• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand your argument? Longer seasons, more top teams that are stacked with top talents, more CL stages and games overall to win etc... It's definitely harder than 30 years. A third win in a row would put them at the top of CL football history.
In the Champions League 25 year history, 13 different teams have won it. In the EC last 25 years, 15 different clubs have won it.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Finally completed zelda botw. Great game. Last boss was so damn easy though. Don't think I was overpowered lol. Gonna start the dlc

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
In this context, they got the much better deal. Paid us very little money for a good player.

Like we did to Roma paying £35m for Salah.

But in general, it means make somebody look stupid.

Ooooh makes sense. Thanks.

And yeah I totally agree with you. It was a bargain for Madrid. And Mcnamaman got to win 2 CL trophies so it was a successful career move for him.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Acl update lads. My whole lower leg has became a bruise. Thank fuck for painkillers

Did they give you the good stuff? (opioids)

With Ox I don't believe that twitter account. They reckon he's done his ACL but watching the replay there's no twisting of his knee which makes ACL unlikely. IMO he's done his LCL (lateral colateral ligament) and will be out 3-4 months tops and not 9+ months. Still he missed the rest of the season and World cup but it means he'll be ok for next season. If he did his ACL he'll pretty much have written off next season by the time he gets back to fitness.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly no opioids, I've got cocodomol and then 2 hours later I've got max strength ibuprofen. Got some aspirin to make sure I don't get blood clots n that. I cannot imagine what this would be like without them though, it's still sore when I'm using them

The codeine in cocodomol is an opiate. Enjoy your prescription/class B goodness.

KMZYp.gif

11redder

Oct 27, 2017
In this context, they got the much better deal. Paid us very little money for a good player.

Like we did to Roma paying £35m for Salah.

But in general, it means make somebody look stupid.
They got him for nothing. He was one of the first high profile Bosman transfers.

Apparently, Liverpool accepted an exorbitant offer from Barcelona a few years prior to that, £15m if I recall correctly, which shocked Macca. He didn't agree terms, but that supposedly was the catalyst for him running down his contract and putting his own interests before the clubs.

I'm sure that twat Houllier probably rubbed him the wrong way as well.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They got him for nothing. He was one of the first high profile Bosman transfers.

Apparently, Liverpool accepted an exorbitant offer from Barcelona a few years prior to that, £15m if I recall correctly, which shocked Macca. He didn't agree terms, but that supposedly was the catalyst for him running down his contract and putting his own interests before the clubs.

I'm sure that twat Houllier probably rubbed him the wrong way as well.
Yes, I remember now. I remember Macca made a good wedge from it personally.

Ahh, Houllier had his faults, but properly loves the club and won trophies. Also had a terrible time personally. Still does a tonne with the club now. In fact he was jumping like a loon with Rush and Dalglish yesterday.

11redder

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I remember now. I remember Macca made a good wedge from it personally.

Ahh, Houllier had his faults, but properly loves the club and won trophies. Also had a terrible time personally. Still does a tonne with the club now. In fact he was jumping like a loon with Rush and Dalglish yesterday.

Yup, I saw that - I've no doubt that he honestly feels affection for the club.

Obviously, I felt bad for him collapsing that day at Leeds and his heart problems, but he always rubbed me the wrong way despite the trophies.

Treating Fowler as he did was craven to say the least. Not to mention, going from the free-flowing, albeit ultimately unsuccessful, football of Evans' days to the mediocre proto-Mourinho ball of Ged's days was a hard pill to swallow, despite the trophies.

Winning the FA Cup against Arsenal in 2001, for example, I didn't know whether to feel exhilarated or down right embarassed. They should have thonked us.

Nothing against the man personally, just couldn't abide his style of football.

I tried to love him, I really did - I'd imagine many United fans are doing the same mental gymnastics in an attempt to wholly embrace Maureen.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What a huge fuck up by Bayern tonight, disgusted lads.

It's the same story as always. I hear this every year now and it can't be just luck. Our best player was ribery today and this tells us alot about our current team.
Müller, lewandowski, thiago should have been players to make a difference. :/
Thiago is one of the biggest mental midgets on the planet. He has never had a great game vs the top 3-4 teams in the world once in his entire career for Bayern. Not sure why you would expect that of him. Not sure I would put Ribery as the best player. He was vibrant but missed a hat trick of chances. The best player is the dude that's the most arrogant in this entire team (which I love by the way, good attitude)
Joshua Kimmich: "We just didn't convert our chances. Real took two shots and scored two goals. Of course Real are slight favourites because they won 2-1 on the road."
"Slight" favorites lol

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Bayern will win 3-0 away. Heard it here first m8s.

