• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing use of VAR. Well in ref! Proper brave decision to check and discount the penalty.

I can't see how anyone can say VAR hasn't been a massive success here. It's been quick and mostly accurate. It'd improve the Premier League, but of course they're resisting it cos reasons.

In case you missed it - the ref gave this as a pen in real time. Took 20 seconds to check VAR, then overturned the penalty.
VAR is one of the best things to happen to football and anyone who complains about it is just being a twat frankly. Poor decisions and cheating do not make football better and having checks in place makes it much fairer and entertaining for me. Once they streamline the process it'll just be part of the game. The people complaining about this probably would have complained about the backpass rule change in 92

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Audioboxer still banned?

VAR is one of the best things to happen to football and anyone who complains about it is just being a twat frankly. Poor decisions and cheating do not make football better and having checks in place makes it much fairer and entertaining for me. Once they streamline the process it'll just be part of the game. The people complaining about this probably would have complained about the backpass rule change in 92

Agreed! I cannot wait for it in the Premier League, you will get 10/15 penalites a game with all the holding in the box, will cut that shit out.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This, this, fucking this. I couldn't care less if it means Liverpool get x amount of decisions denied, retracted that we'd have hypothetically got under just the ref's and linesmens' eyes, since this has been amongst the fairest shit I've seen in years. It needs to be implemented.

Jerry

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This, this, fucking this. I couldn't care less if it means Liverpool get x amount of decisions denied, retracted that we'd have hypothetically got under just the ref's and linesmens' eyes, since this has been amongst the fairest shit I've seen in years. It needs to be implemented.

Yeh this version of VAR I can get behind. The shit they trialed in the FA cup last season was light years behind

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this on twitter about VAR being used in Italy last season

VAR in Italy after 346 games: – 1.736 Checks, 105 decisions changed, 17 wrongfully changed – error rate: 6,05% without VAR, 0,98% with VAR – decrease of fouls (–8,8%), protests (–19,3%), simulations (–43%) – increase of penalties (+4,3%)

Reducing general errors from 6% down to less than 1%, decrease in fouls, protesting, and diving. How could this not be seen as a good thing? It'll obviously have some issues with implementation at first but that would only be temporary as things get streamlined.

Anyone else digging that episode of Escape to the Country before the WC coverage starts?

Lovely stuff.

I like to imagine I have enough money to buy one of the properties, and then I get sad.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll miss that feeling when your team has just got away with something blatant, or beating Burnley with suspect late penalties

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Argentina being hilarious yet again. A minutes silence on the national television for the National Team and rumours the squad is trying to get the manager out before they play Nigeria.

Also Southgate spitting truth again.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Also Southgate spitting truth again.

Not really. It isn't the media's job to help the team, it's their job to report on what is happening. They're journalists, not cheerleaders. If someone is stupid enough to wander around an open (press allowed to attend) training session with a team sheet on display, then the publication of that team sheet is on them, not the media

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. It isn't the media's job to help the team, it's their job to report on what is happening. They're journalists, not cheerleaders. If someone is stupid enough to wander around an open (press allowed to attend) training session with a team sheet on display, then the publication of that team sheet is on them, not the media
Gotta agree, he's not wrong that the media are typically a factor in England's woes on and off the pitch, but that is more the rampant level of tabloid journalistic tendencies of making or spinning stories as far flung as they can. In this instance, nah it's a match line-up, a good one too, that even knowing beforehand shouldn't influence too much of the game on Sunday.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
The UK media is the only one in the world that actively sabotages it's NT

That's patently untrue.

The Argentine minutes silence last night is a prime example. They aren't even out of the tournament yet, but their press are writing their obituaries. Brazilians aren't much better and in Europe the French and Spanish press are at least as bad as their UK counterparts

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
The media chooses to publish what they have. As always. They don;t have to, but selling a paper is the only thing they care about so its hardly a shock when they do it.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Media can do whatever it pleases, for better or worse. A sporting tournament will not change shit. Especially where tabloids are concerned. They relish this kind of outrage.

Steve Holland should be more careful next time.

Kyle Walker pleading decency will never not make me laugh though.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
You know what I hate? People putting salt on their food in restaurants.

Oh that's a nice meal I'll get that.

Thank you waiter, that looks marvelous, I'm starving.

Here, let me open up 4 sachets of salt and dump it on it.

What are you, 85 years old? Why you ruining your meal? State of you.

Custard

Alt Account
Banned
May 10, 2018
I havent used any salt on food since I was a kid, I don't know why people would want to. Also God of War is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.