• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you have FFVII or will this be your first time playing it

• First time playing it

Votes: 93 23.5%
  • Have it on another platform

Votes: 303 76.5%

• Total voters

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Not at all.may be my third or fourth time. Even though I am critical about everything coming out I still do love the game and it's convulted expanded universe.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Will be my 3rd time.

BTW, is there an estimate on how long this part of the remake will be and approximately how much of the original game is covered? 1/3?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the original Final Fantasy VII when it came out and have played pretty much every release since than

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it will be my first experience with FFVII. FFXV is the only FF game I've played, though there are about 4 or 5 of them I want to play at some point.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Never really played VII, I put so much effort and time into VI as a kid and I never had a PlayStation at the time so it just passed me by. At this point I'm just gonna wait for the Remake to play it, I don't have the patience and time to play the original at this point.

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
I've watched FFVII:AC several times. Named a few of my most played characters in other RPGs "Cloud", before I even played FFVII. Played as him in Dissidia, Theatrhythm etc. Got the Strife outfit in FFXIV as glamour. Finally got a chance to play FFVII as a PSOne Classic on PS3, PSP/Vita. However, I never got far past the first boss. The game just wasn't able keep my interest. Haven't bought the HD remasters, but at this point I think I should just wait it out and play remake instead.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
First played in 1997. My brothers and I would go to the mom and pop video store where you could rent gaming systems, and we rented a PS1 for a few weekends in a row and played nothing but FFVII and RE1. It was awesome.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
It's going to be my third FF game after FF 13 and 13-2. Obviously, I know a lot about the story from spoilers given how popular is the original but I'm still really interested in playing the remake. I don't know if I'm going to play it Day One though, as I might want to wait for the PS5.

Nov 23, 2017
I beat Final Fantasy VII on every platform it came out on. Day one, I will be owning that First Class edition and playing this game.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Never played a FF game,I was considering this even though I'm not into JRPG's because of it's reputation.....but that voice acting in the new trailer....yea,I can't put up with that for 30hrs or more.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Played an beat it when i was like 9 yrs old when it first came out, then proceeded to beat it on almost every platform it rereleased on since then lol

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought it.

Again.

On PS4 this time. So that's like the 5th time i bought it. I had been thinking about a replay before the remake hits, and that trailer coupled with the current sale just tipped me over the edge. Goddamn it Square.

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Not the first time I play, but the first time I will finish. Every run I did I got stuck in some part. I hope I can finish it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, can't wait.

Even though I never played the game I always liked the characters visually. Also Advent Children was pretty cool, I really liked the fights.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure I'm buying this, but yes. I have the original UK PSX release, the JP PSX International release, and the old PC version that supports output to Yamaha XG midi.

Oct 29, 2017
Yup :)

I don't really enjoy turn based games (I did play the first half of FFX tho). Super excited to witness the stort and characters that people seem to love so much

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
i have a ps1/ps4/pc/switch copies of ff7 but didnt even launch a single one of them so yeah i think i have to at least start the game before the remake comes out

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Technically no, as I've played the first few hours on Vita. But assuming I don't bring myself to finish it before next March, this will be my first time running through the whole (first section) of the game.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I've never enjoyed turn based combat so I could never get into the series. My first FF game was FFXV, so that goes to show you. I am excited to experience this crazy game everyone raves about.

Deleted member 20433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I started my first playthrough on Switch a couple of weeks ago. I want to play through the original game first, but I've had some bad luck with bugs freezing my game a couple of times. If it happens again I'm not sure if I'll finish it. I want to though.

Scorch

Oct 28, 2017
California
I borrowed a friend's copy of FF7 for PS1 probably around 1999 or 2000, but didn't really get into it. I'm counting the PS4 release as my first play through, but I'm probably going to wait until they release the full game remake. I think I last read that it's being released in multiple parts (exact number TBD)?

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
No. I repeatedly played the demo disc from Tobal No. 1 and have the preorder Cloud shirt. I lived and breathed that shit for months after release.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
If I could somehow make this my first playthrough, I actually just might, it looks that good.

But no, I played it way back in the 90s and then again on almost every platform it's been released on since.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
First played on PlayStation, but beat it in like 2009 on my PSP. I lost interest in the game as a kid since I barely understood the gameplay. Interest was rekindled when Advent Children came out, so I watched that, then played Crisis Core, then beat FFVII. Yeah, really stupid order there haha

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'd been holding off for years to play a remake one day, but when they revealed how different it was going to be I just played the original game.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Yeah it'll probably be the first FF game I've ever played, although I have to admit, it sucks that I've been spoiled just by reading FF VII related threads but oh well

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Played the original a few years back, way, way back.
Not a big fan of FFVII, but I'm so freaking hyped for the Remake.
It is a very weird feeling.

SlickMajestic

Feb 13, 2019
Lorn VI, Necron
Nope. I eagerly awaited FF7 back in 1997. At the time I was a freshman in high school and clearly remember having conversations with non-traditional video game players, who at the time (keep in mind, you were a "loser" on average for playing video games back then) were starting to take notice the game. It was the first RPG to really win over the eyes of non-traditional RPG fans, and I remember thinking that even back in 1997. Strange as it is to look back on them now, the graphics and animated cutscenes were that impressive.

Moreover, I was a large 1994-2000 AOL Chatroom Roleplay person. I actually ran a 40 member guild called Shinra back in 1997 on AOL. My friends and I were well ahead of the pack in anticipation of FF7's release, and had already reserved the AOL screen names Turk Reno, Turk Rude, Rufus Shinra, and a few others. It was great when the massive popularity wave hit the scene after the games US release, as we could wield those those coveted screen names in the AOL RP Scene with great arrogance (albeit mediocre roleplaying, in hindsight). I was pretty heavy into that stuff back then. Even better when we'd invade the headquarters (private chatroom) of our closets rivals; those with the names Rufus FF7, Rude FF7, Shinra FF7, Tseng FF7, Elena FF7, etc. Great times.

It was also in 1997 when Tifa Lockhart also became one of my premiere girlfriends. And still is today, though nowadays she has a lot of meaty competition. Alas, I hear she wasn't wholly faithful to little ole me, and that she frequently got around.