• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
14th September [on Nicolas Pépé]
Wenger_Knows_Best.png

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
who would you buy though? what world class winger or forward prospect wants to make a move to united as things currently stand with your club? (what middfielders?) because let's be real here. all that talk prior to the window last summer opening, and ole saying ''you'd be surprised the quality of player that wants to come here'' that was just that. talk, sure you were linked with tons of players throughout the summer, links by savvy agents creating buzz around their clients by getting an intrest attachment to united.

reality though is that the only person that went out of their way to try and leave a club for united last summer was harry maguire from leicester, and you paid out the ass for him, leicester rinsed you on that signing. manchester city said no thanks at 60 million, you went an threw another 20 million on top of that (plus a bunch of bonuses)

now, fast forward to another (soon) half a season gone, of people watching united keep falling through the earth. tons more coming out of just how bad things are run at the club. who are these players who are gonna wanna attach themselves to united as things are?

why would you as a young player go to united? to develop? who's there to develop anybody into anything? who are the leaders to learn from? the people to show the way? i honestly don't think it has really sunk in yet for alot of you united fans how deep and far out in the shit you actually are. you still think you have a ways to go before you reach the abyss, when in reality you are already there. or as an established player of high international class, who wants to achieve and win things, why would you ever pick united as a destination?

Jesus Christ man, we get it. Nobody's disagreeing with you here. Our structure is shit, etc. no quality player will ever want to join United as it is, etc. All's I'm saying is that while everybody's focus is rightly on how ass our midfield and, as of recently, the defense have been, our attack has some massive scope for improvement too. I don't think we need to buy anyone either. No single player is going to come in and magically lift up any one area of the team, but in our attack at least, the quality's all there. It's just not coming together. And Ole's had a year with these forwards now. Less with this specific trio but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Utd are struggling to be a top ten team at the moment, and I can only assume it'll get worse for them before better.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
This bloke was spot on

Martial was fucking garbage. Should have had Greenwood on at half time.

#OleOut trending, good job lads, get the fraud out for the Spurs game so Maureen can't embarrass us.

🤣

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
after dealing with levy for years he won't go anywhere near united. please try and atleast keep it realistic. there is nothing in place to succeed as a manager at united currently. why in gods name as a coach (who has atleast 10-15 years left as a coach) would you go to united and risk killing your career completly.

ole is there because it's the only job he'd ever get in the premier league, no other club would even entertain the thought of hiring him. you are likely looking at the division below the championship before you start seeing clubs who'd entertain the thought of having ole as a manager.

that's the cold hard truth. poch is more likely to sign on to coach a national team before he is united.

you need to figure out what you want as a club. head hunt a coach that fits that and then leave that person in peace for 2-3 years to build according to that vision. same thing that milan needs to do in the seria a. what this means is probably losing 60-70% of your current squad, if not more.

good news is you'll get the chance, since given their age i think it's fair to say auba and lacazette both won't sign up for another tour, their next contract is pretty much gonna be their last shot at winning anything real. pretty sure lacazette would love to feature in the next wc squad for france, and that auba would love to try and add a couple of league titles or maybe a cl before he calls it a day.

I'll be sure to remember this post if he gets the United job.

Like it or not the United job is a very realistic job for him. He'll be backed with resources; something he isn't used to, and United will be a project for him to develop and he'd be given control like he's had at previous jobs.

Levy and Woodward are very different, and like it or not United is a massive club and still far far far bigger than Spurs. Spurs could win the next five Premier Leagues and still be far smaller than United. They're currently a better yes and that's down to Poch's work there.

I think he'd see the United job as an exciting prospect for him to return the club to what it was, and build HIS team.

I don't see him going to any other Premier League club than United.

He isn't going to Barcelona despite the fact he'd do well and fit in. Loyalty to Espanyol. Madrid is a strong possibility. I don't see him going to Italy, and Bayern would be an option for him but they'd probably prefer Ten Hag or one of the myriad of highly rated Bundesliga managers.

And in regards to Ole yes I'd agree he's out of his depth, but he isn't the only manager United could attract. Ole was initially given the job as caretaker precisely because he was the opposite of Mourinho and lifted the toxic atmosphere. He was then given the job because he had a stretch of unbelievable form. Ole wasn't the only manager we could have hired.

