• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Valencia leads now. Watch Ajax not qualify further because of these referee mistakes despite playing some great football.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Is VAR really at fault here? Seems more like the handball rule that people have a problem with

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Valencia leads now. Watch Ajax not qualify further because of these referee mistakes despite playing some great football.

They at the very least will reach the UEFA League knockout fase. Which they would legit be a favorite to win. Losing out on the money while you already have like 1/10 of the budget of other clubs would suck though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If anything the VAR really helped Ajax there. Chelsea were rampant before the disallowed goal and now they have lost their momentum, which is common after a VAR ruling.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most insane Champions night of the season so far. Chelsea's unreal comeback and ref drama, Borussia turning it around from 0-2, the Napoli match's excitement, Liverpool risking... drama everywhere.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how VAR should make it more fair. Yet it has become more messy. Different rules and techniques used all over leagues doesnt help also.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shocked Chelsea didn't win after all.

Also RIP Inter, now they have to win against Genk, probably win against Barca and hope that Borussia loses enough points between Genk and Barca. Very hard.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Achraf Hakimi is an absolutely incredible right fullback. What he did tonight is astonishing. He was the best player in the team, though the effort and quality Dortmund were able to muster in the second half were remarkable.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Shocked Chelsea didn't win after all.

Also RIP Inter, now they have to win against Genk, probably win against Barca and hope that Borussia loses enough points between Genk and Barca. Very hard.
Prague, not Genk.
Achraf Hakimi is an absolutely incredible right fullback. What he did tonight is astonishing. He was the best player in the team, though the effort and quality Dortmund were able to muster in the second half were remarkable.
I'm honestly shocked because that's usually not how our games go this season.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well if I'm to speculate I do believe that Chelsea are in the most precarious position right now. They have to go to Valencia, whilst Valencia have to go to Amsterdam. If the home team wins those games and Lille continue to be beaten then Chelsea are out of the Champions League.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Well if I'm to speculate I do believe that Chelsea are in the most precarious position right now. They have to go to Valencia, whilst Valencia have to go to Amsterdam. If the home team wins those games and Lille continue to be beaten then Chelsea are out of the Champions League.

Ajax tend to do better in away games though (which is an insanely strong weapon during knock out phases)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The handball from Abraham wasnt also a handball. The arm is there next to the body. Doesnt lift it. Its just there and thats why the new rule is so stupid.
Also in the Valencia game vs Lille there was talk about a handball and a penalty. Like every match there is something with a handball and there is no clear line also from refs. One gives it and the other doesnt.
The one gives a yellow card and the other not. If there is so much debate. There is something wrong.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but as a defender it's his job to block the ball with the legal parts of his body and he failed to do that

Ok but here is where me and others are confused. Why is that arbitrarily a handball and then in the liverpool game we had back to back handballs on genk but the refs ruled them not handballs because it was a "natural" position of the arm?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ok but here is where me and others are confused. Why is that arbitrarily a handball and then in the liverpool game we had back to back handballs on genk but the refs ruled them not handballs because it was a "natural" position of the arm?
Also giving yellow for it. Then you imply it was deliberate also.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inter actually goes through even if they win the next 2 matches, as they'll overtake either Barca or Borussia depending on the result of their match against each other. But they tied against Slavia and lost with Barca last time around so 6 points definitely aren't easy. They also go through if they score 4 points (eg. beating Slavia and tying with Barca) while Borussia only scores 1 point (eg. tying with Slavia and losing with Barca). Very difficult for sure.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Didnt watch that game so I can't say, but the likely answer is that there's no consistency between refs. Maybe the officials in the Ajax game would have given those

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did watch that game so I can't say, but the likely answer is that there's no consistency between refs. Maybe the officials in the Ajax game would have given those
So in conclusion,

Video replay, which is supposed to get rid of human error.

Is just full of human error anyway.

SEEMS GOOD.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Ajax wins the next 2 matches and still gets the first spot while playing against not only other teams but also the UEFA.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It's frustrating because it seems SO much more calculated in American Football.

Not to mention bullshit like this happens.

Or just using wrong moment. Like Ajax vs Chelsea two weeks ago. VAR used the first pic as reference and not the second pick.

EHllqfyWwAET34J

EHllqfqWoAAYM-s

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty crazy how punishing that decision was.
The next match without the two centre backs is going to be tough as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.