• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BahamutX83

Mar 13, 2019
Florida
I feel that a handful of Microsoft-published titles on PC and Steam should be added to the list:

Disneyland Adventures
ReCore: Definitive Edition
Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
Super Lucky's Tale
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Edition

All of these games are published by THQ Nordic at retail and are listed on the publisher's website. As for Steam, I'm not finding anything concrete, and they're labelled as Microsoft-published games on the storefront, but I am finding this initial write-up from Variety:

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/windows-steam-xbox-1202911522/

I would also include Sunset Overdrive, as it had a similar deal when it was announced, but it seems to no longer be listed on THQ Nordic's website. I was able to access this press release a few weeks ago, but it's straight-up gone now:

https://thqnordic.com/article/open-...-xbox-one-exclusive-sunset-overdrive-comes-pc

Forgive me for a silly question; it doesn't support THQNordic if I download these on my Xbox via game pass right?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I have no intention do support this shitstain of a company going forward. So help me out here Era.
I'm based in EU and mildly interested in Yakuza and quite a bit interested in Shenmue III. What are my options?
OP isn't clear about the SEGA/Atlus situation. I'm fine if I buy Yakuza on PSN ore import, correct?
And Shenmue III? Are they worldwide publisher on that one? Both, digital and retail?
Typically THQ Nordic AB only handles physical distribution of Sega's games through Koch Media, but Yakuza Kiwami is actually published by Deep Silver in Europe, both digital and physical. You'd have to look into importing with that one. All other Yakuza are digitally THQ free.

Deep Silver doesn't publish all Atlus games in Europe, but those they do, same deal as Kiwami. Or at least that's the case with Catherine and Persona 5.
You can check the digital publisher yourself right under the title of the game on https://store.playstation.com/

Getting the games used is always a decent compromise.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think THQ NORDIC should definitely fire the people responsible for the Ask me anything but it will not happen. Boycotting their games wont do anything though.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I am no longer finding Metro Exodus on the OP list! So... yay to a new copy down the line?

No, the Metro games were published and funded by Deep Silver, which is owned by Koch, which is owned by THQ Nordic. If you want to boycott every company even remotely associated with the AMA, you need to boycott the Metro games too.

Relevant IPs:
Saints Row
Metro
Dead Island
Homefront
Agents of Mayhem
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kingdom Come
Risen
Sacred
Elex
Desperados
Red Faction
Biomutant
Darksiders
Outcast
Titan Quest
deBlob
Battle Chasers
Jagged Alliance
This is the Police
Wreckfest
The Raven
The Guild
Spellforce
Alone in the Dark
Carmageddon
Shadowrun Chronicles
Painkiller
Gothic
Aquanox
Delta Force
Act of War

You can find a complete list by simply looking up Deep Silver and THQ Nordic on Steam.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
This shit is dreadfully tired.

You lames will lambast developers and proudly scream about not buying a game over microtransactions...... Over Epic Store exclusivity.... Over DLC options.... Over fucking framerate..... Over censoring fucking anime titties and outfits and shit

Not even once you mention those "developers" you love so much. Not once do you give a damn unless they can be used as your little chip.

A few people decide to boycott a publisher over condoning a shit website and userbase and you all come shitting up the thread with your baby bullshit.

Give it a fucking break, piss out the damn thread. Transparent as fuck. Fucking corny ass gamers

So much this. The priorities some people have are INCREDIBLY telling.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
This is a useful thread. With all the acquisitions they made, I had no idea what the full scope of games being published by them.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, after reading a lot of great responses in this thread I felt informed enough that I could try my hand at tackling this topic on my latest Shenmue podcast.

A lot of Shenmue fans may be hearing about talk of boycotts on their favorite game but might not have a grasp on the whole story.

I hope I presented the situation accurately and fairly.

THQ discussion starts at 53:05

Please let me know if I messed up anything so I can correct it next time.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Vampire The Masquerade 2 is to be added I am afraid, Paradox is in Koch Media group

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
They are independent companies. You can even look up the shareholders.

However, they do have a business partnership of some kind.
Sega also is independent, If you are going to boycott you boycott every revenue and for example they publish Atlus and some Sega games in Europe.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sega also is independent, If you are going to boycott you boycott every revenue and for example they publish Atlus and some Sega games in Europe.
I don't know why you are trying to catch me out. I was just giving a description of what's going on.

And for the record, I haven't bought a Deep Silver published SEGA game since SMT IV, and have no intention of doing so in the future. Although my personal position is still to buy SEGA games if THQ have nothing to do with it (like say, their PC releases), if people want to extend that to a complete boycott of all business partners that's their choice.

Just... don't mislead people by saying shit like Paradox (or SEGA for that matter) is owned by Koch media

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I don't know why you are trying to catch me out. I was just giving a description of what's going on.

And for the record, I haven't bought a Deep Silver published SEGA game since SMT IV, and have no intention of doing so in the future. Although my personal position is still to buy SEGA games if THQ have nothing to do with it (like say, their PC releases), if people want to extend that to a complete boycott of all business partners that's their choice.
Of course, but Marketing is very likely to be handled by them, that's the point.

I don't understand the doubts, looking at the previous pages the consensus was everything or nothing, seems like this game is too good to be ignored or something

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paradox distribute some games at physical retail by Koch Media. All digital games are sold by Paradox and koch media is not involved.
I know that.

EDIT: Your post was edited. I guess you originally quoted me by mistake.

Of course, but Marketing is very likely to be handled by them, that's the point.

I don't understand the doubts, looking at the previous pages the consensus was everything or nothing, seems like this game is too good to be ignored or something

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I was under the impression that the dominating opinion was to boycott all games THQ have any direct involvement with (so, not buying Atlus games in Europe for example, but buying SEGA games on PC, or Atlus games in the US is still fine). The OP even tries to separate physical from digital and indicates that some things are region specific.

As for this game, my rule still applies: Don't buy VtM2 physical in Europe. That's the one Koch have anything to do with.

Last edited: