• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you have FFVII or will this be your first time playing it

• First time playing it

Votes: 93 23.5%
  • Have it on another platform

Votes: 303 76.5%

• Total voters

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I have FFVII but I played it way late (I got it when it released on the PS4 back in 2015) and I liked it but I just couldn't fully get into it. However I played the demo at E3 and I loved it! The gameplay changes, the difficulty against Scoripon felt great and I am so in day 1!

I know what happens to you know who in the game because that's impossible not to be spoiled at this point but I am excited to play the game fully (or in parts I guess...)

Who else?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I played way late like you (a few years ago on Vita). I thought it held up surprisingly well, but part of it was definitely being able to play it on the go.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
First Final Fantasy, first time playing FF7. I know the only big twist in the story but that's it!

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit but never got far enough. Weirdly enough I finished Crisis Core several times and love that game to bits so I'm excited to go back to that world even if I know a few plot points.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
I have played through the original multiple times and bought the game so many times. Lol. I will have to play the original once more before this comes out.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I didn't play the game until the end of 2012. I absolutely loved it though. I actually played through it again, this time on switch, leading up to E3.

I'll actually probably be studying in Japan when the Remake comes out. I won't have my PS4 with me though so I'll have to wait.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I played some of IV and really dig it, but never finished it. Have VII bought on Steam but never touched it. I plan to play it before the remake arrives.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
It will be my first time playing it yep but I don't think I will buy it day one tho.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No.
Played it day 1 back then and I'm going to play the remake day 1. Full circle, baby!

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It'll technically be my 4th time buying the game (PS3, PS4, & PC). With each purchase I got further and further (furthest I got was the very beginning of the second continent) but always tapped out since it just got grating because of how dated the game is.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have it a goal to finally play through the game this winter before next March. I own it on PS1 and PS3 digital.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I have it on PS1 and PC

Planning to get the original again on PS4 in the future

Will get the remake when it's discounted or when it's "complete"

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
of course not...i played it on PC in 2000 (am a sega saturn advocate then)...

then played it again on PS1 later via PS1 classic

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
It'll be my first time playing FF VII yes.
Although I have played 10,12 and 15.

I'm only going to pick it up once all the parts are out so I look forward to playing this in the year 2032.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
One of my favourite games in the FF series, I played the hell out of the original PS1 version when it first came out, finished it 5 times.

FFVII was the first FF game I ever played and got me into the series.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I played through it once on PS3 back in... 2011? 2012? I'll probably replay the game on Switch or PS4 before the remake is out too.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Not my first time, played it on PS1, Vita, and Switch, with the Switch version being the only version I actually finished because of the built in cheats lol.
Remake will definitely be the first time I thoroughly enjoy it though.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
TECHNICALLY, yes; but i'd still answer no/"first time playing" on the poll. I'd played it 3-4 times in my life time, but in short ass bursts from either my brothers save file as a kid, or again on his save files for the PSP(teen years). Both times I didn't care to jump in all the way, and both times i stopped playing at around the bombing run(don't even know if where I stopped would be considered the bombing run honestly). I do know a bit about the story, and i've seen a lot of the crazy moments as a kid, since i'd watch my older brother play, so i've experienced some of the games major offerings to a certain extent, but i've never really "played" FF7 so to speak. Incredibly excited for this remake though, literally took an old game I thought had a cool world, and turned it into an ARPG(one of, if not my favorite genre/sub-genre), so i'll definitely be there day 1 for this shindig.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Lol no, I was 15 when the original came out, bought it day one (right after school) and put hundreds of hours into it. Since then I've played it about once every year or two on various platforms.

Edit: I'm laughing now because I remember buying Wild Arms for the FF7 demo and how I played that demo for over a month and didn't even touch Wild Arms...dozens of hours grinding and just messing with materia combos...

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yep.

Never played the original, don't think I have time to before the remake comes out.

Dr J

Oct 27, 2017
First timer here. Never had the chance to play FFVII when I was younger. I can't wait to play this game!

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I played it on my vita for the first time back in 2017. I thought it still held up and is one of my fav games of all time.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I have played it (once when it released and another time on PS4) and I'm happy to have that background going into the remake. It will make familiar scenes "pop" that much more

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it will be my first time playing FFVII. :) Excited to see what all the fuss is about. Unfortunately I roughly know what's going on in the story, but that was impossible to avoid until now, lol.