• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
No idea if you support a club in Germany, I do (Hertha).
And Madrid winning the game has zero benefit for my club. A Bayern win oth will make the Bundesliga's UEFA coefficient go up and increase the likelihood that the German league stays Top 4 on that ranking.
A good UEFA coefficient will directly benefit my team, in case Hertha manages to finish 4th or 6th. I mean Hertha only got to play in the EuropaLeague this season on a 6th place finish, because German clubs did well in Europe. Bayern earned a huge share of those points.
It's OK to heckle Bayern and make petty drive by jokes when they lose in Europe, but remember that Bayern losses can potentially fuck over other Bundesliga clubs in the future.

fyi: Hertha managed to finish Top 4 twice in the last decade but at that time, Germany had a low coefficient rank and all we got was a UEFA cup berth. Still bitter about that.
With the changes UEFA have made, I can't see Germany losing its top tier status, there's no way the French, Dutch or Portuguese leagues will overtake you.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
With the changes UEFA have made, I can't see Germany losing its top tier status, there's no way the French, Dutch or Portuguese leagues will overtake you.
Depends, if more foreign investors flock to France I could see them overtaking Italy. But yes, UEFA has done a good job of closing off the Champions League permanently for the majority of European teams.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
y6sh3z0bc5u01.jpg

Looks good for now guys, should be in the thick of it next season!

I have the feeling I'm gonna buy and download God of War from the store any day now. I need to stay strong...

It's good news but this guy is seriously unlucky. He always picks up injuries in the run up to major tournaments. Walcott was the same as well.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's OK to heckle Bayern and make petty drive by jokes when they lose in Europe, but remember that Bayern losses can potentially fuck over other Bundesliga clubs in the future.
Bayern does that pretty well on their own already.

I'm a Dortmund Fan. You know what big european clubs do, when they look for potential players for their squad? They look all over Europe, because they're willing to pay huge amounts of money. They usually don't look for ways to fuck over their national league by (for example) waiting a year just to get the player they want for free. This is not working anymore though, because the Bundesliga is right now not in the position they used to be just a couple years ago. Who are they going to buy?

I just don't respect them, at all. This is not a drive-by post...this is what I think about Bayern and whoever wants to talk to me about this gets his response (as you can see).

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

I'm a Dortmund Fan. You know what big european clubs do, when they look for potential players for their squad? They look all over Europe, because they're willing to pay huge amounts of money. They usually don't look for ways to fuck over their national league by (for example) waiting a year just to get the player they want for free. This is not working anymore though, because the Bundesliga is right now not in the position they used to be just a couple years ago. Who are they going to buy?

I just don't respect them, at all. This is not a drive-by post...this is what I think about Bayern and whoever wants to talk to me about this gets his response (as you can see).
I don't know much about the Bundesliga, but I can easily understand why a Dortmund fan would be pissed at Bayern. The team they had in under Klopp was amazing and they were systematically dismantled by Bayern. Announcing the Gotze transfer before the CL final between them was huge dick move.

If I was a Dortmund fan I'd fucking hate Bayern too.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I don't even follow Bundesliga and I dislike Bayern because they are fucking up the whole league lol. Anyone saying otherwise is just wrong

On the other hand, why wouldn't they do that

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell are Europa League semifinals at the same hour?

This must be the worst promoted football competition.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
ARGGHHHHHH

go to play a game and the client and the game need an update and I'm on 4mb. fuck sake.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo Sammex you called it on the Ox's injury. Still gutted he'll miss the World Cup though.

I hope Arsenal win tonight. One last trophy for Wenger will be good.

And Rodgers can dump his new arsenal team out of the CL at the group stage.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

Ah, a BVB fan, now it makes sense.
You know, I would feel really sorry for you, if Dortmund wouldn't do the exact same thing Bayern does to smaller clubs like Hertha.
Were was all that sympathy when you snatched up Adrian Ramos from us, just to let him rot on your bench?
Were is that sympathy now that you guys and Bayer 04 are all over Mitchell Weiser trying to trigger his cheap release clause?
To be fair, Hertha does the same thing to Freiburg and Nürnberg. This is how football works.
Can't stand all that whining by butthurt, hypocritical BVB fans.

You made like, what, 300m€ in transfer income over the last couple of years? Biggest avg. football attendance on the globe?
And you still can't beat RB Salzburg?
Yeah, that's totally Bayern's fault.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah still sucks massively but this is way better for him in terms of recovery and long term health. There's a possibility he damaged his meniscus and IT band too so could be more than a straight LCL, but with any luck he'll avoid surgery altogether.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
God of War has a new patch every fucking 5 minutes.

Yeah... no online mode and the game runs perfectly on my PS4pro from day one. What the hell are they patching?