Believe it or not United is still an attractive proposition to managers, and a lot think they could be the "one" to get the club back to glory. And they could always walk away and blame other factors if things don't work out. There's a smaller risk to their reputation than other clubs.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Jesus Christ man, we get it. Nobody's disagreeing with you here. Our structure is shit, etc. no quality player will ever want to join United as it is, etc. All's I'm saying is that while everybody's focus is rightly on how ass our midfield and, as of recently, the defense have been, our attack has some massive scope for improvement too. I don't think we need to buy anyone either. No single player is going to come in and magically lift up any one area of the team, but in our attack at least, the quality's all there. It's just not coming together. And Ole's had a year with these forwards now. Less with this specific trio but still.

i'm not doing it for the purpose of being an asshole, i apologize if it comes off like that. i just want you fans to organize yourselves, because there is no excuse for a club of your stature (and with your financials) to be slumpin like this. and i don't wanna watch your current horrible brand of football a minute more.

and it feels like so many in the current fanbase is still living in lala land where you are still a huge club in the mind of other players, if you look at all the fan channels for instance the narrative that is being carried on there is so out of touch with reality that it's bordering on full blown psychosis and i think they are doing a huge disservice spreading this supremely false narrative of where you stand as a club.

personally, i think you need to humble yourselves. stop talking about signings, and put all focus and energy at getting to the root of the problem. which is to force the owners and current management out. and you actually have that power, if you just organize yourselves.

as for your attack, sure there is room for tons of improvement. but it's pretty difficult to do that when you have a winger in rashbeck who pouts and throws fits as soon as things aren't going his way, and a 9 in martial (who i rate) but is injured for 1/4 or more each season. you really should adopt liverpool's policy of simply not signing players who doesn't pass medicals with flying colors. and then you have dan james who won the lottery getting signed by united, but who has nobody there at the club who is a senior player to look up to and help him find his way.

Muddy Water

Nov 13, 2017
i'm not doing it for the purpose of being an asshole, i apologize if it comes off like that. i just want you fans to organize yourselves, because there is no excuse for a club of your stature (and with your financials) to be slumpin like this. and i don't wanna watch your current horrible brand of football a minute more.

and it feels like so many in the current fanbase is still living in lala land where you are still a huge club in the mind of other players, if you look at all the fan channels for instance the narrative that is being carried on there is so out of touch with reality that it's bordering on full blown psychosis and i think they are doing a huge disservice spreading this supremely false narrative of where you stand as a club.

personally, i think you need to humble yourselves. stop talking about signings, and put all focus and energy at getting to the root of the problem. which is to force the owners and current management out. and you actually have that power, if you just organize yourselves.

as for your attack, sure there is room for tons of improvement. but it's pretty difficult to do that when you have a winger in rashbeck who pouts and throws fits as soon as things aren't going his way, and a 9 in martial (who i rate) but is injured for 1/4 or more each season. you really should adopt liverpool's policy of simply not signing players who doesn't pass medicals with flying colors. and then you have dan james who won the lottery getting signed by united, but who has nobody there at the club who is a senior player to look up to and help him find his way.

Honestly, I don't visit any of those channels and nobody I discuss football irl with does either. None of my friends that are United fans are under the illusion that we can buy ourselves out of this mess. My only fear with talk of the Glazers selling out is that the name that keeps popping up the most as interested buyers is... *shudder* the Saudis. The best hope United have as a club is maybe getting an experienced Director of Football in who can keep bringing in the right players. The right players, and not necessarily the biggest names. But it's been more than a year since there was talk of the club looking for a DoF and at this point, I don't see it happening.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
When Lukaku scored 10 goals so far in 13 games, just two goals away from matching his tally last season in 32 games, you know you're doing something wrong.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
I'll be sure to remember this post if he gets the United job.

Like it or not the United job is a very realistic job for him. He'll be backed with resources; something he isn't used to, and United will be a project for him to develop and he'd be given control like he's had at previous jobs.

Levy and Woodward are very different, and like it or not United is a massive club and still far far far bigger than Spurs. Spurs could win the next five Premier Leagues and still be far smaller than United. They're currently a better yes and that's down to Poch's work there.

