• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Daily orders. You can get like 1K steel in two matches just by doing the daily orders, then the other orders that stack up can give you a bit more as well.

Beyond that, grinding Dominion is your fastest bet, you can probably get about 250-300 steel an hour or so if you're playing back-to-back.
Cheers I did the dailys today but didn't actually see how much they were worth I went from 7700 - 9300 with all orders complete woth about 4 hours of gameplay. Just seems a bit grindy, is the 25000 pack worth it? I've not read it but does it let you customize them too or once the unlock do you also need to recruit them?

Thanks for the help. I've put this game on the backburner for so long because the lock characters annoy me but the population at the time didn't seem worth buying the extra passes, especially when some of the orders are play X duels or brawld which was sitting in matchmaking for ages. With the expansion out those game types seem to have picked up but I've not convinced yet to buy characters with real money.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where is that 25000 for all heroes pack? I dont see it in the store and when I mouse over people they are 10000 each.

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers I did the dailys today but didn't actually see how much they were worth I went from 7700 - 9300 with all orders complete woth about 4 hours of gameplay. Just seems a bit grindy, is the 25000 pack worth it? I've not read it but does it let you customize them too or once the unlock do you also need to recruit them?

Thanks for the help. I've put this game on the backburner for so long because the lock characters annoy me but the population at the time didn't seem worth buying the extra passes, especially when some of the orders are play X duels or brawld which was sitting in matchmaking for ages. With the expansion out those game types seem to have picked up but I've not convinced yet to buy characters with real money.

I mean, it's a bit grindy, but considering that all the heroes and such are only like 1-2 weeks of Steel apiece, it's decently generous imo JUST doing daily orders.

That said, I do get the frustration. I bought 100K steel way back when the game first hit, and I've kinda been occasionally dipping into that since, heh.

I dunno much about the 25K pack, sorry. D:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get steel? Want to buy that 25000 pack for all hero unlocked (except expansion obviously) I'm on 9000 and haven't bought a thing got all of the Knight guys between level 5 - 8 and the main viking dude to 6. 1 completeld match is giving me like 50 steel and contracts or whatever are goving me like 100 - 150. I've just done them all that I had available today and got just over 1000 points in the end. Is there a quicker way to get steel because this will take forever at this rate.
What Buttzerker said. I've spent 10-20 minutes every day doing at least the daily orders since they gave out the starter pack during E3 and I've made enough not only to buy champion status for a year, but I'm also sitting on 50k steel right now and that's after buying a bunch of cosmetics.

Maybe I play a little too much actually, I'm already rep 46. :-/

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you wanna add me to spar or team up, I'm Blurzerker on Uplay! PC! Happy to train new players; I used to be a training partner for pro streamers. :D

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers Butzerker and Giest I'll keep cracking at it I suck hard but it has some charm to it.
Don't forget you can choose to play against AI in matchmaking. I did that for a long time when I first started, especially when I tried heroes I wasn't familiar with.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had more time to get back into this, but I'm glad that Ubi doesn't plan on abandoning the game anytime soon.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay so just to be clear they want me to pay $30 in order to access the new heroes?

Also is this a requirement to have access to any future DLC heroes or is it just for that faction?

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so just to be clear they want me to pay $30 in order to access the new heroes?

Also is this a requirement to have access to any future DLC heroes or is it just for that faction?

The heroes will be available for steel purchase in two weeks. Buying the expansion just saves you steel/gets you early access. It worked the same way in Year One, with the heroes being available to Season Pass people 2 weeks earlier, then available to buy with steel later.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The heroes will be available for steel purchase in two weeks. Buying the expansion just saves you steel/gets you early access. It worked the same way in Year One, with the heroes being available to Season Pass people 2 weeks earlier, then available to buy with steel later.

Yeah but thats only for early access, wait a week or two and you'll be able to buy em separately.

Okay thank god. I was about to delete the game before it even finished downloading.

Also is it true that they took away all of your gear stats and replaced it with perks? Perks that I hear are.....less than great?

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay thank god. I was about to delete the game before it even finished downloading.

Also is it true that they took away all of your gear stats and replaced it with perks? Perks that I hear are.....less than great?

Some people are mad because the right gear combos could make you damn near unkillable before, whereas perks are much less dramatic.

IMO as a long-time player it's a vast improvement. New players don't get completely crushed in 4v4 now.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

The perks seem good, but actually getting them is a bother if I'm understanding the new system right. You need, say, 600 points to get one, and each item offers between 0 to 100-ish points towards that perk. And of course, the maximum number of points is only allocated on upgraded gear, so it saps your scrap and steel to get a "build". If you ever want to change builds it's a huge investment.

Also, by default you'll have one perk, which means some gear is actually worse than default equipment...

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some people are mad because the right gear combos could make you damn near unkillable before, whereas perks are much less dramatic.

