• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
82518903_10158728304047573_3801792389132058624_o.jpg
Alisson has more Premier League assists than Lingard, since January 30th 2019.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No they didn't, they just didnt play as well as they normally do, that's a big difference. Plus one game? That's your evidence that they dont deserve their lead? Sadly typical this season.

They deserve to be in first, where did I say they shouldn't? They just have more points than what they would get if it was a normal season.

They played badly against Southampton away too. There are others. Every time I've watched Liverpool this season they have been much worse than last season. They have just managed to grind out results while playing worse this season.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
They played shit at Old Trafford and should have lost for a start...

Is this like a copy-paste from Redcafe or something?

They might not be as flashy as previous seasons, but have been outclassing every single opponent. They are much more mature in their game and are able to drag out wins even when not playing well. Which is a quality in itself. Such a weird take.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Is this like a copy-paste from Redcafe or something?

They might not be as flashy as previous seasons, but have been outclassing every single opponent. They are much more mature in their game and are able to drag out wins even when not playing well. Which is a quality in itself. Such a weird take.

They have not outclassed every opponent, they have grinded out most games like Jose used to do at Chelsea.

when not playing well.

So you're saying there have been games where they haven't played well? Hmmm, it's as though I just said that.

I stand by what I said. Liverpool were better last year.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
They don't look good, but sure as hell are getting results. In fact they remind me of late Ferguson era United. United were plain shitty but kept winning.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bring Puig on for some excitement in this midfield.
How's Barça playing? I presume they're dominating, as with any home match, but any changes vs the Valverde days already or still too soon for any meaningful difference?
Build up & applying pressure is better. Possession football is back. That's about it for now.

Last edited:

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The usual bullshit with Uefalona. They struggle to score, the referee gives a red card out his ass to the opposing team and they score a goal.

Fuck Barcelona.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
On the De Gea being fouled thing: I can't quite work out if it was, but does not Utd actually getting the ball after it matter? I know it doesn't (a foul is a foul) but at the same time somehow can't help but think it should (advantage rules are a thing). I remember Dutch fans going nuts at the ref in the WC final Vs Spain for not giving a free kick or goal kick or something, but the Dutch has possession after the fact and lost it, leading to Iniesta's goal.

Ramble.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
On the De Gea being fouled thing: I can't quite work out if it was, but does not Utd actually getting the ball after it matter? I know it doesn't (a foul is a foul) but at the same time somehow can't help but think it should (advantage rules are a thing). I remember Dutch fans going nuts at the ref in the WC final Vs Spain for not giving a free kick or goal kick or something, but the Dutch has possession after the fact and lost it, leading to Iniesta's goal.

Ramble.
Yeah, I still remember that, and still salty about it.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018

Ramble.

Sutton in radio 5 said it was no foul (and he is right) but the reaction of the UTD players was so incensed that the decision was always going to be no goal.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I've done a visualisation of PL points cumulated to date:

FH1kake.gif

As an Ipswich Town supporter, it's quite sweet seeing Norwich City climbing up the table two times (hope is a powerful feeling), only for week 8 to come along and send them rock bottom for the next 14 weeks.

The Liverpool points tally looks like that bar chart for the PlayStation 2 sales against the GameCube and OG Xbox! Just needs that *crashes through the roof* animation ... 📊

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
That Liverpool lead!

So basically Liverpool losing this lead would almost be the same a Spurs or Arsenal still reaching second! Slight difference of course that I can see City go on another 10+ win streak and arsenal more like a 10+ draw streak...

I also wonder, would city even bother anymore and instead focus 100% on the CL.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
So basically Liverpool losing this lead would almost be the same a Spurs or Arsenal still reaching second! Slight difference of course that I can see City go on another 10+ win streak and arsenal more like a 10+ draw streak...

To be fair, that would just be the two RM matches. If things continue at this rate, the league could be over by the quarterfinals. And by that point Liverpool can also concentrate on retaining the CL title if they get past Athletico and City might get drawn with them again.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well they will try and secure 2nd at least, which for now is not a given at all.

Aug 27, 2018
The top 4 leagues are the Premier League (England) , La Liga (Spain) , Bundesliga (Germany) , and Serie A (Italy) . I would just start watching some games and see which team you start to like, then following them. Premier League this season is all but decided already but the other 3 leagues have been tight races so far.

