely ban their clubs from playing in European competition?

I mean literally remove them from world football along with any other country that exhibits this behaviour each and every time they play a game. I appreciate this punishes people that aren't guilty as well, but I don't see any other option that will make them take it seriously.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the same amount as now.
What happened with that btw? Last we heard was that it was moved to a federal court but soon after the media seemed to imply that it was dropped fully.
No idea.

The fact he signed a document saying that he kept fucking someone after they said no seems eniugh.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
One problem I'm seeing is that when Cengiz is out, we dont look dangerous going forward.

Hoping to finish top too... would be nice to beat Iceland comfortably at home. Hate that they have an edge over us...

I'm not expecting a win against Iceland. Turkey couldn't handle the physicality and rough play-style the last time they played. Lots of bitching and whining about it rather than getting on with the game, clearly rattled by it. They need mentally strong players instead of emotional ones like Emre for that game.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Good God Ireland are terrible. We just have no inventiveness or spark going forward at all. Nothing but hoofball going for us and even that doesn't work when you don't have a Niall Quinn type character on the end of them.

Denmark will embarrass us in Dublin next month and we'll most likely end up 3rd in the group.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Never would have expected Finland to be the ones to get out of our group with us but, barring some fuckery, Finland will make their first ever major next month. Good for them.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Annoying that we couldn't quite hold on vs Spain. But still we got qualification in our own hands.

Also go Finland! So happy for them and I hope they make it.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Thank heavens these internationals are over, for varying (good and bad) reasons...

Got a funny feeling that Manchester United will beat Liverpool, even with De Gea and Pogba out injured!

Out of curiosity, when was the last time Liverpool won at Old Trafford?

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Got a funny feeling that Manchester United will beat Liverpool, even with De Gea and Pogba out injured!

Same. Well, my bet would be a draw. It's one of those games where theres too much going wrong for United that it almost seems like it would be too obvious for them to end up losing like they should. The universe will give us a plot twist.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's talk of relocating el clasico to another venue or changing the date of the match because of whats happening in catalunya.

I think la liga will decide today or tomorrow on whats going to happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
There's talk of relocating el clasico to another venue or changing the date of the match because of whats happening in catalunya.

I think la liga will decide today or tomorrow on whats going to happen.
Either way it's going to be a beautiful mess.

Besides, they can move it a few weeks later, that doesn't mean there won't still be risk of "provokers and moles" 😂

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank heavens these internationals are over, for varying (good and bad) reasons...

Out of curiosity, when was the last time Liverpool won at Old Trafford?

Liverpool can miss a boat load of chances so could be one of those games were they might score 1 or 2 goals and if pigs fly a draw or defeat. /jinx They will remember last season were they didn't go at Man U enough when they were weak and should have won the game. I think Liverpool will steamroll them 3 to 7 nil but will miss sitters, one of those could have been 10 games. It's going to be 0-0 after saying that :D

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
In other international football, the World Cup qualifier between South Korea and North Korea in Pyongyang ended in a draw!

South Korea's national soccer team described their World Cup qualifier against North Korea in Pyongyang as a "rough" match played under strange conditions that may later be reported to FIFA.

The historic match ended in a scoreless draw Tuesday at huge Kim Il Sung Stadium, which was empty of spectators. The match was also under a media blackout, and the South Koreans first spoke to journalists about the playing conditions upon their return to Seoul on Thursday.

Tottenham striker Son Heung-min said he would long remember the Pyongyang match as an unusual experience and claimed the South Korean players were lucky to avoid injury against the North Koreans, who he said were "very sensitive and rough."

Status
Not open for further replies.