Arsenal will also lose 5-0, and I am saying this as an Arsenal fan. (hoping this is some reverse psychology voodoo)

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Bayern plays in a shitty league, because they ensure that it consists of shitty teams after buying the best players year after year. Just today they showed an interview with Hoeneß where he said that they concentrate on developing their own youth, which is bullshit.
The only thing Bayern does year after year is diminishing every chance of an outsider winning the league.

Last week Heynckes said they have the second best german goalie on the pitch with Ulreich...we saw today what he is worth against opponents where he has to prove himself: Not much.
Shut up dude. You're just a drive by poster with a shitty agenda and just negative comments all the time. Must be sad to waste time with lifeless comments like this while others actually enjoy the sport. But yeah, keep going. Maybe people will remember you as the lord of shitty comments one day.

Ridiculous dude

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Shut up dude. You're just a drive by poster with a shitty agenda and just negative comments all the time. Must be sad to waste time with lifeless comments like this while others actually enjoy the sport. But yeah, keep going. Maybe people will remember you as the lord of shitty comments one day.

Ridiculous dude

Not a Bayern fan myself #HaHoHe but I will never get the Schadenfreude when Bayern loses.
Im German, therefore I root for the German team. Period. Even if patriotism isn't your thing, the UEFA coefficient is a pretty good reason to root for Bayern.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
You're just a drive by poster with a shitty agenda and just negative comments all the time. Must be sad to waste time with lifeless comments like this while others actually enjoy the sport.
That describes about 90% of the people in this thread. Also Bayern fans are just not accustomed to losing are they?

Devastated I won't get to play God of War until Sunday.

It's pulled me right in
I'm raging I watched that shitshow of a game last night instead of playing it. It just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
y6sh3z0bc5u01.jpg

Looks good for now guys, should be in the thick of it next season!

I have the feeling I'm gonna buy and download God of War from the store any day now. I need to stay strong...

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
y6sh3z0bc5u01.jpg

Looks good for now guys, should be in the thick of it next season!

I have the feeling I'm gonna buy and download God of War from the store any day now. I need to stay strong...
That's great news, his statement yesterday wreaked of class and shows he gets what it means to play for us.

Also, just get GoW now, I don't see why anyone would actively deny themselves such a highly rated game.

Oct 25, 2017
That's great news, his statement yesterday wreaked of class and shows he gets what it means to play for us.

Also, just get GoW now, I don't see why anyone would actively deny themselves such a highly rated game.

I got Xenoblade and Zelda still staring at me, exams in less than a month, and the inevitable promise that there'll be some kind of price drop in the next few months maybe. There are legitimate reasons!

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't have said it better. :P
Not a Bayern fan myself #HaHoHe but I will never get the Schadenfreude when Bayern loses.
Im German, therefore I root for the German team. Period. Even if patriotism isn't your thing, the UEFA coefficient is a pretty good reason to root for Bayern.
They're arrogant and they like it that everyone calls them that. Hoeneß and Rummenigge are the biggest assholes in german football.
I love to see them losing and that won't change just because they play international football. Fuck 'em in every competition, don't care which.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Also, is this what happens to this thread every time Madrid play? People coming in and saying international football is better?! Madness!

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it'd be easier to accept if Real were just as good in La Liga as well but they seem to have put all their energy into the CL.

That's just cheating!
Real players only care about important competitions. :D
I totally get that, there is just not that huge incentive for them in the national league. We even had Real fans here saying Real can't stand a chance this year in the CL, because of their performance in the national league...it's just not comparable.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
They're arrogant and they like it that everyone calls them that. Hoeneß and Rummenigge are the biggest assholes in german football.
I love to see them losing and that won't change just because they play international football. Fuck 'em in every competition, don't care which.

No idea if you support a club in Germany, I do (Hertha).
And Madrid winning the game has zero benefit for my club. A Bayern win oth will make the Bundesliga's UEFA coefficient go up and increase the likelihood that the German league stays Top 4 on that ranking.
A good UEFA coefficient will directly benefit my team, in case Hertha manages to finish 4th or 6th. I mean Hertha only got to play in the EuropaLeague this season on a 6th place finish, because German clubs did well in Europe. Bayern earned a huge share of those points.
It's OK to heckle Bayern and make petty drive by jokes when they lose in Europe, but remember that Bayern losses can potentially fuck over other Bundesliga clubs in the future.

fyi: Hertha managed to finish Top 4 twice in the last decade but at that time, Germany had a low coefficient rank and all we got was a UEFA cup berth. Still bitter about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.