• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah pretty much, but it's just incredible how precise it was with the Man City disallowed goal. The Wolves disallowed goal was another story, it took a very slight glance off of Boly's arm, completely accidental and barely giving any advantage, and that was enough to rule it out. Under the new rules it's correct but still.
I was under the impression that subjective stuff like that wouldn't be considered. Kind of the handball "arm in unnatural position" problem.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that subjective stuff like that wouldn't be considered. Kind of the handball "arm in unnatural position" problem.
No under the new rules any contact with the arm whatsoever, regardless of whether it was accidental, in an unnatural position or not, would lead to the goal being ruled out

Shav1

May 18, 2018
bah everyone loses at Old Trafford 4-0, no worries, onwards and upwards with Super Frank

*little bit of worry about my top 6 finish now*
Idk. If you guys tighten up while defending you should be fine. You created alot of chances Sunday even though it's only Manchester United

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I am going to have a fucking heart attack with this match, I know we have no way of passing Ajax but good lord are they giving us so many chances and it hurts that we are doing jack shit with em.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Keita injured now. I'm so glad we didn't spend any money to improve our thin squad depth

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
The spot was awful, whenever someone stepped next to the ball, it bounced up, that's why there were so many shots above the goal.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Huddersfield knocked out by league 1 Lincoln. Hate to see it

Bristol city with another l

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico have escaped transfer bans of at least one window and City only gets a small fine?

There was also a big difference in the cases. City had two cases and admitted fault. Atletico had 100+ cases, Barcelona and Chelsea in the twenties, and Real Madrid twelve. With I think all of them denying it but I'm not sure on that. Punishment seems proportional.

They have still got the UEFA stuff to come.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge

It's stuff like this that makes me not ever want to see Manchester City win anything again.

Who wants to see a football club that continuously gets away with everything?

Here's hoping Liverpool (or somebody else) wins the league this year instead...

They have still got the UEFA stuff to come.

Absolutely nothing will happen, I guaranteed you.

Anyhoo, Celtic and Porto booted out of the Champions League.

Huddersfield and Ipswich (sighs) out of the Carabao Cup already.

It's been a bad night of football for certain teams with high expectations!

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

is it though? i'd argue that defensively they are still as vulnurable as last year, laporte is good but prone to misstakes, stones has shown he's not reliable what so ever, walker/cancelo are pretty much cut from the same cloth in that they are way to offensive minded for their own good. juventus got rid of cancelo because of all the costly misstakes he made last season, and ederson is uneven aswell.

mendy is made of glass, and zinchenko is still young and naive. middfield depth is unreal but attack wise? aguero is very injury prone, sane is gone for 6+ months due to acl tear, that leaves them with one forward in jesus (who is uneven) and three people who all predominantly play on the right.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
is it though? i'd argue that defensively they are still as vulnurable as last year, laporte is good but prone to misstakes, stones has shown he's not reliable what so ever, walker/cancelo are pretty much cut from the same cloth in that they are way to offensive minded for their own good. juventus got rid of cancelo because of all the costly misstakes he made last season, and ederson is uneven aswell.

mendy is made of glass, and zinchenko is still young and naive. middfield depth is unreal but attack wise? aguero is very injury prone, sane is gone for 6+ months due to acl tear, that leaves them with one forward in jesus (who is uneven) and three people who all predominantly play on the right.
Talking about on paper here, every club has injuries. I do agree about their defensive side but they got a brutal attacking side that covers up
Convert 1 of those 7 draws into a win last season and Liverpool would have won it....thats how close it was

Anything can happen.....
Yes it was close but Liverpool drew and City won the league. So City was the better team

Of course anything can happen, it's the premier league mate

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Well my efl cup game was dull. Forest were lucky to win tbh, Fleetwood should have had at least one goal in the last 15 mins.

Was bricking it when I got there (first time directing/graphics/replays/editing highlights) but now it's done in ready for whatever shite teams I get given on Saturday lol.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well my efl cup game was dull. Forest were lucky to win tbh, Fleetwood should have had at least one goal in the last 15 mins.

Was bricking it when I got there (first time directing/graphics/replays/editing highlights) but now it's done in ready for whatever shite teams I get given on Saturday lol.

Fair fucks to ya man

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huddersfield beating Wolves last season's still the only win that Siewert's been manager for.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gutted that Porto are out of the CL. Who are we going to batter 7-0 over 2 legs in the quarters now?

Barcelona

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot the Super Cup was on today lol. If im home from work early enough ill watch i guess. Could be a good laugh watching Chelsea getting their teeth kicked in for 90 mins.

Oct 25, 2017

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
But why? I always thought that it's more prestigious than CL and EL. Like it's the ultimate trophy in European football. The build up is the previous CL and EL season. If it's about your team not playing in it, then everyone shouldn't care about CL final too if their team didn't make it. Moreover, it still counts to your trophy cabinet, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.