• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
hasnt that dude been around for a lot of kamen rider stuff?

also seems each actor made their own henshin pose so that's neat.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
hasnt that dude been around for a lot of kamen rider stuff?

also seems each actor made their own henshin pose so that's neat.
The white guy's Tom Constantine, one of the tokusatsu network editors who's been around in the fandom forever. He's had some small roles in Rider/Sentai (and has maybe done some stunt acting for Power Rangers?) but this is his first credited role in Rider/Sentai.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For now, it's just a transformation in a flashback though, and the camera cuts before they even need to show any suits.

They're around in the present, and have been minor recurring characters, but we don't know when/if/how they'll actually get active roles and actually transform and fight.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I guess if Neon's father aka Time fire becomes a Rider.

He will be a cat theme too.
That is Time Fire?

I knew he look familiar, damn he hasn't aged. He got to get a suit now jsut for him to put his thrat all the way in "Henshin!"

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Geats not streaming anywhere in English is some bullshit.

Man, Toei leaving money on the table not licensing these things.

Dec 30, 2020
First on the official Japanese Kamen Rider series, but not THE first.

Previously, in the American adaptation of Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, we got Kamen Rider Camo:

FMcT2m3XIA0pYP7

Now that was in 2009, but there was also one before that too!

In 2004, there was the Kamen Rider 555 stage show, Kamen Rider 555 Stage: Ultimate Battle, Kamen Rider Super Decisive Battle.

In it, the man pictured here, identified character-wise only as "A Member of Smart-Brain" became Dark Rider!
latest
latest

But really glad it happened in the official series now!

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
My man literally just Smooth Criminal-ed his way into a henshin.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Kinda bummed Kamen Rider never took off in the US like Power Rangers did.

Saban didn't help things with their terrible Masked Rider adaptation. lol

Which reminds me, apparently Saban was gonna take a second shot with a "Power Rider" adaptation around ten years ago (maybe Fourze?) but nothing ever came of it besides a now defunct trademark.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
First on the official Japanese Kamen Rider series, but not THE first.

Previously, in the American adaptation of Kamen Rider Ryuki, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, we got Kamen Rider Camo:

FMcT2m3XIA0pYP7

Now that was in 2009, but there was also one before that too!

In 2004, there was the Kamen Rider 555 stage show, Kamen Rider 555 Stage: Ultimate Battle, Kamen Rider Super Decisive Battle.

In it, the man pictured here, identified character-wise only as "A Member of Smart-Brain" became Dark Rider!
latest
latest

But really glad it happened in the official series now!

Well...the stage show version counts to me. I didn't know that existed, so I guess we've been in there since 2004!

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
How was that recent "adult" Kamen Rider Black reboot, btw?
I thought Black Sun was generally excellent. It strikes a good balance of being serious/"cool" and embracing the campy concepts of people in rubber masks. The fanservice elements are an amazing slow burn. And the series goes surprisingly really fucking hard on social issues like race etc, the villains are pretty much Abe and the LDP. The fact that it's outside talent on the production rather than the usual suspects also lets it breathe with a strong production vibe, as opposed to clearly trying to punch above its weight and comfort zone as was the case with Amazons.

It's not perfect, some of the plot elements can be take it or leave it and there's a fair amount of gore that is debatable in its necessity, but I definitely think it's worth a watch, especially since it's so easy to if you have Prime.