On a different note: GoW is the game of this generation for me, keeps getting better and better.
Bloodborne + BOTW + Uncharted 4 = God of War

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Yeah... no online mode and the game runs perfectly on my PS4pro from day one. What the hell are they patching?

On a different note: GoW is the game of this generation for me, keeps getting better and better.
Bloodborne + BOTW + Uncharted 4 = God of War
I'd say it's just small bug fixes and other QoL issues. I know they added an option to make the text bigger. The game is so intricate and complex that even a simple fix requires a large patch, much like The Witcher 3.

You know, I would feel really sorry for you, if Dortmund wouldn't do the exact same thing Bayern does to smaller clubs like Hertha.
Were was all that sympathy when you snatched up Adrian Ramos from us, just to let him rot on your bench?
Were is that sympathy now that you guys and Bayer 04 are all over Mitchell Weiser trying to trigger his cheap release clause?
To be fair, Hertha does the same thing to Freiburg and Nürnberg. This is how football works.

You made like, what, 300m€ in transfer income over the last couple of years? Biggest avg. football attendance on the globe?
Again, I don't pretend to know much about German football, but to me the food chain there is much more linear than elsewhere. In the other big leagues there are 2-3 teams that can fight over players to take from teams in their own league and elsewhere. In Germany it seems Bayern are 100% unchallenged at the top of their food chain and mostly seem to take players from other German teams?

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not saying Zorc and Watzke are doing a good job right now with their transfer income. There were a couple of very bad calls in the aftermath, but what does that have to do with anything? At that level it's difficult to get a good replacement. What Dortmund is doing right now is getting young talented players like Jadon Sancho and Sergio Gomez, because we accepted our fate. There is just no way Dortmund can compete with Bayern and their sponsors.

There is also a huge difference with buying selected players from different clubs and buying all the world-class players from one club. If Hertha made a cheap release clause for the contract it's their fault only.
And Adrian Ramos?`Come the fuck on...didn't you get like 10 mio for him? It's not like I understood that transfer at all, but that's a good transfer income for Ramos.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I'd say it's just small bug fixes and other QoL issues. I know they added an option to make the text bigger.

I have a 65 inch screen and sit right in front of it, so it didn't bother me. But yeah text is pretty damn small, now that you mention it.
Remember how tiny the text was in Witcher 3 pre-patch? Played it on my old 40inch TV and couldn't read shit in my inventory.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah still sucks massively but this is way better for him in terms of recovery and long term health. There's a possibility he damaged his meniscus and IT band too so could be more than a straight LCL, but with any luck he'll avoid surgery altogether.

Yeh you were bang on when it was being discussed in this thread when it happened. I think they are looking to avoid the surgery route so hopefully it doesn't have any lasting effects on him. He has a history of these issues though, I remember back when he was at arsenal he was talking about his body being a mess and being in a lot of pain (even when doing nothing at home) but he was still training and playing for 90 minutes. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit - Found it:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ng-through-the-pain-barrier-for-10486379.html

"I struggled with that for a large part of last season. There were times when I tried to get up from the bed, or from sitting on the sofa and I was in so much pain

"But then I would [be able to] play 90 minutes, and I couldn't get round it in my head that I was struggling with the simplest of tasks but was still playing games."

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
BVB hurt themselves so much in the past years that blaming everything on Bayern is a bit ridiculous. Just look at the start of this season and what happened afterwards.

Also making fun of Bayern's performance (still playing CL semifinals) this year when BVB's only points in CL group were from 2 draws with Apoel Nicosia and then they were eliminated by Red Bull Jr.?
GrotesqueScaryBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
My PS4 is constantly breaking the download of GoW patch, the only game it happened to me. Why do you hate me god

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BVB hurt themselves so much in the past years that blaming everything on Bayern is a bit ridiculous. Just look at the start of this season and what happened afterwards.

Also making fun of Bayern's performance (still playing CL semifinals) this year when BVB's only points in CL group were from 2 draws with Apoel Nicosia and then they were eliminated by Red Bull Jr.?
GrotesqueScaryBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif
People love to deflect, don't they?

What does that have to do with anything? Yeah, Dortmund was abysmal this year. Funny, right? I'm still glad Madrid won.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
As requested by Sammex here are some pics of my nasty wounds. Apologies for the size of the pictures, I'm an idiot with this kind of stuff

This was the reveal
ztiiV7u.jpg

Size comparison on the bed where I pissed myself
tyFaoD4.jpg

Bruises from today
E9d4tb6.jpg

Bonus cat
xXGjUQ8.jpg

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not saying Zorc and Watzke are doing a good job right now with their transfer income. There were a couple of very bad calls in the aftermath, but what does that have to do with anything? At that level it's difficult to get a good replacement. What Dortmund is doing right now is getting young talented players like Jadon Sancho and Sergio Gomez, because we accepted our fate. There is just no way Dortmund can compete with Bayern and their sponsors.