I think he'd see the United job as an exciting prospect for him to return the club to what it was, and build HIS team.

I don't see him going to any other Premier League club than United.

He isn't going to Barcelona despite the fact he'd do well and fit in. Loyalty to Espanyol. Madrid is a strong possibility. I don't see him going to Italy, and Bayern would be an option for him but they'd probably prefer Ten Hag or one of the myriad of highly rated Bundesliga managers.

And in regards to Ole yes I'd agree he's out of his depth, but he isn't the only manager United could attract. Ole was initially given the job as caretaker precisely because he was the opposite of Mourinho and lifted the toxic atmosphere. He was then given the job because he had a stretch of unbelievable form. Ole wasn't the only manager we could have hired.

Believe it or not United is still an attractive proposition to managers, and a lot think they could be the "one" to get the club back to glory. And they could always walk away and blame other factors if things don't work out. There's a smaller risk to their reputation than other clubs.

there isn't a manager on earth that can return united to what it was until the current management and owners are gone. i'm sorry but you are severly out of touch with reality. show me another club that have been winning things in the last 5 years that have a structure like manchester united. and if people sitting at home can identify and see these problems, you think that somehow a professional coach wouldn't be able to?

do you honestly believe there are world class coaches with blinders on, that somehow think that eventhough they have been able to see both lwg and mourinho flunk out at united, they could still be the one to make it work? i would love to see the logical reasoning behind that.

no, ole wasn't given the job for those reasons. based on how your ownership have been running your club for over a decade now, ole was chosen because they saw him as someone they could hire who'd just be grateful to wear the coach badge. someone they could sell to the fanbase because he scored a couple of tap-ins once upon a time (does he even make a top 50 of all time united list?) ole's ''legend status'' gives carte blanche for the glazers to keep siphoning huge profits out of your club. look at your net spend over the last 5 seasons. they are bleeding you dry.

backed with money? something he isn't used to under levy? 50 million average net the last 5 years running. currently i don't see him going to any premier league club at all, if somehow rodgers get bought out of leicester however. poch would be alot more likely to make a move to leicester (because they actually have a vision, they have structure, they have probably the best scouting network in the premier league, a good academy)

i think he ends up at bayern or dortmund personally. (psg def also possible, i think tuchel is gone by summer)

Honestly, I don't visit any of those channels and nobody I discuss football irl with does either. None of my friends that are United fans are under the illusion that we can buy ourselves out of this mess. My only fear with talk of the Glazers selling out is that the name that keeps popping up the most as interested buyers is... *shudder* the Saudis. The best hope United have as a club is maybe getting an experienced Director of Football in who can keep bringing in the right players. The right players, and not necessarily the biggest names. But it's been more than a year since there was talk of the club looking for a DoF and at this point, I don't see it happening.

the saudis are probably the best owners you could get. yeah, the politics connected to the country aren't pretty, but on the other hand there isn't a billionaire on earth who doesn't have blood on their hands. wealth is accumulated and gained off of the backs and lives of people period. and that's just the way capitalism works.

from a pure footballing viewpoint though, you'd get owners who would let you operate in peace, you would get financial backing of enormous proportions. easy enough to look at other clubs owned by middle eastern intrests, no indication at all that a saudi owned united would not play out in a similar fashion.

as for a dof as long as woodward is there the only 'dof' you'll get is someone that fit the same bill as ole. woodward is the glazers boy, and he ain't going anywhere until they are. next year you'll probably in all likelyhood not have european football at all, i guess we will see then if it forces any type of reaction.

personally i'm quite convinced at this point that the glazers are already looking at the door, and what is currently playing out is their exit strategy. which is going to consist of getting as much money as possible of your money into their pockets, and then they'll sell.

and god knows what state your squad will be in by then.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Atlético is so bad man. Barça is playing like shit and absolutely cannot defend, but Atlético plays so slow and is so uncreative they can barely get close to the box...

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
there isn't a manager on earth that can return united to what it was until the current management and owners are gone. i'm sorry but you are severly out of touch with reality. show me another club that have been winning things in the last 5 years that have a structure like manchester united. and if people sitting at home can identify and see these problems, you think that somehow a professional coach wouldn't be able to?

