• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
ah the dead or alive defense

I'll be real though, the people on this forum will not reflect on the content they consume five or so years ago here unless someone in the media makes an article about it, which in turn said user here will make a thread. It's no excuse to obvious, concerning issues that plague this industry but it's what I expect out of this place lmfao i mean we got clowns defending corporate takeovers and worker abuse here so as long as they get there game, wouldn't be me though

I will say that I feel as if Ninja Theory is a better developer when it comes to tackling these issues now than five or so years ago. Unless Bleeding Edge proves me otherwise (which i doubt?????)

For sure, I understand the realities of it, and I don't want to tell people to not enjoy what they play on their own terms.

My frustration comes from the fact ERA puts on a veneer of inclusivity and yet time and again members will refuse to engage with these issues even when clearly defined in threads such as these. Or worse, try and dismiss them because they feel they're irrelevant.

It sucks.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt like the characters or story but I'll always say the level design and a few of the bosses were freaking great.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
For sure, I understand the realities of it, and I don't want to tell people to not enjoy what they play on their own terms.

My frustration comes from the fact ERA puts on a veneer of inclusivity and yet time and again members will refuse to engage with these issues even when clearly defined in threads such as these. Or worse, try and dismiss them because they feel they're irrelevant.

It sucks.

being black on the internet 101

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I would have liked to see NT's original game without Capcom's input.

Just so I could shot on it harder.

As it is, DmC is still the best western developed character action game around.

And it is GOOD in the remastered version!

It just does its namesake no favours at all.

Edit: When people praise this game's level design I always feel like I'm on crazy pills.'

The levels have good VISUAL design, but besides that they're no better than anything else in the series.

DMC 3 blows this game out of the water in level design.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
After finishing DMC5, I don't feel any different about DmC. As I have been actively pushing for years for mainline DMC to adopt the features from DmC that DMC5 has borrowed (and others that didn't carry oer), I already appreciated them, more than almost anyone. As for art direction and level design, I was never terribly impressed with DmC in either aspect. It's no high bar and never was.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
The bosses are all mostly braindead setpieces and music is nothing in this game. Jesus Christ every other year I swear I have to read yet another attempt at painting this game ad unfairly maligned.

We will agree to disagree. I think the Bob Barbas fight is one of the best and most imaginative boss fights in video game history.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
no

DMC5 is the better game to me and enthusiast gamers who happen to enjoy this franchise will probably still be mad that developer insulted fanbase or some weirdo shit, wouldn't be tho

you really shouldn't have bumped this

That's awful of you. You do understand that DMC5 also had some behind the scene drama? Let's not derail the thread.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I know people are sick of hearing it, but I thought DmC did a far greater job at having the stuff outside combat (visuals, camera angles and SFX for attacks) complement the stylish fighting than DMC5 did.

I'm not trying to start another DMC war with that, but it's a thing the Itsuno games have always relegated a bit in their pursuit for the deepest combat. Whatever you feel about NT's more edgy, aggressive styling of the DMC universe there are things they understand about what make a game like this feel cool which can and should be brought forward into DMC6 (or whatever follows).

DMC 5 is the game I wanted but also I expected much more somehow.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know people are sick of hearing it, but I thought DmC did a far greater job at having the stuff outside combat (visuals, camera angles and SFX for attacks) complement the stylish fighting than DMC5 did.

I'm not trying to start another DMC war with that, but it's a thing the Itsuno games have always relegated a bit in their pursuit for the deepest combat. Whatever you feel about NT's more edgy, aggressive styling of the DMC universe there are things they understand about what make a game like this feel cool which can and should be brought forward into DMC6 (or whatever follows).

SFX for attacks isn't outside of combat tho. And whatever your thoughts on DMC5's SFX (which I think are fine) I thought DmC's were poor. They're wispy-looking, lack flair, and a bunch like Ricoshot, Drive and Aquila's moves get drowned out by DmC's heavy post-processing effects.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I would say 2019 era video gaming is still a boys club fuckhouse trying to paint a veneer of inclusivity to cover its own back.

The conversation in this thread even still has defenses of the blatant homophobia and deep rooted misogyny the game has and most people still handwave it with "levels look cool tho"
Tbh, im starting to think we should move on from trashing DmC because homophobia/sexism thing, and im not fan at all of DmC nor think the game doesn't have its issues with terrible writting, its just that we single out DmC every time
If we were to comment on every game that has homophobic developers, im sure most games would be blacklisted 😷 what NT did apart from the others is that they embraced it in an official showing, and had misogynistic scenes in their games, the part about the abortion is very shitty, the others are lame but not something you won't see in avg action movie.

Tbh DMC 5 also incredibly sexist in the way the ladies appear in the story, nowhere as bad as DmC, but dissapointing in that i can't say its much better than what NT does

We can only hope Ninja Theory learns from this and focus on more positive messages like with Hellblade,DmC is way in the past and won't be getting a sequel thankfully

Oct 28, 2017
Aesthetically and stylistically it's the best game in the series. Has the best and most varied soundtrack, too. And honestly I even prefer how it plays.

It's only downfall was that the story tried to take itself seriously and boy was that ever a bad move.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

But many gamers didn't found DmC that 'cool' either,flashier sure, cool ? 🤨