There is also a huge difference with buying selected players from different clubs and buying all the world-class players from one club. If Hertha made a cheap release clause for the contract it's their fault only.
And Adrian Ramos?`Come the fuck on...didn't you get like 10 mio for him? It's not like I understood that transfer at all, but that's a good transfer income for Ramos.

Fair point on the Weiser release clause, thing is Leverkusen already had an agreement with Mitch only for BVB to swoop in and make it a mess. I guess they came to the conclusion that Toljan isn't working out, saw a chance to get Weiser for 12m€ and made their play.
No hard feelings.

All in all, you have to admit that the arguments "sum X is good income" and "it's their fault that contract of player X is structured like that" works both ways in the "football food chain". Yes, we received money for Ramos, but Dortmund got paid for Götze and Hummels and while the Lewandowski drama had a bad smell to it, ultimately Lewa and his agent fucked you guys over with his "Munich or nothing" mindset. Just like Weiser is fucking us over with his "I need a bigger club" thing. As we speak Preetz & Dardai are probably looking to fuck over some 2.BL or Eastern European team,

I'm not trying to nominate Bayern & Uli for the nobel peace price but when they look for players the factors "does he speak German?" and "does he know the Bundesliga?" matter. So it's only natural that they go for Götze & Goretzka instead of Raheem Sterling or Juan Mata.

Maybe I'm too easy on Bayern, because Hertha players rarely show up on their radar, who knows?

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Again, I don't pretend to know much about German football, but to me the food chain there is much more linear than elsewhere. In the other big leagues there are 2-3 teams that can fight over players to take from teams in their own league and elsewhere. In Germany it seems Bayern are 100% unchallenged at the top of their food chain and mostly seem to take players from other German teams?

You know it pretty well IMO
We only have one superclubs here (currently & historically). Gladbach (70s), Dortmund (90s) and Hamburg (80s) had amazing runs, but no club has ever really established themself in the Euro elite.
The term "take players" is only part of the story, because German players want to play for Bayern as well. Whenever a young German prospect reaches a certain level, he'll be linked to Bayern and more often than not ends up in Munich.
Globalization (Bayern is the only global club) and the Bosman verdict (Bayern is the only club that can sign top level foreigners) have sped up the process.... and here we are:
German first graders in 2018 have never experienced a different BL champion than Bayern in their life.

It's a "it is what it is" type of situation. Nobody likes it that way, but what can you do?

This:

is also true. Bayern's dominance doesn't exist in a vacuum. The incompetence and ineptitude of potential challengers is part of the problem.

Oct 25, 2017
If Rodgers gets Arsenal I'll probably actually die laughing.

The key part being it would be The Rodge getting Arsenal and not the other way around.

Too right, wouldn't be limited to Spurs fans though.

And we'd have to take it. This is gonna be our best shot at the trophy for a while I reckon. We lose and we'll stay where we are, we win and suddenly we're a force again. Can't fuck this up.

As an aside, who are more hateable on the own-the-league group, Juve or Bayern?

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Too right, wouldn't be limited to Spurs fans though.
And who would blame you, I got aroused watching Barca violently rogering United in 2009 and 2011. I still think about those games when I need to speed things along.

As an aside, who are more hateable on the own-the-league group, Juve or Bayern?
I'd say Bayern, simply based on the fact that they are so far ahead of everyone else, both now and historically. Juve have won the league a million times, but they still have 5 less European Cups compared to Milan. Inter have also had a period of domination in the last decade, who also have the same amount of European Cups as Juve.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it, and enjoying it, but I'm honestly mystified at the amount of praise it's getting. I must be at least 10 hours in, and it feels like a solid 8/10 game.

Visually it's a straight 10 but everything else so far for me is about an 8 or 9. Only got the game yesterday but does feel like it is getting better the further I get and the pacing is extremely well done, found it very hard to put down and the first game in about a decade I have played for 12hrs straight.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 65 inch screen and sit right in front of it, so it didn't bother me. But yeah text is pretty damn small, now that you mention it.
Remember how tiny the text was in Witcher 3 pre-patch? Played it on my old 40inch TV and couldn't read shit in my inventory.
I had to use that accessibility option where you click the sticks in to zoom your screen pre-patch ha. Remember when everything went to HD last gen and no devs understood what that would do to font size?

Visually it's a straight 10 but everything else so far for me is about an 8 or 9. Only got the game yesterday but does feel like it is getting better the further I get and the pacing is extremely well done, found it very hard to put down and the first game in about a decade I have played for 12hrs straight.

