• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Despite the fuckery I do feel a little bad for Emery, he tried. Got us to a Europa final last year which I'm grateful for.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Despite the fuckery I do feel a little bad for Emery, he tried. Got us to a Europa final last year which I'm grateful for.
Given that his results have matched quite closely with those of the end of Wenger reign (in total wins, scored etc) do you think it's all on the manager?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South East London derby today.

Charlton haven't beaten Millwall since 1996

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Tuned in and saw pulisic score. Nice.

Is Son a top 15 player in the league?
Is there an argument for top 10?

Odoi trying hard to score. Competition brewing

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely monster statistical game from Pulisic. 6 shots, 3 on target, 3 key passes, 5 dribbles, and the goal. This is exactly the type of game that he basically never had at Dortmund -- for all his moments, he's been hovering around 3 (shots + key passes) per 90 over the past two seasons, which, even for a young player, is a pretty mediocre number in a good attacking team in the most attacking league in the world.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any actual reason why the refs won't use the pitchside monitors for VAR? Seems like it'd solve a lot of the problems it has at the moment

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Goal got called back because of this
EI8a204WkAIGRdk

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Sheffield were completely robbed there. How are they even fucking up decisions based on straight lines now

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
The problem isn't and never has been the technology. The referees are fucking it up constantly and at this point it's looking deliberate. They don't use VAR to actually help with incorrect decisions and then they spend ages trying to line up their guidelines to suit a decision.
Today they picked Dier's knee. The other day, they picked Firmino's armpit (??) to judge offside. They can't even decide what parts of the body are offside, this is basic stuff.

The ref doesn't go to the pitchside monitor. That way whatever the VAR says isn't his responsibility and he can hold his hands up and say it was out of his hands. The monitor is right there, go and look.

The PGMOL and the referees have absolutely fucked this and if they think they're being clever about it, they're going to be in for a shock when UEFA and FIFA end up fucking off all the English refs from continental and international competitions cos none of them can use VAR properly.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Honestly I feel like the refs are messing it up on purpose so that VAR gets removed in subsequent seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.