• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Please keep Bale. Please don't loan us Bale. Please don't sell us Bale.
So happy the PL window closed. Was always terrified we'd end up with another old ornament on mega wages.

MAybe we'll see Sanchez on the way somewhere before the rest of the world windows close

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I like seeing Ipswich do well as they are my local team but I support Chelsea and attend 7/8 matches a season if I can get tickets.

Chelsea fan in Ipswich basically.

I knew you had mentioned something about Ipswich Town before!

Good to see another (part time) Tractor Boy ... 🚜

Aye, I'll give em a ring now

Thanks, I knew I could rely on you sort 'em out!

It's still wasting time and it worked so, we're good thanks.

I take that you relish seeing other teams doing it as well then?

If it was Manchester City or Liverpool, fair enough, but youse were playing against Newcastle...

I agree with you on Willock though — he played really well!

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I take that you relish seeing other teams doing it as well then?

If it was Manchester City or Liverpool, fair enough, but youse were playing against Newcastle...

I agree with you on Willock though — he played really well!
No I don't like all that wasting time rubbish but everyone does it and nobody can stop that so the only thing to do is adapt honestly. I despise all kind of time wasting and faking injuries but that's called "strategy" today

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I knew you had mentioned something about Ipswich Town before!

Good to see another (part time) Tractor Boy ... 🚜

I occasionally watch Ipswich with friends who have ST's. I used to go all the time in the Burley era carrying out three paper rounds a week to pay for it back in the mid 90's ha ha.

Last edited:

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
''
" Now, we know there have been things said. Time will tell. We remain still on this big question mark."
''

pogba apparently still set on leavin united it seems, can't even imagine what will happen to united's season if raiola manages to make this happen. massive ball of fire and explosion comes to mind.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
only way sanchez ever moves is if united agree to pay half or more of his wages. 400k ? same guy who made that contract prolly did the 350k one for ozil aswell.

----

also, joao felix is lookin unreal thus far. gotta take the hat off for atleti's scouts, when it comes to strikers they really really know their shit.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
also, joao felix is lookin unreal thus far. gotta take the hat off for atleti's scouts, when it comes to strikers they really really know their shit.

You don't really need atleti's scouts to see that Joao Felix made an amazing half season, more like hat's off to the president for actually going ahead with such a massive transfer while other clubs buckled.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Processing yesterday's Utd-Chelsea game: fun win but didn't assuage many concerns. United midfield were easily bypassed, Rashford and Martial poor for long stretches imo. Both are so inconsistent with the speed and precision of their decision-making on the ball, though at least Rashford's movement off the ball is good. Some bright spots in the pressing.

Wan-Bissaka as advertised defensively (had one spectacular tackle) but doesn't seem confident in either his touch or his balance in the final third. Hit both the highs and lows of Pogba, a couple truly atrocious giveaways paired with the sublime pass over the top for Rashford.

Chelsea seemed to have the start of something good, but a Fulham-esque number of giveaways trying to build play from their own half. But some nice combinations and were by far the more convincing team in attacking open play. Thought Pulisic was bright when he came on.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
No I don't like all that wasting time rubbish but everyone does it and nobody can stop that so the only thing to do is adapt honestly. I despise all kind of time wasting and faking injuries but that's called "strategy" today.

Fair enough, at least you despise seeing it happen as well!

I actually don't care much about the length of time a throw in or a goal/corner/free kick gets taken however, that rush-and-hold at the corner flag bollocks really seems to bother me these days...

I occasionally watch Ipswich with friends who have ST's. I used to go all the time in the Burley era carrying out three paper rounds a week to pay for it back in the mid 90's ha ha.

I will always cherish that 00/01 season when we finished 5th, and above Chelsea too! My Dad and I were lucky enough to go to almost every single home game back then.

As soon as we started spending big money the following season, thus dramatically changing the fundamental dynamic of our team (remember those two super-flops Pablo Couñago and Finidi George?), things went downhill quicker than any club with 'second season syndrome' has seen before.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK

I actually don't care much about the length of time a throw in or a goal/corner/free kick gets taken however, that rush-and-hold at the corner flag bollocks really seems to bother me these days...

