• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Per Ubisoft: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-363368-16/for-honor-next-gen-plan

Hello Warriors!

Today, we are happy to announce that For Honor will be headed to next-generation consoles. We can now confirm our next-gen backward compatibility and are very excited to provide, through it, an enhanced For Honor experience to next-gen players as we enter this new chapter for the gaming industry.

Below is all you need to know about For Honor and its Next Gen plan!

GRAPHICAL ENHANCEMENTS AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH OF NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Next-gen console players will be able to experience the highest-level of graphical enhancements that For Honor has to offer. These enhancements, carried over from the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are now available, without compromises, on all next-gen consoles:

• Improved Water Reflections
  • Improved Distance Level of Detail
  • Improved Shadow Resolution
  • Improved Texture Filtering
  • 4k Resolution (Xbox Series X, PS5) / 1080 p (Xbox Series S)

FREE AND SEAMLESS TRANSITION FOR CURRENT CONSOLE PLAYERS

If you currently own For Honor on PS4 or XBox One, your profile, including all purchases and inventory is automatically shared with its Next Gen counterparts (ex: PS4 and PS5).

FOR HONOR AT 60 FPS ON NEXT GEN CONSOLES FOR THE START OF Y4S4

The team is happy to announce that For Honor will be playable at 60 FPS on all next gen consoles for the beginning of next season Y4S4, early next December.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Now do Division 2 Ubisoft.

Edit: Oh, this doesn't sound like a true next gen patch. Just confirming the backwards compatible game will get a resolution bump.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
60fps is the bigger upgrade, no? It's 30fps on all consoles right now I believe.

The team is happy to announce that For Honor will be playable at 60 FPS on all next gen consoles for the beginning of next season Y4S4, early next December.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
don't think they mention any next gen upgrade? seems to just be confirming backwards compatibility

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
The real news is 1080p on Series S. I was expecting alot of 1080p but not that fast really.

Nah. It was always pitched as a 1440p - 1080p console.
if it keeps all the same improvements seen in the PS5 and XSX, it'll look largely the same, just At a lower resolution. Basically the promise for the console.

There's not much need to render at 1440p native since it's aimed at 1080p TVs.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
That they talk of free and seamless transition for current players is basically confirming that there won´t be such a thing for AC:Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion as these don´t have the progression stored on their servers afaik.

they should speak about that, by now they should know if you can carry your save file forward or not.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
The real news is 1080p on Series S. I was expecting alot of 1080p but not that fast really.
Right? They had time to fully focus on getting the most out of it and that's all the series s is capable of in a current gen title? I hope it's just them going directly for the option that was just easier to develop for.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. It was always pitched as a 1440p - 1080p console.
if it keeps all the same improvements seen in the PS5 and XSX, it'll look largely the same, just At a lower resolution. Basically the promise for the console.

There's not much need to render at 1440p native since it's aimed at 1080p TVs.
Let's be honest, Microsoft never once used the term 1080p in their marketing for the Series S. It was all about 1440p.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
That can't be right? This is a current gen game.

Being a current gen games, means little to nothing.

Do you seriously think every current-gen game patched is going to run at Native 4K/60fps on XSX and PS5 or 1440p on Series S?

Just today we had NRS confirming that MK11 is dynamic 4K on XSX and PS5 for example.

If you guys are expecting all current-gen games to run Native 4K on the big consoles and 1440p on Series S, well, good luck.

Jul 10, 2020
Holy hell I forgot this game exists and I got it for free.

I know it has a single player mode, is it any good?

Is it too late to try and jump in online? Is it like Seige with deep learning curve and inability to learn due to toxicity?