There's a moment about 4-5 hours in where they take the reins off. They let you explore and do side content and they also open up other systems to you. Feels like you're out of the tutorial.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I had to use that accessibility option where you click the sticks in to zoom your screen pre-patch ha. Remember when everything went to HD last gen and no devs understood what that would do to font size?

There's a moment about 4-5 hours in where they take the reins off. They let you explore and do side content and they also open up other systems to you. Feels like you're out of the tutorial.
Yea the tutorial in GoW is the same length as your average Call of Duty.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Is it worth getting dumped by the girlfriend for sacking off a weekend with her up north where her parents are to stay in and play God of War all weekend?

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
The variety in that section is more than most games manage in 15 hours, and when I say tutorial, I mean the linear part of the game where you are still being introduced to new gameplay features. Not a barrage of floating text boxes, hand-holding and cutscenes

This is the kind of thing I'm not understanding. What variety do you mean? It has the same gameplay loop as a Naughty Dog game?

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are not feeling it, that's fine, but it's RE4-like in it's encounter design and pacing. The combat is satisfying AF and it gets deeper and deeper as it goes on.

RE4 is the most comparable thing I can think of so far for the beginning of the game after that it reminds me of CRPG's. Not really had a Zelda vibe from it though, there are environmental puzzles for progression exactly like those in Zelda but they were a core aspect of progression in the original trilogy so don't feel overly Zelda in the context of the game, that feels more God of War to me.

Last edited:

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Gaal has been offered a job he can't refuse.

You ready Arsenal lads?

jarnet87

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The text in God of War is so god dam small. I have been wanting to play it in bed before I go to sleep the past few nights but I have a 32 inch television, can't make out a god dam thing from 9-10 feet away. Been playing it at my desk instead. Maybe it's time for a TV upgrade, or these fuckers could just make the text bigger. Been playing it in 30 minute chunks or so, maybe 90 minutes in, have a hard time sitting for long sessions of single player games these days.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of thing I'm not understanding. What variety do you mean? It has the same gameplay loop as a Naughty Dog game?
Did you play Lost Legacy?

First 5 hours of GOW is very linear like Uncharted 4. Then you reach a point where it opens out like Lost Legacy. There's a linear path you could go on for the story, or you can explore this hub for side content. Some is puzzle encounters, some combat challenges, treasure hunts. Then when you're ready you just continue with the main path.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Liverpool are going to become the most liked team in the world if they stop Real from lifting that damn trophy again.

Hope so, this thread needs some more Liverpool fans % wise

Yes, I remember now. I remember Macca made a good wedge from it personally.

Ahh, Houllier had his faults, but properly loves the club and won trophies. Also had a terrible time personally. Still does a tonne with the club now. In fact he was jumping like a loon with Rush and Dalglish yesterday.

Houllier did a lot to modernise Liverpool at a time when they really needed it, he's a very important part of Liverpool's history even if ultimately he wasn't good enough.

He still clearly loves Liverpool too, remember when he managed Villa and played us at Anfield, and basically said "if i had to lose to someone I am glad it was Liverpool". I genuinely can't think of another quote by a manager thats so unprofessional lol

Not a Bayern fan myself #HaHoHe but I will never get the Schadenfreude when Bayern loses.
Im German, therefore I root for the German team. Period. Even if patriotism isn't your thing, the UEFA coefficient is a pretty good reason to root for Bayern.

I'm half German half English and basically want Bayern and Man United to lose in as many things as possible. Sod the coefficient, watching the Super Clubs do well all the time is boring

It's a "it is what it is" type of situation. Nobody likes it that way, but what can you do?

Strongly disagree with this logic too, this doesn't mean everyone has to embrace it either

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
The text in God of War is so god dam small. I have been wanting to play it in bed before I go to sleep the past few nights but I have a 32 inch television, can't make out a god dam thing from 9-10 feet away. Been playing it at my desk instead. Maybe it's time for a TV upgrade, or these fuckers could just make the text bigger. Been playing it in 30 minute chunks or so, maybe 90 minutes in, have a hard time sitting for long sessions of single player games these days.

Friends of mine who don't have great eyesight have found this as well, were very grateful for the update that lets you make it bigger, it's not just your TV, the text was just too small for a lot of people

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
As requested by Sammex here are some pics of my nasty wounds. Apologies for the size of the pictures, I'm an idiot with this kind of stuff

This was the reveal
ztiiV7u.jpg

Size comparison on the bed where I pissed myself
tyFaoD4.jpg

Bruises from today
E9d4tb6.jpg

Bonus cat
xXGjUQ8.jpg
cool cat mate but his eye looks a bit disturbing (so do your wounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.