• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that 60 dollars seems steep for a 2012 game, but this 'math'-argument for that seems bad and hyperbolic, and ironically, almost in favor. You could easily "reason" the 5 dollar delta for being the work needed to port the thing and/or Zelda stuff. Are you saying $54.97 would be a reasonable price? If so that's a lot of heat over 5 dollars.

My take is that 60 dollars seems like a lot but I wouldn't break down raw component prices to make the argument.
How are you guys seriously missing the entire point of that post? lol

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah that's a no from me at that price. I mean, I guess it's a good option for others who might have passed on PC and console thus far but at that full retail price they really need to offer some additional stuff. Necro and the expansion really aren't enough imo to warrant a full price like that.

All that said, I was very impressed how well it played on Xbox so I'm sure it'll be a nice game for folks on Switch.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not in for that price but the first time there's a sale i'd definitely pick this up.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Do the other console versions have cross progression with PC? I have quite the extensive character list on PC, I'm curious if I'd be able to use them or if I have to start over.

I'm guessing no, due to concerns about hacking or something dumb.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao 60 bucks. Yeah, I don't think it's gonna do too well.

Hahaha
I agree that 60 dollars seems steep for a 2012 game, but this 'math'-argument for that seems bad and hyperbolic, and ironically, almost in favor. You could easily "reason" the 5 dollar delta for being the work needed to port the thing and/or Zelda stuff. Are you saying $54.97 would be a reasonable price? If so that's a lot of heat over 5 dollars.

My take is that 60 dollars seems like a lot but I wouldn't break down raw component prices to make the argument.

Dude..

Yes because it's absolutely never been available for half that price. Never...

And Diablo 3 on Switch will remain at $60....forever.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Nice get for Switch, and bonus for those of us who haven't played it before. I haven't played any of the games in the series, truth be told.

How does the game scale for weaker PC rigs? I'm curious what kind of IQ and frame rate we can expect, especially in portable mode.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I think people forget this is a 2012 game, shows that Blizzard games have strong staying power. Imagine if any other dev tried to sell a 6 year old game for $60.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
You watch, this is one of the games that they will tout as a reason to dip into the Online service.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Easily the most tempting double dip so far. I hope it doesn't look too downgraded but my hopes aren't high.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I literally said to my gf last week how I'd love to see Diablo 3 on Switch. I can't wait to run through this game for the 10th time.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Yeah that's pretty big, like Bethesda before them. These are definitely the kind of games that unsuccessful (and even successful ones like the Wii) consoles like the GameCube and the Wii U never had a chance of getting.

Bodes well for the future too.

Porting half a decade old games doesn't suddenly mean they'll release their latest and greatest, especially on console that lacks the hardware to support said latest and greatest games.

I could be wrong.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Price gouging aside, mobile Diablo 3 is gonna be a treat. After hundreds of hours in this game and double-dipping for the PS4 version, I think it'll be a great fit.
Now the question is, do you need 2 joycons (1 set) per player for local coop, or will they find some way to make it playable on a single joycon without losing functionality? That would be amazing.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
game is certified perfect for Switch™

full price is meh but it's gonna be hard to ignore a portable version of this

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice at $40, but even at $60, I'm in. Diablo III on the go sounds peeeerrrrrrrrrffffeeeeeeccccttttt.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
I never played it... So I wouldn't mind playing full price if the game is worth it.

I heard there was a launch fiasco with some auction system breaking the game to milk microtransactions or something, but that after it was fixed thing were a lot better.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
And it will eventually be on sale on Switch as well. Just not at launch. It'll be after the game launches when it will be discounted. That's what happens all the time really.
If you don't mind paying £40 for a game other people paid £15 for years ago I don't know what to say. Good on the devs for taking advantage though.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah that's a no from me at that price. I mean, I guess it's a good option for others who might have passed on PC and console thus far but at that full retail price they really need to offer some additional stuff. Necro and the expansion really aren't enough imo to warrant a full price like that.

All that said, I was very impressed how well it played on Xbox so I'm sure it'll be a nice game for folks on Switch.
Diablo III coming to Switch in 2018 with exclusive content

Hmmm

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who really only played the first release for around a week or two, I'm tempted to pick this up. It's weird to me how I keep rebuying older games for the Switch just for their portability. Just bought Okami HD for it last night even though I have it for the PS3 already.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Porting half a decade old games doesn't suddenly mean they'll release their latest and greatest, especially on console that lacks the hardware to support said latest and greatest games.

I could be wrong.

Indeed.

I believe in what I posted however. In my opinion this is good news.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually assumed the outrage was based on the other versions' MSRP being $40 or lower, but that's not the case. The game is still $60. Retailers put the game on sale regularly, but if you want to buy this on PSN right now, for example, it's $60. So yeah, not seeing the issue at all, other than being annoyed Diablo 3 in general is still this expensive.

Not everyone wants to pay overpriced switch taxes.

Not a Switch tax

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA00242_00-D3ETERNALCOLL000

You could make the case for Diablo 3 being too expensive in general, though.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
The game is $60 because they expect the game to sell well even at that price point. It is the same as when WiiU ports come to the switch at full $60 and still sell well. Era this shit ain't rocket science.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
The Nintendo Switch version of the game can be played in several different ways, including docked or on-the-go.

• Up to 4 players can play together on a single Switch.

• Up to 4 players can play on 4 different Switch units wirelessly without an internet connection.

• Players can also team up online with the Nintendo Switch Online service (which launches in September.)
There will be cloud saving support for the game as well.

This sounds really good! This best thing about this: You can have a mini LAN Party setup with this as well, and even play Switch in docked moded hooked up to PC Monitors for example (or TV's). Pretty easy set up to get going.

BIG announcement (EDIT: "Leak" rather!)

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you don't mind paying £40 for a game other people paid £15 for years ago I don't know what to say. Good on the devs for taking advantage though.
Why would someone mind? Lol

Did you see the thread where ppl were buying ps4's and Xbox ones at target for $100. Do you mind buying one now at full price? But others got them for a fraction of the price! Lol c'mon

Status
Not open for further replies.