• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
One of the poorest neighborhoods with a bunch of mom and pop stores are getting looted by their own people...if you from NYC you know this is a special kind of fuck up. This shit is straight up unforgivable.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
Thats messed up, and the fucked up part is this is where the police are actually supposed to make a difference..you know if they weren't fascist pigs.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Most of these shops were already hurting from the pandemic. I don't think they'll be able to weather this as well.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Of course they pick on the store fronts on fordham cause no one gives a fuck about em.

Assholes are pushing these businesses away and doing more hurt to the community.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this ain't it. Just opportunist

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Truly sad. These rioters are literally killing the businesses of the people they're trying to protect and uphold.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
"In defense of looting"...but seriously this is terrible. These poor shop owners will probably never recover.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
absolute lowest form of scum who are using the rightful anger and escalated tensions to go do heinous shit. same thing happened here on Chicago's northside in the largely mexican immigrant neighborhood of Albany Park, some small business jeweler had his place completely jacked. idgaf about a foot locker or whatever but somebody is just gonna torch some hardworking man's entire livelihood? it's fucked up.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Protect your own. Stop fucking up the mom & pop small businesses & minority owned business. Most our time yesterday was spent fending off what seemed to be out of town looters and opportunistic fucks that didn't give two fucks about anything else.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
this sucks but what do you expect when neo nazis, opportunists, and undercover cops are in the crowd instigating these things to paint protesters in a negative light?

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
This is 100% opportunistic bullshit and it's happening all over. This isn't about Target and Walmart, they'll be fine.

Even here in Chicago small businesses and mom and pop shops got looted and vandalized left and right. A local comic shop was broken into and looted for fucks sake. The Mexican community in Cicero/Berwyn is getting fucked right now and its honestly heartbreaking and sad. It's people's livelihoods, and if Corona didn't shatter it these looters are. There's no way on Earth anyone can come here defending this shit and if you do your either blinded by your own hate or your too far detached from what's actually happening to have a proper grasp.

These looters are taking a just cause and turning everyone against it, either by design or just a side-effect.

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. It's why I just can't get onboard looting even if the anger is justified. Even if history has shown peaceful movements don't get noticed and are often ignored.

Too many opportunists using it as an excuse to fuck shit up creep in

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm really hoping most of these places have insurance.
These places were hanging on by threads in the first place thanks to corona, you think insurance is gonna help these small local shops? Nah most of them are done.

this sucks but what do you expect when neo nazis, opportunists, and undercover cops are in the crowd instigating these things to paint protesters in a negative light?
Neo nazis ain't going into the Bronx to loot.

It be your own people.

OP
OP
Noctis

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I would love to believe if folks tried to loot uptown bodegas, the locals would beat these people on sight. Currently, it's extremely quiet and no protests in the heights.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
These places were hanging on by threads in the first place thanks to corona, you think insurance is gonna help these small local shops? Nah most of them are done.

Even if many of the stores themselves don't come back, it could mean the owners don't leave in poverty and bankruptcy.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this is a bunch of bullshit and is helping no one If you've ever seen this area and the stores in question, this is disgusting.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Fuck every one of the looters. As if the pandemic didn't do enough damage to small businesses.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I lived there for a few years. That's hard to see. Many hard working minority people are having their livelihoods destroyed :-(

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really hoping most of these places have insurance.

Unfortunately insurance usually won't be enough to fix this situation for most small businesses. It's the big corporations that can afford lofty insurance plans that can make the shop whole again. Insurance companies will fight tooth and nail to find any loop hole to screw you over, and some insurers don't cover rioting in their plan. Given that most small minority-owned businesses probably don't have a high end lawyer to vet their insurance, it's a dire situation for these folks :(.

It's an immensely sad state of affairs here and across the country, I understand why the rioting and looting is happening but when it happens to small businesses who have nothing to do with it, my heart crumbles.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Same with some of the small businesses here in MPLS that were trashed and destroyed. I know some have raised money with gofundme and some will end up being fine and rebuilding...but I know a few that just are definitely not going to come back.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
but this thread is about fordham..

i feel bad for those mom and pop places man :/
this thread is about fordham but this is happening all over the country rite now at this very moment. as a poster above said this is happening in berwyn/cicero which are mexican neighborhoods one of which i live in myself rite down the street from the main street where everything is happening so i know very well how it feels but this is the reality of whats happening rite now.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This looting is out of fuckimg control. It's not about protesting these are people who an opportunity to steal. They've become the main focus of the protest and gave trump a reason to bring in the military.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
This looting is out of fuckimg control. It's not about protesting these are people who an opportunity to steal. They've become the main focus of the protest and gave trump a reason to bring in the military.

Let's not kid ourselves. Trump and his ilk would have invented a reason regardless. I'm just sad its Fordham, since that area has always struggled.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'll say it over and over again - Looting is but another symptom of the disease at large. I live here, not even 10 minutes from Fordham, and I can't blame anybody but the federal government's response (or lack thereof) to everything leading up to this point. Here in NYC we're past the point of no return, and at the bare minimum some real change needs to come out of all this upheaval and momentum.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Let's not kid ourselves. Trump and his ilk would have invented a reason regardless. I'm just sad its Fordham, since that area has always struggled.
Maybe, but they gave him all the ammunition he needed. It's one thing to loot a target (which I dont agree with), it's another thing to loot and burn down minority owned businesses. A lot of these businesses arent working with so much money that they will be able to come back. A lot were already struggling financially with covid. This is exactly how you get masses to turn away from your cause and turn a blind eye to atrocities.