• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
Not bad from United so far

e: Okay, actually doing well in creating attacks for once. Shambolic defending though.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Still time to go but a lol at Manu. Season is still early but there comes a time when it's not early anymore and you are stuck in the midfield.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
It's a sad state of affairs when you can not say with any degree of certainty, that United can actually secure all 3 points against bottom teams.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
He's either going to have some time out and wait for the United job, or he's going to go abroad somewhere to an upper CL team.

after dealing with levy for years he won't go anywhere near united. please try and atleast keep it realistic. there is nothing in place to succeed as a manager at united currently. why in gods name as a coach (who has atleast 10-15 years left as a coach) would you go to united and risk killing your career completly.

ole is there because it's the only job he'd ever get in the premier league, no other club would even entertain the thought of hiring him. you are likely looking at the division below the championship before you start seeing clubs who'd entertain the thought of having ole as a manager.

that's the cold hard truth. poch is more likely to sign on to coach a national team before he is united.

I agree with you all.

you need to figure out what you want as a club. head hunt a coach that fits that and then leave that person in peace for 2-3 years to build according to that vision. same thing that milan needs to do in the seria a. what this means is probably losing 60-70% of your current squad, if not more.

good news is you'll get the chance, since given their age i think it's fair to say auba and lacazette both won't sign up for another tour, their next contract is pretty much gonna be their last shot at winning anything real. pretty sure lacazette would love to feature in the next wc squad for france, and that auba would love to try and add a couple of league titles or maybe a cl before he calls it a day.

Last edited:

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
head hunt a coach that fits that and then leave that person in peace for 2-3 years to build according to that vision.
Thing is, Emery was never the man for this. I saw him as nothing more than an interim manager, and yet from how long it took the board, they never saw it like that at all.

Allegri, Ancelotti etc. They're the ones who you give 3 yrs to.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
i don't get it why ole doesn't pair lindelof/tuanzebe instead... who cares if maguire has a british passport. him and lindelof have zero fcuking chemistry on the pitch, and lindelof is a better pairing for tuanzebe from a technical standpoint. tuanzebe is more than equipped to do what maguire does.

Thing is, Emery was never the man for this. I saw him as nothing more than an interim manager, and yet from how long it took the board, they never saw it like that at all.

Allegri, Ancelotti etc. They're the ones who you give 3 yrs to.

really, you want allegri ball? and ancelotti in 2020? the kind of football you want to play, unless you want to completly move away from the image wenger imprinted your style of play as. would be someone like marco rose at gladbach or julian nagelsmann from rb leipzig.

if i was the man upstairs at arsenal i would do everything in my power to get julian nagelsmann from leipzig.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
i don't get it why ole doesn't pair lindelof/tuanzebe instead... who cares if maguire has a british passport. him and lindelof have zero fcuking chemistry on the pitch, and lindelof is a better pairing for tuanzebe from a technical standpoint. tuanzebe is more than equipped to do what maguire does.

The central defenders are the least of United's worries imo.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
The central defenders are the least of United's worries imo.

oh, 100% the middfield is like a gaping wound. but you can't magically conjure up a middfield out of thin air, but you can atleast try and lesser the pain a bit by fixing the things you have personel for.

there are some people thinking united's defense has gotten magically better because they pissed away 80+ million on maguire, which is completly false. it's looked better because wan-bissaka played out of his skin for the first 10+ games of the season. but you can tell already now 14 games in that he's getting worn down from being forced to act as a rb along with covering the entire right side of the pitch and also doing the fulltime job of a cm.

good ol ole, 2 - 2 at home to villa and making them changes 75 minutes in.

--------------------------------

lfc fans, is it really fathomable that if you still have a similar gap, and have gone through to the knockout stage of cl, that the powers that be wouldn't open up the wallet wide in january to sign on some more personel?

let's say you come window open, you are still in with a chance at an invincibles too, surely they take that chance and put in some real quality to sure up things?

Last edited:

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London

really, you want allegri ball? and ancelotti in 2020? the kind of football you want to play, unless you want to completly move away from the image wenger imprinted your style of play as. would be someone like marco rose at gladbach or julian nagelsmann from rb leipzig.

if i was the man upstairs at arsenal i would do everything in my power to get julian nagelsmann from leipzig.
Oh, I'd love us to get a chance at bringing in Nagelsmann. I can't see it happening though.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Oh, I'd love us to get a chance at bringing in Nagelsmann. I can't see it happening though.

really you don't think you have a shot at naglesmann? so where do you think he goes, do you think he rather sticks with the leipzig project? i think tuchel likely goes from psg in the summer, i guess nagelsmann could end up there possibly.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
oh, 100% the middfield is like a gaping wound. but you can't magically conjure up a middfield out of thin air, but you can atleast try and lesser the pain a bit by fixing the things you have personel for.

there are some people thinking united's defense has gotten magically better because they pissed away 80+ million on maguire, which is completly false. it's looked better because wan-bissaka played out of his skin for the first 10+ games of the season. but you can tell already now 14 games in that he's getting worn down from being forced to act as a rb along with covering the either right side of the pitch and also doing the fulltime job of a cm.

I don't see how you can say Tuanzebe will be a better fit than Maguire when Tuanzebe has barely played this season. The center back pairing is not the reason why we are doing shit. Williams isn't ready, Fred and Pereira are not good enough, Mata is past it, Lingard will grow up to be a good player one day, James is a speed merchant who is too rough around the edges and both Rashford and Martial are too inconsistent to be leading the line for a club as big as United.

