• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
When, how and why did Burnley become quite a capable team?

Was kind of hoping they'll go down with West Ham (sorry, not sorry Syder) and Norwich this season...

And Ipswich Town woes continues, as they steadily drop down the table ... 🙁

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
jfc... Just hearing at the end of the Chelsea Spurs game the VAR HQ have admitted they made an error with that Spurs player stomp, and he should have been sent off. They said they should have invited the match ref to review the evidence for himself. ffs. This kind of thing shouldn't still be going on. It didn't change who won the game, this time, but that's a fortunate coincidence.

Will the player be banned now for 1-3 games?

No handshake from Mourinho at the end. GTFO.

Last edited:

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Justice done for Leicester with that City miss. How on earth do they deny the handball at the other end and then give that? They were both similar, clear handballs.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
jfc... Just hearing at the end of the Chelsea Spurs game the VAR HQ have admitted they made an error with that Spurs player stomp, and he should have been sent off. They said they should have invited the match ref to review the evidence for himself. ffs. This kind of thing shouldn't still be going on. It didn't change who won the game, this time, but that's a fortunate coincidence.

Will the player be banned now for 1-3 games?

No handshake from Mourinho at the end. GTFO.

Considering anybody who saw the replay knew it was a red immediately, I'd love to know what the VAR was looking at. Inexcusable and embarrassing. The league is a laughing stock with the way this is set up atm.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Don't know how it's going in Spain but VAR in germany has not the same amount of strange or debatable decisions like in the premier league.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Ironic how var saved city today.. clearly liverpool is the only one getting all the calls. I fking hate city fans

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Marcelo and that midfield...owh dear lord.

Not looking forward to the City tie whatsoever. I think in the coming weeks Real will lose it all. City to go through and Barca overtaking us, prolly another trashing in the Bernabeu to top it off.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Marcelo and Carvajal should aim it at Levante players, maybe that way some of their crosses would end up at a Real player...so fucking bad.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Perez fucked up big time selling Ronaldo and keeping Bale, prolly his worst decision. Ronaldo would had us leading the title race by like 12 points. We just can't score.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Considering anybody who saw the replay knew it was a red immediately, I'd love to know what the VAR was looking at. Inexcusable and embarrassing. The league is a laughing stock with the way this is set up atm.
I think the main issue is that the bar changes based on what the on-field ref has already seen or done, because it's more about establishing "clear and obvious referee error" than about getting the right decision consistently. They should also have asked the on-field ref to view the video himself. He was standing a few yards away from it the whole time while waiting for the VAR!

A straight red would mean a 3-game suspension. Since they owned up that it should have been, will he get that suspension?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I think the main issue is that the bar changes based on what the on-field ref has already seen or done, because it's more about establishing "clear and obvious referee error" than about getting the right decision consistently. They should also have asked the on-field ref to view the video himself. He was standing a few yards away from it the whole time while waiting for the VAR!

A straight red would mean a 3-game suspension. Since they owned up that it should have been, will he get that suspension?

I wonder if there is legal ground to fight that. 'The referee has already noted/ruled on the incident' has always been used as a statement by the ref association that decisions cannot be overturned after the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.