• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$59.99 is hilarious. The game came out six years ago for fucks sake.

And? This hasn't affected the majority of Switch ports and it's certainly not going to affect Diablo 3. This is the first Blizzard game on a Nintendo platform since the N64 (not counting something like the GBA port of The Lost Vikings, which released before Blizzard was, well, Blizzard). And it's portable Diablo. It's going to be a very successful version of the game. If it didn't include both expansions, $60 might be too much, but it does, so it'll do very well.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Console version is the best version of D3, says my carpal tunnel syndrome. Probably won't triple dip for Switch because handheld hurts my hands.

Wish they would add controller support to PC for D4!

Also if they can charge 60 for Skyrim, they can certainly charge 60 for D3.

Absolutely! Playing that game with a mouse makes my hand hurt for whatever reason and I have much fewer issues with a controller so I play on PS4

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Quite a reach but combining this with the mysterious "Nintendo Switch event" placeholders Amazon UK had up for a while certainly paints an imterestiin picture

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. I love what I played of it on PC, and couch co-op with a bit of Zelda content sounds great.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised it's still $60. It's a hugely popular Blizzard game on a portable platform, this game will sell boatloads at full price regardless of whether or not it's "fair."

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Cool news for those that have not played it!

Love this game, probably won't get it on the switch. Already beat it with 3 characters + a permadeath character

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Full price... Yeah, that's a yikes from me chief.

$60 is vey high for an older game. I guess they will get away with it though.

$59.99 is hilarious. The game came out six years ago for fucks sake.

Been discussed many times already I'm sure

But $60 for a six year old game is inexcusable

Pretends to be shocked.

60 bucks? haha

no

You're being ridiculous. It's not like the same version of the game for other platforms is somehow down to bargain bin prices. The PS4/XB1 version of the Eternal Collection is $40, so $20 for porting/licensing, I guess.

Anyway, finally this is coming. No longer need to get Victor Vran then.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm guessing this was supposed to be revealed at Gamescom. Still great news.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Definitely gonna be getting this if it runs well. I've never played the game so everything will be new to me.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, I'm buying Diablo 3 for the 3rd time, haha.

First on PC (just the base game), then on PS4 (wanted controller support and the expansion), and now on Switch (for the portability, expansion, AND necromancer expansion).

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good friend of mine will be all over this, personally don't really care that much. But great that they're supporting the Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad it's coming to Switch but I've played enough of it elsewhere that I'm not going to pay 60 to play it again. I'll wait for a sale on it at some point.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been discussed many times already I'm sure

But $60 for a six year old game is inexcusable

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't get into Diablo III when it launched on PC...

BUT DAT GANON BARBARION THO

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's not my jush but good for the people who want portable diablo, also more third party switch support is always good news.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Big question for me is if it has cross-play. I have friends with Diablo on Xbox and would jump in for that.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to lie...I thought Diablo was already announced for Switch a while ago lol

Must have woke up in a different universe or something.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wanted 1+2 collection but I will take it

"exclusive content" kinda made me think of a little bit more than a pet an an armor tho =P

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It's funny how Ganon of all people will be saving the world...

Also price is somewhat justified for those that didn't pick up the Necromancer DLC on other platforms. Like me.

Hopefully it's cross compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.