• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get to take the high ground if you're a republican. Yours is the party of the "bigot"

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to primary Trump from the left is a fool's gambit. The GOP base has proven they don't give a shit about """"respectability"""" anymore, they want full insanity.
Joe Walsh has the insanity part covered. He full on advocated for a fascist overthrow of the government if Trump lost the first time. He also advocated training child soldiers to protect schools in America in a Sacha Baron Cohen prank show thinking it was real.

Oct 25, 2017
Why did he turn on Trump? Was he promised something and Trump didn't follow through? I can't imagine he's had a sincere awakening

Oct 25, 2017

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did he turn on Trump? Was he promised something and Trump didn't follow through? I can't imagine he's had a sincere awakening
I know a lot of "Lean Republican" types who dislike trump because he promotes big government and is actively shitting on free trade for no reason. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but it's not surprising to see people who like those concepts to be upset about the Trump presidency.

I think Joe Walsh is a grifter trying to take advantage of those people in this instance, but I can see why people want primary challengers for trump and why there is a market for that

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of "Lean Republican" types who dislike trump because he promotes big government and is actively shitting on free trade for no reason. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but it's not surprising to see people who like those concepts to be upset about the Trump presidency.

I think Joe Walsh is a grifter trying to take advantage of those people in this instance, but I can see why people want primary challengers for trump and why there is a market for that
Their mostly pro free trade stance is one of the few issues I agreed with Republicans on in years past. Now with Trump going full on protectionist that's no longer true.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
What if his campaign is sooooo under the radar he shows up the polls and no one knows to vote against him and he becomes the nominee. I can dream right?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty sure incumbent presidents have primary challengers all the time (Obama did in 2012, no?) only its not noteworthy because nobody takes it seriously and everybody knows its going to amount to nothing. This is no different, except the media is turning into a story because Walsh is one of their own, a pundit they've been parading around their networks for years to be a loudmouthed jackass. This is a total non-story.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it takes away possible votes from Fatass, then I'm okay with this.

It won't. He's not running as a third party (and even then he probably wouldn't take any votes away from Trump), he's challenging him for the Republican nomination, which is a waste of his and everybody else time, but will get the guy who now makes his living making appearances on cable news shows a lot of attention from cable news shows. Gee wonder why he's doing this?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
You saw this in 2016 as well. Republicans turning away from Trump, betting on him losing and them looking reasonable in the aftermath. The vast majority fell back in line when he won.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It won't matter if it doesn't succeed. As long as Walsh wastes Trumps time it's good.

Ted Kennedy challenging Carter 100% damaged him even if he still won the primary easily

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
All conservatives are fucking monsters but Trump's approval rating in the GOP is so high, a unicorn would have as much of a chance of winning as any of Donny's current competition.
Makes me wonder if he's really in such a bubble that he believes he's actually loved, or if he knows he's lying when he writes shit like this:

Like, I know that nobody said that, but why would he make up such an obvious lie? I'd buy that he actually thinks like this.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.

Trumps numbers are pretty shaky right now by most metrics, so there are probably quite a few people on the right/far-right side of american politics who are biding their time until the moment that it's feasible to attack him under the guise of not living up to the promises of whatever.

It actually doesn't matter what the stated reasons are; this is just grifters taking the temperature of the room about angling for a better gig than what they currently have. Obviously, he's not going to unseat Trump, but he (Trump) might be in a bad enough situation that challenging him - and being defeated by him - can open up for a high-paying pundit-job or whatever in the aftermath.

This kind of opportunistic positioning happens on both sides; the right/far-right just tends to be way quicker to turn on each other, and way less concerned about being seen as hypocritical or incoherent.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Walsh is a teabagging shitbag. But he is a teabagging shitbag with a modicum of conscious, unlike the mindless worms that support Trump today. He will call out Trump which is gonna be fun.
I would imagine that's because he isn't currently a Congressman. If he was still in government he'd be following Trump like the rest of the spineless GOP.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
Finally someone the Never Trumpers can go to? People who miiiight've gone to Joe Biden?

Edit:

After looking at those tweets, maybe not.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I would imagine that's because he isn't currently a Congressman. If he was still in government he'd be following Trump like the rest of the spineless GOP.
I would agree normally but if he wanted Trump's base he would have been licking Trump's taint day in day out, like Matt Gaetz. He obviously believes there's a base for him apart from deplorables. Also keep in mind Amash was a teabag republican.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guy will run his mouth and then back Trump after he drops out. This will probably help Trump more than hurt him.