IMO as a long-time player it's a vast improvement. New players don't get completely crushed in 4v4 now.

Well that is good I guess. I did always hate the unkillable revenge builds.

The perks seem good, but actually getting them is a bother if I'm understanding the new system right. You need, say, 600 points to get one, and each item offers between 0 to 100-ish points towards that perk. And of course, the maximum number of points is only allocated on upgraded gear, so it saps your scrap and steel to get a "build". If you ever want to change builds it's a huge investment.

Also, by default you'll have one perk, which means some gear is actually worse than default equipment...

That uh....does not sound very good.

I have been away for while and I was a Zerker main. I guess I will have to see how it goes.

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that is good I guess. I did always hate the unkillable revenge builds.

That uh....does not sound very good.

I have been away for while and I was a Zerker main. I guess I will have to see how it goes.

Higher-level gear, like before, gives you a lot more perk points total, for the record. It's just less dramatic than having topped out revenge stats.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks really good! I have a question, I got the Starter Edition for free when it was given away on Steam that one time and I know Ubisoft games Starter Editions are a bad deal most of the time so if I ever want to get into For Honor can I just buy the expansion still and am I good to go? Also is the graphics-update? also in the base-game or just in the expansion?

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Wow this looks really good! I have a question, I got the Starter Edition for free when it was given away on Steam that one time and I know Ubisoft games Starter Editions are a bad deal most of the time so if I ever want to get into For Honor can I just buy the expansion still and am I good to go? Also is the graphics-update? also in the base-game or just in the expansion?

Yes you can. Expansion works with starter.
It'll give you 4 new heroes instantly, and the new arcade mode.

The graphics update new maps and modes and features are free for everyone regardless of Edition

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woo, hit Rep 1 on my monk. Current appearance update:

45351780062_1f3b524831_o.png

30462521917_9985263f44_o.png

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had the motive to play lately after starting a few months back, hopefully Marching Fire gets me into it more. I've enjoyed For Honor but I get stressed easily, still feel like a complete newbie.

OP
OP
Buttzerker

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily but I'm pretty sure after the early access period for the Wu Lin ends they won't balance the lost value by lowering the price for the addon.

It'll go on sale so often it won't matter though. The last season passes and such have gone on sale, like, every 3 months on steam like clockwork.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Well if you want any of the new heroes, it's not just early access. You get them all instantly, which saves like 8 ours of play per hero to unlock. So there's that plus arcade

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The last two days I've spend more time and 100k on trying to get new armor sets for 12 heroes than I have actually playing the new contest. Haha!
Only missing two pieces that I still need.

Fashion Honor, represent.
Love hearing the wife comment about my "Barbie Dress up Knights" game.

Love the new content. But arcade mode still isn't as fun as doing the Orders against AI.
My favorite game this gen by far.

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade mode is... weird. Like, I think it could be amazing, but it's not quite there yet. The ratio of time spent in menu to fighting to rewards feels off. But Breach is so good and free, I felt justified in spending money on it. Also, the new heroes are a lot of fun. But really, Breach is a blast, and everybody gets it, and it could be the new main mode for quite some time.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
The last two days I've spend more time and 100k on trying to get new armor sets for 12 heroes than I have actually playing the new contest. Haha!
Only missing two pieces that I still need.

Fashion Honor, represent.
Love hearing the wife comment about my "Barbie Dress up Knights" game.

Love the new content. But arcade mode still isn't as fun as doing the Orders against AI.
My favorite game this gen by far.

Ya can't make that post and not show the fashion!

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Once I finish up with Red Dead, I think I will crack into this. I've been hearing good things coming from the community lately.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Ya can't make that post and not show the fashion!
I'll take some screens and post them soon.

I got pretty much all the new armor I wanted for all of my characters. Some great mix and match looks too with the new stuff. Unmasked PK and Nobushi, fantastic.

I am absolutely loving the Shaolin character, I'm so happy they added some Chinese weapons/styles.

I used to love playing Soul Calibur, this is the game I always wanted while playing that. SC is great, but this feels like a more realistic, grown up version. If they added a nunchaku hero I'd be in heaven.

Edit, this is pretty great.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
At what "reputation" do I start getting the real cool looking gear/outfitsfor a particular hero?

Also I remember hearing that I should hold off on opening chests until my preferred hero is a particular reputation. Is that still valid and if so, what reputation?

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At what "reputation" do I start getting the real cool looking gear/outfitsfor a particular hero?

Also I remember hearing that I should hold off on opening chests until my preferred hero is a particular reputation. Is that still valid and if so, what reputation?

Yes, if you open chests at a low rep, you'll get low level stuff, so hold off on them. You start getting the highest level gear at rep 7.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fighting a Tiandi angers me. That line they repeat with that popular dodge attack over and over again is the cherry on top of a milkshake of annoyance.