Other than that, the UEFA Champions League is a tournament where the top teams in Europe play each other and winning it is the main goal for many of them. Overall, this is where the highest quality football is played. The Round of 16 (playoffs) begins in February

There is also international football, where players from clubs get called up to represent their country. Each region has its own tournament every few years. This year there will be the Copa America (South America) and the Euros (Europe). The World Cup is every 4 years and the next one won't be until 2022, but only 32 teams will qualify via qualifications games that will take place over the next 2 years.

And as someone else pointed out, there is also an American Soccer thread if you're more interested in MLS and the US National Teams. Hope this helps!

Edit: This video is very helpful.

You guys have basically been the most helpful community I've found on this site, and I'm super thankful. That being said...where does an American go to watch football? Anyone have links to a place to watch matches daily etc?

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
They deserve to be in first, where did I say they shouldn't? They just have more points than what they would get if it was a normal season.

They played badly against Southampton away too. There are others. Every time I've watched Liverpool this season they have been much worse than last season. They have just managed to grind out results while playing worse this season.

We ground out wins last season too.

I don't think there has been a league winner in history that has played well every time they have won - United used to do it all the time in the 90s/00s, Arsenal did it in the Invincibles season, City in their recent record setting seasons. Getting points from situations where you don't deserve them is the mark of a good team.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
You guys have basically been the most helpful community I've found on this site, and I'm super thankful. That being said...where does an American go to watch football? Anyone have links to a place to watch matches daily etc?

Think you lot have it on NBC but you can always stream games. Bear in mind that in England the traditional kick off time is Saturday 3pm but there's a morning game (usually 12.30pm) and an evening game (roughly 5.30pm).
On Sunday kick off times can be anything and in midweek games will kick off around 8pm, all UK time. This week there are loads of midweek games, which is rare, so that might be more timezone friendly for you.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you want to add insight to why you find this funny instead of just making a lazy shitpost?

I already explained why I said this in a later post. Liverpool played better last season.
Liverpool have been more wasteful maybe (definitely should have blown more teams away, but miss easy chances, yesterday should've been like 5-1), but we definitely weren't better last season. Best thing about Liverpool team this season is how rarely they've actually had to get out off 1st or 2nd gear and still looked very comfortable and the best team on the pitch. Also the few times they have went through the gears they've looked a completely different class.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Liverpool have been more wasteful maybe (definitely should have blown more teams away, but miss easy chances, yesterday should've been like 5-1), but we definitely weren't better last season. Best thing about Liverpool team this season is how rarely they've actually had to get out off 1st or 2nd gear and still looked very comfortable and the best team on the pitch. Also the few times they have went through the gears they've looked a completely different class.

Spot on.

Winning with minimal effort is basically what all the best sides do. They tend to play in bursts, occasionally going full throttle (like they did after half time) but only when they really need to.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I would like to see Grealish go to Liverpool, he looks like a Milner replacement

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Not too versed in streaming ever since the Subreddit was shut down but every major league can be watched in the US via cable or some streaming subscription like Sling or Fubo. Though, you'll probably need multiple subscriptions if you want multiple leagues.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Depends on what league you're interested in watching. Premier League is on NBC, Bundesliga is on Fox, and Serie A is on ESPN+. Check their websites for streaming options.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

Quite a few get shown on the box out there. Those that don't get shown, well. We have no possible idea how you would watch them.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
lol lol. Definite Barca dna.

Yeah, he also has recovered the ancient Barça strategy of playing 11 against 10. Really effective!!!
(Joke shamelessly stolen from El Mundo Today)
Quite a few get shown on the box out there. Those that don't get shown, well. We have no possible idea how you would watch them.
You have to be an ace to get those streams...
But if you cannot watch the footy, at least go out to take a bite.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I would like to see Grealish go to Liverpool, he looks like a Milner replacement

I'd argue that for Grealish to come in, he'd want one of Salah, Mane or Firmino to be going out.

Grealish is more than a squad player like Milner or Henderson.

Legit star talent. I've been amazed at what hes been able to pull off and consistently too.

If you watch a highlight reel of his goals and assists this season, you'd assume he was playing for a mid table team at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.