• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
This is rough. Can't even afford to a place because her wage was so low. This is also from several years ago. Tried search but couldn't find anything.

EDIT: Here's the reddit link referred to in the tweet and a quote from jaffaro on the minimum wage.

Just for context, the minimum wage in Poland in 2014 was about 300$.

Edit. wrong exchange rate. It was less than 400$.
I'm speaking about net salary, I assume she does too, otherwise she would earn even less that that. That depends on the type of employment you signed.
Not defending CDProjekt here, but wages in general are absolute shit in that country. It is no surprise that a lot of young people are looking for work outside Poland.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, could this company look any worse?

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the upper management at this company are scum. There's not even a debate at this point.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
ready for the greatest hits of "Why didn't she quit and find another job?" and "She has Witcher 3 on her resume now, she should be grateful"

Absolutely fucking disgusting company CDPR is slowly unraveling to be. Don't give them your money. If you absolutely must play CP - buy it used.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Always praise for being consumer friendly over the back of their own workers sjeez.

They make it harder and harder for me justifying to buy this game. Its like the game i always dreamt of being a child. But crunch, transphobia, treating your workers like shit. Nah man, this is shit.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
$430, Holy shit....that is dire.
So some context would be great, was she part time?

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf a friend in a small polish village makes way more than this ...

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
The company's owner is worth about a billion dollars. The company has about half a billion a year in revenue. All that money should be in the hands of the workers that produced these games.

jaffaro

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Just for context, the minimum wage in Poland in 2014 was about 300$.

Edit. wrong exchange rate. It was less than 400$.
I'm speaking about net salary, I assume she does too, otherwise she would earn even less that that. That depends on the type of employment you signed.

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I've said they were badly paid even by Polish standards before on here cus I've seen it before on Twitter from different devs and had so many posters come and tell me how wrong I was and they get paid a great wage compared to others in Poland 🙄

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf that's lower than I get from unemployment every two weeks...

Damn does CDPR fucking suuuuuck

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
Man that's rough for the developers. For a company making a point of being consumer friendly, I honestly hoped they'd treat their staff better than this.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cd projekt it completely rubbish

Cyberpunk was the first and will be the last game that I will ever buy with them attached

Quirah

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to economy and exchange difference I guess?
Poland = PLN, it's not same compare it with USD wages.

I don't live in Poland and I don't know about their minimum wage tho.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
In Warsaw the average monthly salary is around 5000PLN which is $1200 for reference. So this is a lot lower than the average salary - it's basically minimum wage.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
The divide between the people that actually do the work and the small percentage that earn huge amounts from it

it really sad to see exploitation, and I'm glad I choose many years ago to not work in gaming.