Look at Klopp at Liverpool. Poch at Spurs. The right manager with the right backing can absolutely make United a title contender again. It's not like saying Newcastle or Watford suddenly coming up top, it's a top 7 team that is a couple of players short and has a few underperforming. United are miles behind Liverpool and City but not within impossible distance over the next 3 seasons.

do you honestly believe there are world class coaches with blinders on, that somehow think that eventhough they have been able to see both lwg and mourinho flunk out at united, they could still be the one to make it work? i would love to see the logical reasoning behind that.

Okay indulge me, who do you think are the only managers we could attract? Flores, Silva, Pulis? Not a chance in hell. Even recently we're still linked with Allegri and Poch. United is still a massive job, and it was Mourinho's dream job - arguably the most successful manager of recent times along with Pep.

To think United can only attract a mid-table manager is beyond ludicrous. Ole is there, rightly or wrongly, by the board's own volition - it wasn't the only option.

no, ole wasn't given the job for those reasons. based on how your ownership have been running your club for over a decade now, ole was chosen because they saw him as someone they could hire who'd just be grateful to wear the coach badge. someone they could sell to the fanbase because he scored a couple of tap-ins once upon a time (does he even make a top 50 of all time united list?) ole's ''legend status'' gives carte blanche for the glazers to keep siphoning huge profits out of your club. look at your net spend over the last 5 seasons. they are bleeding you dry.

For me personally yes Ole is a top 50 United player for a variety of reasons. And he will be to the vast majority of the fanbase. And yes Ole was absolutely appointed because he was a breath of fresh air compared to Mourinho and changed the toxic atmosphere that permeated at the time.

Glazer's have invested in the club, but our purchasing team has also made poor decisions with that money. The fanbase's current issues are more with Woodward's management than the Glazer's.

backed with money? something he isn't used to under levy? 50 million average net the last 5 years running. currently i don't see him going to any premier league club at all, if somehow rodgers get bought out of leicester however. poch would be alot more likely to make a move to leicester (because they actually have a vision, they have structure, they have probably the best scouting network in the premier league, a good academy)

Our net spend in the last five years is only behind City. Just short of £400m, averaging £75m a year. Tottenham's net spend over the last five years is £94m, £18m a year making them 17th in the table. He would do well at Leicester but again looking at the size of the clubs and potential he and any other manager would chose United all day long.

i think he ends up at bayern or dortmund personally. (psg def also possible, i think tuchel is gone by summer)

That's definitly a possibility.

the saudis are probably the best owners you could get. yeah, the politics connected to the country aren't pretty, but on the other hand there isn't a billionaire on earth who doesn't have blood on their hands. wealth is accumulated and gained off of the backs and lives of people period. and that's just the way capitalism works.

from a pure footballing viewpoint though, you'd get owners who would let you operate in peace, you would get financial backing of enormous proportions. easy enough to look at other clubs owned by middle eastern intrests, no indication at all that a saudi owned united would not play out in a similar fashion.

as for a dof as long as woodward is there the only 'dof' you'll get is someone that fit the same bill as ole. woodward is the glazers boy, and he ain't going anywhere until they are. next year you'll probably in all likelyhood not have european football at all, i guess we will see then if it forces any type of reaction.

personally i'm quite convinced at this point that the glazers are already looking at the door, and what is currently playing out is their exit strategy. which is going to consist of getting as much money as possible of your money into their pockets, and then they'll sell.

and god knows what state your squad will be in by then.

I have my own issues with Saudi ownership but again, Glazers have improved since their initial stint here and I still believe that having a footballing structure in place detached from Woodward would make the world of difference. I want Woodward out, but I wouldn't be opposed to him staying there as long as there was a DoF and what not handling the footballing decisions and Woodward kept himself to business and boardroom activities. He's undeniably amazing at the business side of the club.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow Ole seems to get a result against the bigger teams tho. Would not be surprised if he manages a win against Spurs and draw against City.

We've struggled for years to break down teams which leads to frustrations which leads to mistakes, whereas larger teams looking to control the game suit us more.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
What a shockingly bad match, Simeone needs to go, he plays a team that is supposedly a candidate to win La Liga and the Champions League like they are an old school English team in the relegation race.

Status
Not open for further replies.