• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 30, 2017
i can see the cancel-out handball argument but how was salah not offside for the second? it wasn't even close by VAR standards

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I genuinely believe with all the criticism being aimed at VAR the video ref would of been crapping himself

if it was not a pen then they need to sing to the hills how good VAR worked in that case, because City will be going mad at the press if they lose this

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or has the VAR not exactly been good taking decisions in the Premiere League?

Oct 30, 2017
Is it just me or has the VAR not exactly been good taking decisions in the Premiere League?

i think in years gone by salah's goal would've been called as a goal probably 2/3rds of the time.

i also think there have been infinitely more marginal goals that have been ruled out by VAR this year (see sheff utd yesterday).

so *shrug emoji*

the problem isn't with the tech, it's how the people using it are bound to work under shortsighted interpretations of the rules.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm a big fan of VAR but it's been terrible so far. And the problem is in how the officials are using it. The technology is fine. There's just no consistency and they're seemingly making things up as they go. The last League to implement it too.

Embarrassing.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
surely there's not even a debate at this point right for taa and robbo not being the two best fb's in the world?

i'm not counting kimmich as a fb at this point to be clear, who i think is the only one that has a case for taa's slot. but on the left robbo is the best without anyone else really being close.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not played great so far but took both our goals well and look like we could score more. City been good on the ball in the final third to be honest and we've lost a few second balls in our own half.

Oct 27, 2018
Only heard the first goal on the radio so interested to see the "handball" at halftime. What happened to the "if it hits the arm, deliberate or not, it's a handball" rule?

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Not played great so far but took both our goals well and look like we could score more. City been good on the ball in the final third to be honest and we've lost a few second balls in our own half.

i think if you sure up the squad in jan with a couple of good signings i think we'll pretty likely see you lot pull off a invincibles repeat.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
hsKQbMK.png

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
If the ref had given handball for the penalty it would have been VAR'd because it touched the City players hand first. Kompany doesn't know what he's talking about.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
i think in years gone by salah's goal would've been called as a goal probably 2/3rds of the time.

i also think there have been infinitely more marginal goals that have been ruled out by VAR this year (see sheff utd yesterday).

so *shrug emoji*

the problem isn't with the tech, it's how the people using it are bound to work under shortsighted interpretations of the rules.
VAR is still run by the awful English refs. VAR is fantastic in the Bundesliga.
I'm a big fan of VAR but it's been terrible so far. And the problem is in how the officials are using it. The technology is fine. There's just no consistency and they're seemingly making things up as they go. The last League to implement it too.

Embarrassing.

All agreed. The tech is fine, but just the amount of goals that has been disallowed this year is nuts. It just breaks the flow of the game.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
wonder if city try to break the bank and get skriniar out of inter in jan. or if they are just gonna ride this out.

ederson always has a misstake in him, especially in big games, and outside of laporte the entire backline is susp as fuck.

don't see them gettin very far in cl this year unless they fix that.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
wonder if city try to break the bank and get skriniar out of inter in jan. or if they are just gonna ride this out.

ederson always has a misstake in him, especially in big games, and outside of laporte the entire backline is susp as fuck.

don't see them gettin very far in cl this year unless they fix that.

you do know ederson is not playing right

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
We rarely sign anyone in January and have appeared uninterested in signing anyone since 2 summers ago. It's mildly frustrating albeit understandable

I know, just saying though i really think you have fairly decent chances at a triple this year. Especially if you were to sure up with a couple more bodies.

Then in the summer i think we'll see Werner moving to Liverpool as Haaland makes the move to Leipzig. And Bobby and Werner will alternate for a year and then Bobby goes in 2021.

Oct 30, 2017
<equally debatable screenshot>

maybe ang lee was right and we finally have a use for 120fps — otherwise we'll just be arguing over different "accurate" screenshots forever.

clearly more offside than others that have been ruled out though. i'm all for implementing the daylight rule but after watching this in motion a dozen times, there's no doubt in my mind that salah violated the actual one.

Status
Not open for further replies.