• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
While people are arguing about their plastic box of choice and what's important between SSD speed or TFLOPS, Shuhei Yoshida and Phil Spencer are discussing on Twitter, reminding everyone that the safety of everyone is more important than console warring.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That moment in the Game Awards a couple of years back without Shaun, Phil and Reggie was nice. It's easy to forget but people in the industry often get along with each other and learn from each other, even if they are competitors.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While people are arguing about their plastic box of choice and what's important between SSD speed or TFLOPS, Shuhei Yoshida and Phil Spencer are discussing on Twitter, reminding everyone that the safety of everyone is more important than console warring.

They did this a lot in the past. That's nothing new. The respect each other :)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That moment in the Game Awards a couple of years back without Shaun, Phil and Reggie was nice. It's easy to forget but people in the industry often get along with each other and learn from each other, even if they are competitors.

I wish everyone can just remember how nice that was and stop with the embarrassing corporate fanboy wars. Games are fun, and it's great that there are so many successful players out there who are able to make the content we enjoy.

-Raven-

Jun 26, 2018
giphy.gif

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Shu is just a fan of video games all around, there is plenty of him being at Nintendo events so it's not like he stuck to only praising one system

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
SONY ADMITS DEFEAT. XBOX BEATS OVERHEAT 5! WORST DISASTER SINCE PS3. SONO TO GO BANKRUPT ANY DAY NOW FOR MS TO PURCHASE.

/s, in case I really need it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, they are acting like normal adults... unlike a lot of gamers. This shouldn't even be news but gaming culture...

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Despite people thinking that the big 3 hate each other, they get along quite well. Sorta like the theme park rivalry between Universal and Disney even though they have monthly meetings together to discuss the current state of the industry.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Strong hardware, strong first party and strong leadership that focuses on the consumer is what we should want for all platforms.

Everybody who plays games benefits from a healthy and competitive industry.

Shuhei and Phil both understand that.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

The sports analogy works again here, the players pal around, shake hands, freely move between teams by choice or necessity, and even party together in their off hours, while the fans beat each other up in bars, scream slurs from the stands, trash one another online, and slash your tires if you're in the wrong neighborhood.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Finally game pass here! Now I can think about getting a series x if the price is right!

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
It's crazy how we're praising adults acting like adults because here we have adults acting like children arguing over whose plastic box is better.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Amazing to see these folks leading multi billion dollar companies having better things to do than feed into petty console warz crap.

Gamers should take note of this. I mean I know they won't and the next console thread following this will just be an embarrassing Kindergarten like all previous ones, but hey one can at least hope, eh?

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
Phil has always gone out of his way to be gracious and cordial to Sony and Nintendo. Nice to see Shu doing likewise.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Uhh do they not know we are in a console release year?! I don't know about you guys but Xbox & PlayStation figure heads exchanging pleasantries on Twitter really irks me to my core, we are in a console war & these guys wanna act buddy buddy? I hate it.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, sure? Those are professionals, not some people still stuck in their 13yo "MY BRAND GOOD YOUR BRAND BAD" mindset, that seems rather prevalent in gaming circles, including this board.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of mutual respect from two people who are passionate in what they do.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
I always say this. Competition is good! With each other these companies would be writing on their own rules and give little about the consumer. Xbox 360 put pressure on Sony and PS4 put pressure on MS.

Nintendo dun give no f's.