• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Any Huddersfield fans on Era?

You're about to get the best managerial duo in the country. Bar none. I'm absolutely devastated that they're leaving my club, but they've transformed it, and worked miracles to get us to the top end of League One from the National League in just 3 years.

If the chairman doesn't dick about, and you let him get on with it, you'll be back in the Prem in no time.

Absolutely gutted though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was a brilliant goal by Belgium. From clearing a set-piece in their own box to scoring inside Scotland's in just over 10 seconds and involving only 2 passes and 3 players.

Never mind the defending it was just terrific.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

................................wut!?

--------------------------------------------------

Londoners: Any good recommendations to grab a late lunch (very late, like 5pm) around the Kings Cross area? I'm good with anything (vegan, asian, western, whatever), I just need it to be good and relatively affordable (budget of ~20 to 30 £ tops). I'd rather avoid fast food joints if I can and have a decent meal before the EL match, since my plane departs from Porto at 1pm.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Seeing some Everton channels saying a possibility of Everton challenging top 6?

What u think?

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Seeing some Everton channels saying a possibility of Everton challenging top 6?

What u think?
Can't see it tbh. Didn't do a sufficient job of replacing their best player in the summer imo (gueye). Their squad overall is good though but they aren't better than the current top six plus Leicester are better than them as well.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Honest question....does DeBruyne have a weakness ?
It seems like he always delivers on the pitch, his consistency is nuts even for a world class player.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
bLVYyH8kHSDsHx6Sa7rrMBjt0Vm60-0jv1KXiOtK6zA.jpg

Crazy how much depth we have when you see it like this. We could play our 3rd team and still be competitive with a good coach. RB is a bit of a weak spot I guess, but even then Dagba has a lot of potential, same at GK where I expect either Maignan or Lafont to step up once Lloris retires.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
true except for the part about him being the best player ever

It seems like he always delivers on the pitch, his consistency is nuts even for a world class player.

Trying to think about it, honestly not sure. His positioning + ability to play from deeper + consistency has improved a lot under Pep + with natural development, and I think he's as fit now as he's ever been. Pretty good player imo.

His biggest "weakness" is lack of world-class pace or agility, I guess? But he's so good at drifting to find space that it doesn't affect his productivity much.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
When Everton lose 'How much longer has Silva got left?'
When Everton win 'Everton have to be favourites for the Top 6, surely'

Also, 'Top 6' has been invented by the teams that keep finishing 5-6 to make themselves feel better about not being very good anymore. Finishing 6th isn't an achievment.

6afeaa7a90594e605d61fe2f72d5eebf_100_100.png

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Are you Scotland in disguise?"

Harsh that on Kosovo. Their defence has been loads better than Scotland's. England would've scored 8 before HT if they played Scotland last night.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
if there was any doubt what England's forward line should be before tonight...

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
bLVYyH8kHSDsHx6Sa7rrMBjt0Vm60-0jv1KXiOtK6zA.jpg

Crazy how much depth we have when you see it like this. We could play our 3rd team and still be competitive with a good coach. RB is a bit of a weak spot I guess, but even then Dagba has a lot of potential, same at GK where I expect either Maignan or Lafont to step up once Lloris retires.

Fuck me, compare that to England. Gigantic difference. How does France do it?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
England need to sort out their midfield IMO. Their attack has quality and the defence will, hopefully, sort itself out once people come back from injury/suspension and such but I don't like the midfield. Barkley is so sloppy and Henderson is shockingly poor on the ball. And even with him and Rice Kosovo were competing and creating chances in England. I don't think based on that performance that England should be taken seriously. If I was Maddison I'd be so gutted and disappointed that Henderson and/or Barkley kept him off the pitch in these 2 games. He and Mount more than deserve a chance next month, particularly if their club form keeps up and Henderson doesn't develop the ability to create and score goals before then.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
I can't see any at all. He's amazing and easily the best midfielder in the premier league.
England need to sort out their midfield IMO. Their attack has quality and the defence will, hopefully, sort itself out once people come back from injury/suspension and such but I don't like the midfield. Barkley is so sloppy and Henderson is shockingly poor on the ball. And even with him and Rice Kosovo were competing and creating chances in England. I don't think based on that performance that England should be taken seriously. If I was Maddison I'd be so gutted and disappointed that Henderson and/or Barkley kept him off the pitch in these 2 games. He and Mount more than deserve a chance next month, particularly if their club form keeps up and Henderson doesn't develop the ability to create and score goals before then.

Yeah Maddison should definitely start over Barkley. He's way better imo. Barkley's decision making is just shit.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gibraltar, San Marino, Andorra, Faore's and the likes really need kicking out of qualifying its a joke that they get in.

If your entire population can fit in the Nou Camp you have no business playing qualifiers.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Gibraltar, San Marino, Andorra, Faore's and the likes really need kicking out of qualifying its a joke that they get in.

If your entire population can fit in the Nou Camp you have no business playing qualifiers.

They have every right to compete and countries like those won't improve unless they can regularly play against better sides.

By that logic, Iceland should never have been given the chance to qualify for the Euros or World Cup.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't agree with this at all. Having small teams occasionally write a little fairy tale by beating a better team or even qualifying and possibly doing well is one of the best things the sport can offer, and I see no point in taking out this element of surprise and beauty. It's also a way to have small countries' fans have their shot at seeing the best players at their home country from time to time. What's to gain from not including them? All the big teams beat 'em anyway, and shame on you if you don't really. So that Ronaldo or someone else can't score a billion goals against them? I don't see that as a good enough reason to fuck over legitimate countries whose only fault is to be smaller than France and have 0.01% of the money invested in the sport. Iceland at the last Euros is proof that the small countries shall stay in the pool.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They have every right to compete and countries like those won't improve unless they can regularly play against better sides.

By that logic, Iceland should never have been given the chance to qualify for the Euros or World Cup.
Iceland has a population of 360,000 and it is a real country

Faore Islands have 50,000 people and are a part of the kingdom of Denmark if they ever actually produced a good player they would play for Denmark

Andorra, San Marino are Tax havens and will never be able to compete at any meaningful level

Gibraltar is a crown dependency might as well have The Isle Man, Isle of Wight and Guernsey play as well

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

Faore Islands have 50,000 people and are a part of the kingdom of Denmark if they ever actually produced a good player they would play for Denmark

Andorra, San Marino are Tax havens and will never be able to compete at any meaningful level

Gibraltar is a crown dependency might as well have The Isle Man, Isle of Wight and Guernsey play as well

Iceland is a third of the population of Birmingham.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But that's the thing, where do you draw the line? 50k? 100k? What if a country suddenly goes above or beyond the threshold by a couple units? If a country legally exists and is recognized by the vast majority of the world, why wouldn't it be able to participate in world or continental qualification phases? It's not like they have a free pass to the cups or anything, if they want to play with the big boys for a trophy they gotta score enough points in groups with them in the first place. Otherwise, how do you propose increasing the level of sports in small countries if at no point their athletes can compete in relevant events?

Status
Not open for further replies.