Edit: Oh and Ole is a terrible coach.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
I don't see how you can say Tuanzebe will be a better fit than Maguire when Tuanzebe has barely played this season. The center back pairing is not the reason why we are doing shit. Williams isn't ready, Fred and Pereira are not good enough, Mata is past it, Lingard will grow up to be a good player one day, James is a speed merchant who is too rough around the edges and both Rashford and Martial are too inconsistent to be leading the line for a club as big as United.

Edit: Oh and Ole is a terrible coach.

i'm saying he can't possibly do any worse. because maguire is a mediocre cb period, who needs protection because he can't catch anyone that goes past him. nor has he figured out how to defend using his feet. and i agree about everything else you've said.

you need to invest probably around 600 million or so to get yourself back to where you need to be.

----------

all respect in the world to rodgers and leicester, love the mentality he's installed in that young squad. still think the gap is to wide to close, and that leicester is a little short in a couple of positions to carry them through.

----------------

in other news, man rose has really got that gladbach squad humming. so long do we think they get to keep thuram and the born again prospect embolo who finally seems to have gotten the ground back under his feet again. denis zakaria is also due a huge move, he's putting up stupid numbers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
i'm saying he can't possibly do any worse. because maguire is a mediocre cb period, who needs protection because he can't catch anyone that goes past him. nor has he figured out how to defend using his feet. and i agree about everything else you've said.

The whole team is mediocre, I think it's unfair to single out Maguire, Tunazebe isn't exactly proven at this level either.

I hope Ole goes, if not today then after Spurs/City because I can't see us winning either of those 2 games.

Anyway, well done to Leicester for keeping the pressure on Liverpool, just.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
really you don't think you have a shot at naglesmann? so where do you think he goes, do you think he rather sticks with the leipzig project? i think tuchel likely goes from psg in the summer, i guess nagelsmann could end up there possibly.

I honestly don't trust the board with anything, it'll always end up going fucking sideways whatever they choose to do.

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
So I can buy that our midfield is weak because of shit personnel. But our attack is also still very unrefined. Martial, Rashford and James have some beautiful short passing link ups between them every now & then, but waaayyy too often there will be good balls going into the box with nobody there to receive them. The other two very rarely seem to know where the third guy's going to put the ball. They're all quality players but there's still so so much space for them to improve as an attacking unit. Surely, the attack has to be the one area you'd bet on Ole to be able to shore up, if any at all.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Ole needs to be sacked now. Tottenham and City will rinse this Man Utd team under Ole.

Ed Woodward is a bitch and a fraud.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
4 wins out of 19.

Imagine keeping a manager doing that at Man Utd.

Ed Woodward is more of a fraud than Pep.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
So I can buy that our midfield is weak because of shit personnel. But our attack is also still very unrefined. Martial, Rashford and James have some beautiful short passing link ups between them every now & then, but waaayyy too often there will be good balls going into the box with nobody there to receive them. The other two very rarely seem to know where the third guy's going to put the ball. They're all quality players but there's still so so much space for them to improve as an attacking unit. Surely, the attack has to be the one area you'd bet on Ole to be able to shore up, if any at all.
Attacking is much more difficult than defending. Being a forward in the past doesn't teach you about the build up, the tactics and the intracies of attacking and creating chances.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
I honestly don't trust the board with anything, it'll always end up going fucking sideways whatever they choose to do.

no, you guys just like united and new castle really deserve new owners. personally, i think it could even be argued that it would be in the pl brand's best intrest that it happens, since it's three clubs from big citys that are in such dire straits.

who knows how you would actually go about it though from a fan perspective to force these changes to happen. i'm not a fan of any particular club, never have been. but i def have clubs who i enjoy watching more than others. and individual players that i grew up watching. people like bergkamp and henry for instance.

who would you buy though? what world class winger or forward prospect wants to make a move to united as things currently stand with your club? (what middfielders?) because let's be real here. all that talk prior to the window last summer opening, and ole saying ''you'd be surprised the quality of player that wants to come here'' that was just that. talk, sure you were linked with tons of players throughout the summer, links by savvy agents creating buzz around their clients by getting an intrest attachment to united.

reality though is that the only person that went out of their way to try and leave a club for united last summer was harry maguire from leicester, and you paid out the ass for him, leicester rinsed you on that signing. manchester city said no thanks at 60 million, you went an threw another 20 million on top of that (plus a bunch of bonuses)

now, fast forward to another (soon) half a season gone, of people watching united keep falling through the earth. tons more coming out of just how bad things are run at the club. who are these players who are gonna wanna attach themselves to united as things are?

why would you as a young player go to united? to develop? who's there to develop anybody into anything? who are the leaders to learn from? the people to show the way? i honestly don't think it has really sunk in yet for alot of you united fans how deep and far out in the shit you actually are. you still think you have a ways to go before you reach the abyss, when in reality you are already there. or as an established player of high international class, who wants to achieve and win things, why would you ever pick united as a destination?

Ole needs to be sacked now. Tottenham and City will rinse this Man Utd team under Ole.

i wouldn't put it past mou to having already spent hours (and will spend hours more) telling that entire spurs squad every little personal detail he knows about your squad. about weaknesses, things that irritates and set them off, physical stuff. you name it, he'll brief them on anything. mou is the type of coach who is willing to win at any cost.

as an impartial, i'm looking forward to both of those games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.