• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
At least United has a manager that have experience in the relegation battle.

And I'm sure they will just bounce back next game against Liverpool at home.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When Ole started the team seemed to have more fun, they also had some easy fixtures which helps. But they kind of stopped playing for eachother, and with a plan to boot.

Pogba is unhappy, not overrated.

Pogba was good with Vidal next to him at Juventus. But when he doesn't have that he doesn't really work out. He tried to be the star player by making dribbles but hes not that kind of player. Pogba is a decent team player if he's not the leader. Its said he wants to move to Real but they're also a divided team on the way down.
The problem with this United approach is that they really believe the Alex Ferguson method of building the team with academy players + 4/5 acquisitions is going to work in the modern game. You can't compete when you try to force academy players into roles they don't have the talent for. Rashford can't be your main striker, Lingard can't be your attacking midfielder, Greenwood can't be your backup striker, McTominay can't be your main holding mid, etc. Still it seems they are really forcing this issue once again with this "play the kids" approach. Even Guardiola doesn't play Foden very often and he's better than every young United player besides Rashford, you have to earn it by merit not because where you come from.

True but City has more luxury on the bench. The complete bench of City would be a worthwhile addition to United. And did they spend that much more? I think United made higher individual signings, City's most expensive player was Laporte wasn't it?

City has Tixi for example, which is someone United desperately needs.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Even if they were to fire OGS, who could they hire that would make them better? Or will they wait until Pochettino gets sacked?

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
giphy.webp

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
Even if they were to fire OGS, who could they hire that would make them better? Or will they wait until Pochettino gets sacked?

I remember reading Allegri's eyeing United as his next project but who knows

A new manager won't change anything. The manager isn't the problem. Pocchettino, Allegri, whoever comes next will struggle the same way. We just really desperately need a new Head of Football and a modern structure at the back end.

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
True but City has more luxury on the bench. The complete bench of City would be a worthwhile addition to United. And did they spend that much more? I think United made higher individual signings, City's most expensive player was Laporte wasn't it?

In the last 5 seasons the net spend of City was €-668M while United was €-486M. Both are 1st and 2nd. Liverpool has a net spend of €-111M. When I see those 3 teams I really don't see United's investment on display in the field compared to those 2.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I remember reading Allegri's eyeing United as his next project but who knows

A new manager won't change anything. The manager isn't the problem. Pocchettino, Allegri, whoever comes next will struggle the same way. We just really desperately need a new Head of Football and a modern structure at the back end.

Owh yeah, good call. Forgot about Allegri. Still, need something better than OGS.

Still annoys me that we lost 4-0 to Utd in the first game of the season.

You played good that game, the 1st half certainly. Missing chances in the final third. That score doesn't really say a lot. Lampard seems to be doing a good job so far.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That isn't such a bad idea. Bayern went through a similar phase and they brought Heynckes back from hypersleep.

Bayern actually offloaded Robben, Ribery and Hummels. While Boateng and Muller aren't starters anymore either. But Kovac wasn't sacked after a mediocre start, and they have new talents emerging such as Gnabry. Bayern doesn't seem to sink.

They are doing what United forgot to do.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Bayern actually offloaded Robben, Ribery and Hummels. While Boateng and Muller aren't starters anymore either. But Kovac wasn't sacked after a mediocre start, and they have new talents emerging such as Gnabry. Bayern doesn't seem to sink.

They are doing what United forgot to do.

Kovac had experience in the Bundesliga with Eintracht Frankfurt and had even beaten Bayern the season before he joined in the Pokal Cup final. This history meant Bayern were justified in giving him extra time. OGS is just Tim Sherwood with worse tactics who is still coasting on the wins he got when he became manager. If he's not sacked by Christmas I will be very surprised.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's finish Inter's ambitions. They finished their UCL campaign basically on Wednesday, let's show 'em who kicks ass in Serie A :P

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is Inter without yellows is a mystery. They stop like every Juventus attack with a rough foul in the last 25 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.