• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
WTF!? Who the hell are these guys!? Is this even real!?

And if it is real, why should I believe that it's a full remake? From their wording, they consider the previous ports to be "remakes", so this sounds more like a remaster/port.

And even then, why should I believe that this is gonna be any good? The lowkey nature of this announcement has me very concerned... not to mention that it's being made by a group of nobodies (who seem to have only ever worked on mobile trash).

I ain't getting excited by any of this. I'd rather see it handled by M2 as part of SEGA AGES... This is gonna be a colossal fuck up, I can just feel it...

And I LOVE the Panzer Dragoon games. This wont end well, I can feel it :(

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested in this. Hope it still retains the same feel, just with prettier visuals.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Nice; I played a bit of the original after unlocking it in Orta. Could you unlock Zwei in that one, too? Hoping the whole series, including Saga, comes to PC one day. I know they lost the source code for Saga but I don't think they had all of the source code for Shenmue, either, and still managed to re-release that.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
so all the panzer dragoons will be playable on modern platforms, except the best one :/

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I always wanted to experience these games. Even a port would suffice. But a remake?

Nice.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
This is the only way we'll get a modern release of Saga. I'm a little wary as to the resulting quality of these titles. Panzer Dragoon is a series that's near and dear to me, and I would like to see it handled with care.

I don't expect that to happen though.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
WOWOWOWOWOW

This news got me shook...never thought we'd see anything new for PD again. Hopefully this results in a an eventual PD Saga remake/rerelease.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Panzer Dragoon Saga is the game that I always wanted to play though and I would love if that gets a remake (on Switch).

Hell, go even further than that and remake Skies of Arcadia as well!

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Rail shooters are due for a comeback!

Seems like that SEGA Top 10 list is being looked at closely by SEGA since we've got Shenmue, Streets of Rage and now Panzer Dragoon revivals and next should be Jet Set Radio and/or Skies of Arcadia going by that top 10 most requested SEGA revivals list!

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
More info :3
panzer.png

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm even more intrigued by this having played Orta (and the bonus low-res port of PD1) enhanced on Xbox One this year. Both still held up very well in gameplay, thanks in part to their original simplicity. The sound/music/art design still feel as alien as ever.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
"Completely new graphics and modifications"? Hopefully they don't change any of the music. Please be good!

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Pretty much how I feel.
giphy.gif

It's somehow even crazier than Streets of Rage 4 to me. SoR felt like something Sega have been wanting to give another chance but PD?
Absolutely no chance in hell I'd think till a few minutes ago, especially the Saturn games. Orta getting a port I thought was more likely than this.

And as far as Saga goes, it just needs a chance. I'll take it any way they can give it; that game didn't get a fair shake at all and god does it need it. Remake, Remaster, whatever just anything I'll take it.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait what? Also, wouldn't it make more sense to remake Saga? Or would that be too big of an undertaking?

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
"The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!"

Hmmm this bit scares me. Just give me an option to play the games as they were at 60fps and I'll be fine

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

This is incredible. Never would I have believed that we a) get Orta backwards compatible (and fixed in Europe for 360 users) and b) full remakes of Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei. Today is the best day!! Now please be good remakes.

I will blast this the entire day:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally. Now do whatever you need to do to give us Saga. Extract shit from the original discs, whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing!

This should make a remake of PD Saga possible since they can reuse the assets made for these. Loved these Saturn classics and 100% support them getting re released

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Well this is the most understated announcement they could have done, especially in the face of two events recent that would have likely loved to have them.