• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I found this interesting and wanted to share this with people.
http://midwestenergynews.com/2017/10/30/for-milwaukee-muslims-solar-is-an-act-of-faith-and-service/
Burhan Clark points out the young fruit trees planted just above the steep, bramble-covered creek bed next to the Dawah Islamic Center on the North Side of Milwaukee. Planting trees is a form of sadaqah jariyah, or ongoing charity, he explains as his young sons scramble down to the creek and then help each other climb up a stone wall, exploring their slice of nature in the middle of the city.

Sadaqah jariyah is one of the faith's hadith, or teachings of the Prophet Muhammad. It urges people to invest in the future, creating things that will bear fruit for others even after they are gone.

The trees around the Dawah Center aren't the only sadaqah jariyah project growing at the mosque and community center. Nearly a year ago, the Dawah Center began a project to put solar panels on its roof, another initiative that would help fulfill the Koran's teachings about protecting the environment, Clark says.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I should be more like that,. Thanks, if nothing else, it'll get me to think about it and offer whatever support I can manage in my community.