• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
var is so bad. absolutely destroying great moments by refusing to give an advantage to the attackers. fuck off out of the game.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Look at the punk ass bitch Jordi Alba hiding behind Busquets, pushing Joao Felix and then running like the cunt he is

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
We haven't actually created much and Palace are growing into the game. Gonna be nervy 2nd half.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017

Something something VAR is bad, give us back our game, old ways were better something

Yeah VAR's implementation has been anywhere from disappointing to downright awful but a big part of the discourse is just salt from fans for decisions going against them, same as how it's always been.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah VAR's implementation has been anywhere from disappointing to downright awful but a big part of the discourse is just salt from fans for decisions going against them, same as how it's always been.

That and:

- It taking too long at times;
- The offside rule;

The latter is just them doing their job the best they can: don't like it? change the rules, VAR isn't the problem there. Kinda done with the VAR-whining and revisionist history how it used to be better. No it wasn't.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
That and:

- The offside rule;

The latter is just them doing their job the best they can: don't like it? change the rules, VAR isn't the problem there. Kinda done with the VAR-whining and revisionist history how it used to be better. No it wasn't.

I don't know why there's a hang-up on having the main referee being on top of the chain and the point person. Let the 4th referee have decision making power. If it goes to VAR, let them make the call. Why try to force fit new tech into the existing system.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Man fuck Palace actually. Everything is a card or a handball for them when the ball is obviously hitting people's heads. And Zaha with that world class dive

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah as gutted as I am that Auba was sent off...well deserved and a good example of how VAR can be useful. Shouldn't take that long though, everyone knew as soon as the replay came up.

Still, I knew we weren't winning this game in the first half.

The period that followed Auba's goal was shocking. Palace were all over Arsenal.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
That and:

- The offside rule;

Yep, the bigger problem are the new rules and guidelines stealthily introduced this season, no way will they still be a thing for the next season.

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Defo would have lost that in the past. Credit to Arteta.

Edit: Also credit to Ainsley. I've been able to turn to my partner and correctly predict that he'll get sent off (and that we'll lose) after he's got a yellow. Zaha seemed off but he contained him well regardless.

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Arsenal honestly played better after the sending off

We were starting to pick up after Palaces goal but we really should have tried to score a 2nd goal in the first half.

I think that's quite revealing of where Arsenal are at. After that 1st goal, the creativity and confidence was gone. They were like a relegation side trying to hang on to that 1 goal lead while Crystal ran over them.

Only seems like Arsenal picked up cause Crystal dropped off.

Defo would have lost that in the past. Credit to Arteta.

Yeah, gotta be happy at least with a point away at one of the more difficult mid-table teams.

I was worried it was going the way of the Chelsea game...

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
As someone with a season ticket in the Belgian Pro League where VAR has been in use for 2 years: VAR absolutely fucking sucks for fans in the stadium.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I know people in here aren't likely to be watching Everton against Brighton but that VAR decision was insane. Walcott actually penalized for not diving. It literally feels like the refs were thinking, "well, Walcott probably wouldn't have made it anyway."

Which is true.

But still not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.