• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not blocked by him, but I dislike his games and his personality enough that I'm already not buying them.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

And his header...

lEOeRML.jpg

Hahaha this is so inappropriate but at the same time so amusing.

The guys speaks like Prince Vegeta.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
tbh the whole thread is very interesting.

Most users here are obviously ready to seperate the product from the developer.
But on the other hand the opinions from the Kingdom Come Deliverance developer could not be seperated from the product.

So if a developer is just an asshole to everyone it's okay - the product is still good. But if he has political opinions which are at least controversial it's not okay? That's the line crossed?

Obviously personal choice and everyone sets the "not further" sign at another position.

I'm pretty simple to this things: I don't care for the developer, I care for the product. If the game is good, I play it.
Kamiya isn't being an asshole, he has clearly defined rules about what he doesn't want to be tagged in or asked on twitter, and blocks anyone who breaks them.

It's not like he is going out of his way to be an asshole to someone on their status, or even in his own tweets., you have to message him to be blocked.

Someones shitty political opinions being posted out into twitter are completely valid to dislike someone and something they've created.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Kamiya is great and I totally get why he blocks people on twitter especially people that bombard him with english questions. Half the time it's 4chan trolls trying to get him to say something bad/wrong in english so they can use it as him being a bad guy. Using his twitter defense mechanism as reasoning to not buy his games is absurd.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
"Being blocked on twitter is as bad as a person being racist" is not a take i was expecting to see today

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Kamiya isn't being an asshole, he has clearly defined rules about what he doesn't want to be tagged in or asked on twitter, and blocks anyone who breaks them.

It's not like he is going out of his way to be an asshole to someone on their status, or even in his own tweets., you have to message him to be blocked.

Someones shitty political opinions being posted out into twitter are completely valid to dislike someone and something they've created.
His header appropriately mentions 1 of the rules but he doesn't have all the rules listed there. At the minimum he should at least add the one about don't repeat a question someone ask and that you can look for those questions.

Until he fixes that I'm not 100% on board with his attitude. Platinum will get new fans who will miss old tweets with the rules list and he should give them a fair chance to know what those rules are.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
tbh the whole thread is very interesting.

Most users here are obviously ready to seperate the product from the developer.
But on the other hand the opinions from the Kingdom Come Deliverance developer could not be seperated from the product.

So if a developer is just an asshole to everyone it's okay - the product is still good. But if he has political opinions which are at least controversial it's not okay? That's the line crossed?

Obviously personal choice and everyone sets the "not further" sign at another position.

I'm pretty simple to this things: I don't care for the developer, I care for the product. If the game is good, I play it.

'political opinions' sure is a nice way to say 'racist'

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
His header appropriately mentions 1 of the rules but he doesn't have all the rules listed there. At the minimum he should at least add the one about don't repeat a question someone ask and that you can look for those questions.

Until he fixes that I'm not 100% on board with his attitude. Platinum will get new fans who will miss old tweets with the rules list and he should give them a fair chance to know what those rules are.
It's his twitter account, he can block people for whatever reason he wants. Beyond that his pinned post has his rule tweet quoted that says no repeat questions.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
He has every right to block people on Twitter; shouldn't affect your decision to support his work

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Amanda Winn Lee (Yukiko's voice actress from Persona 4) has me blocked on Twitter for some reason despite me never talking with her.

I'm not gonna trash one of my favorite games of all time just because someone blocked me, though I do like Yukiko a little less now lmao

He hasn't put out a decent game in a decade though, so it's easy to not give him any business.
This comment is worse than any of his tweets.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm just amazed he remembers questions he was asked about years and years ago, and then he links to a chain of links to links until he gets to the original question lol.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he's very rude it seems like, even if he is playing a character or whatever.
But it won't stop me buying platinum games.

Kirikocho

Dec 30, 2018
Would I get blocked if I tweet him in Spanish? Pretty curious about it, maybe I should try but don't think Kamiya can tell it's another language

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
He blocked me for saying something nice to him and his team but I guess he took offense or something annoying lol

Getting upset about social media is just not worth the hassle OP. I still love his games even though he did what he did in reaction to my appreciation and it frankly doesn't matter.

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with foreign language posts?

Is he slightly xenophobic or am I missing context? (Serious question, I actually do not know)

Oct 28, 2017
Got blocked by him, friend asked him to unblock me, and he did. This was before the Great English Ban though.

Is he slightly xenophobic or am I missing context? (Serious question, I actually do not know)

He's sick of answering the same questions day in, day out. He just got sick of it and doesn't want anyone asking him shit in English now since that's the language he gets the majority of his shit from.

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was blocked by him, but then I had a friend ask him to unblock me and he actually did it.... I don't think there's anything personal about being blocked by him

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya cant' block me. I already blocked him!

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Bill Trinen blocks me on Twitter and I have no clue why because I've never interacted with him in any capacity. I've banned all Nintendo products because of this!

Just kidding. But I am blocked, lol.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Would you like to get a shit tons of questions in a language you cannot understandor barely can understand? People who pester japanese devs with post in english when those devs can't understand it are the racist ones.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm happy to say being blocked by a developer(or anyone else)on social media isn't something I'll ever have to concern myself with.....one less thing to worry about I guess,lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just amazed he remembers questions he was asked about years and years ago, and then he links to a chain of links to links until he gets to the original question lol.
It's the most hilarious part, too. "See that question someone posted 5 years ago?! Yeah?! Get blocked, insect!"

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya could call me a hamburger stuffed cromagnon on Twitter and I'd still buy Bayonetta 3. It's just Twitter.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i actually unfollowed him cause he only tweets in japanese these days, therefore i dont understand shit. i was never blocked though :)

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Would you like to get a shit tons of questions in a language you cannot understandor barely can understand? People who pester japanese devs with post in english when those devs can't understand it are the racist ones.
Kamiya seems to have a clear grasp of the English language at least in written form. He can and does block people that do this which is his prerogative. I think it's kind of a stretch to call someone who tweets at him in English a racist.

If he makes a good game, I'll buy it. Don't really care about his Twitter persona as long as he stays within the realm of good taste, i.e. not being a racist, sexist or other piece of shit. So far he's fine.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Kamiya makes me think of an old disgruntled and pissed off artist on twitter who hates everything and it's the funniest thing. I'm not even a super big fan of his games and I'm still amused

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why the heck a twitter block of all things would stop me from playing a good game lmao
Sounds kinda petty tbh

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm not familiar with his Twitter content. But I would only question his work if he voices views that are harmful or hurtful. If all he is doing is limiting the scope of people who @ him, then I think that's probably a healthy thing to do when you are a well known individual who is not trying to get notoriety on social media and instead wants to use it to exchange opinions with friends like most of us unknowns do.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If I was in any way popular, enough to have even a few random @mentions daily on Twitter, I honestly would never even look at them cause there is too many trash people out there. Kamiya has the right idea.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
There's nothing personal about public figures blocking you on Twitter. The imbalance between number of fans and the one person on the receiving end is enormous, and whatever the public figure needs to do to make the volumeof comments less brain-melting is likely to be ok. These blocks are a purely defensive action wrapped in a grumpy schtick.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
I mean, I've spent a few hundred on Kingdom Come Deliverance despite creator bullshit so no I can't see a Twitter thing even registering on my scale

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread closed per OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.