• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta remember the "it's Twitter bro" cop out the next 100 times ERA gets in a tiff over something someone tweeted they didn't like.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Video removed, didn't know this guy is a scumbag.

Last edited:

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
twitter is mostly fun and games, don't take it too personally. it's nbd

if he was hurling insults at you then yeah, but blocking? don't stress about it

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah because blocking someone is like being racist or a criminal on Twitter

TOTALLY

THE

SAME

Right, because every time there is a huge blowup on ERA about what someone says on Twitter it's because they were being a racist or criminal...lol.

Nice try, but most of the time it's just someone people around here hate saying something they don't like.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't use twitter like that, and even if I did this wouldn't be a breaking point to stop buying P* games.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019

And his header...

lEOeRML.jpg

Some tag OP as a 'Brainless Insect'

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I asked him about his creative process and he blocked me just because it was in English lol.

I don't take it seriously like many other things in life

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
Reading this thread it hit me that I hadn't seen anything from Kamiya in months. Lo and behold I'm blocked too! Don't even know what I did lol

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Right, because every time there is a huge blowup on ERA about what someone says on Twitter it's because they were being a racist or criminal...lol.

Nice try, but most of the time it's just someone people around here hate saying something they don't like.

Saying something on Twitter doesn't mean you aren't accountable to it. Much like this forum, it isn't a special zone where you can say anything you like without expecting backlash.

Pretty obvious stuff, right? So what are these "it's twitter, bro" responses saying, then?

Probably that losing your ability to conveniently follow someone's tweets isn't a big deal, blocking someone is rarely a deeply personal act, and you shouldn't invest too much into the parasocial relationships you have with people on your Twitter timeline.

In other words, "It's twitter, bro" is a pretty apt response here, specifically. It makes zero sense as a response to someone being called out for saying something dumb, although "you people just don't like what they said!!!" isn't much better.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

There would be a difference if Kamiya was a raging asshole actively propogating hurtful ideology on Twitter.

In this case, it's "just Twitter" because being blocked by a person you bought a game of is a total non issue.

But sure, totally the same thing, got em breh lmao.

Also:

Blocked

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
There would be a difference if Kamiya was a raging asshole actively propogating hurtful ideology on Twitter.

In this case, it's "just Twitter" because being blocked by a person you bought a game of is a total non issue.

But sure, totally the same thing, got em breh lmao.

Also:

Blocked

making the same point I made in a dramatically more succinct way?

don't like being reminded I'm bad at brevity, blocked

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Can we please make a distinction here?

I don't think creators are obligated to indulge fans by interacting with them/being friends with them/noticing them/acknowledging them/etc.

As stated earlier, I just think there's a difference between opting to not participate in any of that vs going through the delibirate action of blocking users.

I get that they're just thousands of screennames on the screen, but they're still individual users and fans on the other side.
I dunno, but you seem to think there's much in the way of effort or thought involved when he blocks someone. There isn't. He just sees something that doesn't follow his established rules, clicks a button, and moves on.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
For you, the day Kamiya blocked your twitter was the most important day of your life. But for Kamiya, it was Tuesday.

Come on OP, Kamiya just randomly blocked people, and he's not targetting you specifically

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I refuse to believe that OP hasn't been having a laugh at our expense

There's no way you can seriously be acting like getting blocked by Kamiya was some personal thing. Like it's his personal Twitter account he can block anyone he wants.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Don't like the dudes games, but he is amazing on twitter.

ps. Is this a joke thread? Are people seriously taking it personally.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
OP you're reacting the wrong way; this shouldn't have anything to do with whether you continue to buy his games

what you should do is BLOCK HIM BACK that'll learn him

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been blocked, and while it bothers me I can't see his tweets while signed in, I can't really care either. It's his account and he can do whatever he wants. The guy seems very different on any other platform and in real life. It's just Twitter being Twitter and him reacting to that. Don't take it so personal.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure his whole twitter shtick is a meme/joke troll. 8-4 have discussed it on their pod a few times and its a total bit he does for fun, he's entirely different irl. Imo it's hilarious haha

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Another example of holding double standards when it comes to someone whose work people like.

Imagine any non-Japanese dev tweeting something like this. You think we'd get a bunch of handwaving and "it's only his twitter".

Not that I particularly care what he does with his Twitter, just the hypocrisy of people here.

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Did you know that Kamiya dislikes it when someone outright tells him to get blocked on Twitter because he would like to at least feel sorry for the person he's blocking?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made him block me on twitter because i like his games so much. Part of the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.