• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
www.tmz.com

NFL Star Vincent Jackson Found Dead in Hotel Room, Cops Investigating

Vincent Jackson -- a 3-time Pro Bowl wide receiver -- was found dead in a hotel room in Florida on Monday, officials confirm. He was only 38.

Vincent Jackson
-- a 3-time Pro Bowl wide receiver -- was found dead in a hotel room in Florida on Monday, officials confirm. He was only 38.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says it's investigating -- as there is no apparent cause of death. No signs of trauma, etc.
Officials say Jackson's family filed a missing persons report regarding the NFL star on February 11. He was located on Feb. 12 and cops spoke with him.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
That's sad. Kind of makes me think suicide if there was a missing persons report. That's too young regardless of how he went.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
He had one hell of a combination of Size and Speed. I thought he and Mike Evans were going to kill the league when they were together.

This is fucked up.

Edit- so he spent the night there on Valentine's night? And he's was still listed as married to his wife? Maybe dealing with personal and/or family problems. 😔

Edit #2- he's been there since Jan 11th.

Last edited:

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Woah what the fuck?!

Being found dead in a hotel makes it sound like a murder. RIP to VJ but I want to hear about what the hell happened here.

Edit: no signs of trauma. Suicide? Hope not. Way too young.

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
Woah what the fuck?!

Being found dead in a hotel makes it sound like a murder. RIP to VJ but I want to hear about what the hell happened here.

Edit: no signs of trauma. Suicide? Hope not. Way too young.
It sounds more like suicide than murder. Especially considering he has had mental health and well being checks recently.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The whole story sounds fishy. He goes missing. Is found in some random hotel.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
The whole story sounds fishy. He goes missing. Is found in some random hotel.

Apparently the cops spoke to him three days ago and so the missing person case was closed. Don't want to speculate, but apparently he had been in that hotel since January so he probably wasn't in a very good place.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Don't need to jump straight to suicide or murder. Lots of people kill themselves accidentally with drugs or alcohol, or a combo of both. And he's an ex football player, so it could just me an early natural death brought on by a short yet brutal life. RIP to him and I feel terrible for his family and friends.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
Holy shit. Dude was one of the bright spots through all the Bucs' losing years and he seemed to be a genuinely good person. RIP

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
He was my favorite player when I first got into football. My first name is Jackson and my family used to make a lot of jokes about it. First jersey I got was his.

Goodbye, old friend.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to assume anything but didn't he have issues with substance abuse? This may end up being an accidental overdose.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the cops spoke to him three days ago and so the missing person case was closed. Don't want to speculate, but apparently he had been in that hotel since January so he probably wasn't in a very good place.
i Don't think he was killed or anything. Just sounds more than mental health related

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Even during those down years with the Bucs he was so exciting to watch. He made Josh Freeman and Jameis look good.