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
How else would the game get to 60fps? It's currently locked at 30fps for current-gen.
different update that will happen in "the beginning of next season Y4S4, early next December". Basically they are saying at launch no next gen upgrade on resolution, its just backwards compatible. (series x uses one x profile and series s uses one s so 4K vs 1080p) and then there will be an update later that just ups the fps

Oct 25, 2017
That can't be right? This is a current gen game.
I would assume that because this upgrade is free, they maybe didn't go nuts with optimization for Series S. Or maybe 60fps at 1440p was just too much for it. Aren't many Ubisoft games very power hungry? Even though AC Odyssey is a current gen game, it's a tough one to get really high performance out of on PC, for example.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I wish all games will get next-gen upgrades.
Best news is 60 FPS like AC Valhalla. This is needed for its nature of combat.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound like a 60fps 'mode'. Sounds like all next gen consoles are now 60fps with all of the highest graphics stuff. PS5/XSX at 4k, XSS at 1080p.
No, the 60fps patch is coming later. I suspect the XSS version is 1080p because Xbox One is. And firstly, this game will be running what is essentially BC.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Let's be honest, Microsoft never once used the term 1080p in their marketing for the Series S. It was all about 1440p.

Yep. 1440p Sounds better in marketing talk. But they've always said it was aimed at people who aren't on 4K TVs or aren't fussed about 4K.

Personally I wish the XSS didn't exist or they were a bit less conservative with the power, but facts are facts.

EDIT: This shouldn't really tax the XSS since it's a current gen game with relatively modest upgrades, so it's more likely they had a 1080p target all along

Oct 29, 2017
This is interesting! I have it, and enjoy the game quiet a bit! Unfortunately, between big games that come through, plus my constant returns to either Apex, Rogue Company, COD:MW, and R6:Siege, I fall off for large gaps of time. The one rough thing about this game, is it's, IMO, not a easy pick up and play game, at least if you want to do halfway well. That's what prevents me for keeping it in my normal rotation.

Anyways, looking forward to see what they do with this upgrade!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I´ve found something on the cross save situation regarding Watch Dogs Legion:

"We had previously known about free next-gen upgrades and cross-gen save transfers being available for the game, but in light of the multiplayer reveal, I asked about how Watch Dogs: Legion's online component fits into all this."

www.gamespot.com

Watch Dogs: Legion Gets Cross-Platform Progression For Online Modes

If you're on next-gen with PS5 or Xbox Series X/S, or on PC and current-gen, your online progress will carry over.

the question is, when did they say this? i never heard them talking about cross save till this article

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah, seems weird. 1440p/60 should be doable for a last gen game right ?

It depends on the title I guess.. And it also depends on how high they are pushing the graphics and resolution on the XsX.

To be honest I simply think that MS should have marketed the XsS as a 1080p machine that might hit 1440p at times instead of a 1440p machine.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No, the 60fps patch is coming later. I suspect the XSS version is 1080p because Xbox One is. And firstly, this game will be running what is essentially BC.

To me 'a 60fps mode' suggest that it'll have a toggle for 60fps and a different mode for 30fps. Nothing in this blog post indicates that. It just says that the next gen versions will all run at 60fps after a patch in December.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Now THIS brings up an interesting scenario. For Honor is currently on PS Now. If you download it, could you grab the free upgrade? I imagine it might allow it if For Honor shows up in your download/purchase history. (For reference, when you download a game from PS Now, you get a transaction notice).

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Doesn't sound like a 60fps 'mode'. Sounds like all next gen consoles are now 60fps with all of the highest graphics stuff. PS5/XSX at 4k, XSS at 1080p.
From the wording, it sounds like rather than the full fledged versions that other games are getting, for honor will just use a simple patch that unlocks the framerate while playing on a next gen console and run via the console's boost mode

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Hell yeah! Going to buy this on console then for the 60FPS.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's going from 900p/30fps to 1080p/60fps. That's a pretty sizeable jump.

While this is true, its just weird to see games already not adhering to the 1440p/60 FPS promise the device is being marketed at. That too for a last gen enhancement patch, this doesn't really bode well for native next-gen games.

Will we start seeing 900p~1080p games become common on XSS in 2021-2 ?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I wish we could get some cross play in this piece now that 60fps is coming. For Honor is top 10 game this gen.