I will always cherish that 00/01 season when we finished 5th, and above Chelsea too! My Dad and I were lucky enough to go to almost every single home game back then.

As soon as we started spending big money the following season, thus dramatically changing the fundamental dynamic of our team (remember those two super-flops Pablo Couñago and Finidi George?), things went downhill quicker than any club with 'second season syndrome' has seen before.

And they splashed out 5 million on Matteo Sereni, the keeper from Inter Milan. Like you said, they went a bit silly and ruined what they had.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018

As a Leeds fan, and so seeing it happen more and more to us in the last year, I've really come to absolutely despise it. The main thing is that refs do absolutely nothing about it. So many will micro-manage every single thing apart from how long teams take at throw-ins, goal kicks etc. They're scared to give yellow cards for it and so take absolutely no control when all a time-wasting team really wants is to disrupt the flow of play anyway.

And don't get me started on whatever roll of the dice/coin flip they use to determine added time...

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Can't stop being thinking about Eriksen. I worried about when he leaves, he really turned around the game on Saturday and I think he may be our best all round player. Also he is very handsome.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Processing yesterday's Utd-Chelsea game: fun win but didn't assuage many concerns. United midfield were easily bypassed, Rashford and Martial poor for long stretches imo. Both are so inconsistent with the speed and precision of their decision-making on the ball, though at least Rashford's movement off the ball is good. Some bright spots in the pressing.

Wan-Bissaka as advertised defensively (had one spectacular tackle) but doesn't seem confident in either his touch or his balance in the final third. Hit both the highs and lows of Pogba, a couple truly atrocious giveaways paired with the sublime pass over the top for Rashford.

Chelsea seemed to have the start of something good, but a Fulham-esque number of giveaways trying to build play from their own half. But some nice combinations and were by far the more convincing team in attacking open play. Thought Pulisic was bright when he came on.

Thoughts on Martial going forward? Considering doing a straight swap with Fraser in FPL

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Did you see who he scored them against....

Like a 4 tier team in true Lukaku form.

Rashford scored twice as many goals against the top 6 in Sundays game as Lukaku managed in 2 seasons.
Well, let's see whether Manchester United finally plays football and gives its strikers quality occasions, or whether Sunday's game was just good luck, and let's see whether Chelsea will remain a top 6 team this season.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Interesting read, I suspected the problems came from a lack of investment in academy and youth development. Not paying bonuses is just what I expect from Ashley, Benitez went above and beyond to be honest given the attitudes of the ownership

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Lovren on his way to Roma by the looks of things.

Not included in the Super Cup squad. "Illness" is the official word.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone watching the Nottingham Forest game later tonight (EFL Cup), it's me directing it so be nice.

Well, let's see whether Manchester United finally plays football and gives its strikers quality occasions, or whether Sunday's game was just good luck, and let's see whether Chelsea will remain a top 6 team this season.
Lets see if Lukaku can score against any big teams in a different country, because he was pants at it here.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Thoughts on Martial going forward? Considering doing a straight swap with Fraser in FPL

Fantasy-wise he seems like a decent bet. Given the squad composition after selling Lukaku, he should play a ton and spend a lot of his time playing centrally.

Overall, this season seems kinda like Martial's last/best chance to hit anything close to what his ceiling should be given his athleticism and technical ability. I'm not super optimistic -- feels like "ability to read the game" is something you mostly have at 23 if you're ever going to -- but he'll get every chance to succeed.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
bah everyone loses at Old Trafford 4-0, no worries, onwards and upwards with Super Frank

*little bit of worry about my top 6 finish now*

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both Wolves and Man City had goals ruled out, both unbelievably close and would never have been ruled out without it

Nice, good to hear.

I assume with VAR it was conclusive right? Does it still follow the NFL style where the call on the field stands unless its conclusive enough to overturn?

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, good to hear.

I assume with VAR it was conclusive right? Does it still follow the NFL style where the call on the field stands unless its conclusive enough to overturn?
Yeah pretty much, but it's just incredible how precise it was with the Man City disallowed goal. The Wolves disallowed goal was another story, it took a very slight glance off of Boly's arm, completely accidental and barely giving any advantage, and that was enough to rule it out. Under the new rules it's correct but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.