• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
The community manager for Infinity Ward during the Modern Warfare games Robert Bowling (he went on to attempt to make the canceled game Human Element) has been tweeting out videos focused on MW2's Ghost and the date October 8th, 2019.

Infinity Ward has been quietly bringing back key talent from the Modern Warfare trilogy for CoD 2019, he may be involved and we could get a full reveal this week or next (which is around the time of the usual CoD reveal).

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wow seeing Robert Bowling made me realize that I never knew what happened to his studio and game that he was working on back around 2012.

It was cancelled! I had no idea.

On topic, it's surreal to me that we're getting a MW4. I would have rather had an Infinite Warfare 2 but it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully MW4 does good.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4: Ghost from Infinity Wardfare

Set in an alternate present timeline which could be the future of our past

The era is post neo modern with touches of retroactualist quasi-elizabethan

Weapons are your old favorites just like you've never remembered them, with a twist

Gameplay best described as revamped classic boots on the ground that has been overtuned by way of extensive viscerality and live player feedback zones

The most thrilling new feature--which has been built from the ground up for this title specifically--you can actually customize your loadouts with respect to other players, including dual lens color and procedurally generated perforation scatters

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Activision in partnership with EA present the Call of Duty Shlooter RPG Survival MMO.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I told myself after the abysmal Sledgehammer games and lacklustre NEW IW games that BLOPS4 would be my last CoD.

However, I can't help but get a little excited to see what the madmen have got cooking though. It's always fun to see how they can one-up their previous efforts along with those of their 'rival' Activision studios. I might actually bite if the MTX situation isn't as off-putting as it was with BLOPS4 (which I stopped playing completely after it came out how ridiculous the grind for new items was).

OP
OP
ASleepingMonkey

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I told myself after the abysmal Sledgehammer games and lacklustre NEW IW games that BLOPS4 would be my last CoD.

However, I can't help but get a little excited to see what the madmen have got cooking though. It's always fun to see how they can one-up their previous efforts and that of their 'rival' Activision studios.
After kinda dropping the ball in the eyes of fans after MW3, i think IW is really going for a big crowd pleaser here instead of big risks.... which might be the best move

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After kinda dropping the ball in the eyes of fans after MW3, i think IW is really going for a big crowd pleaser here instead of big risks.... which might be the best move
I have to say I did very much enjoy the singleplayer campaign of Infinite Warfare and thought it was easily the best CoD campaigns in a long while. So I'm hoping they can at least live up to that standard again. Perhaps even go the same route in terms of missions structure as it was very refreshing for a CoD title.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I have to say I did very much enjoy the singleplayer campaign of Infinite Warfare and thought it was easily the best CoD campaigns in a long while. So I'm hoping they can at least live up to that standard again. Perhaps even go the same route in terms of missions structure which was refreshing for a CoD title.
This. Also a bunch of ex-IW guys came back from Respawn to work on this. IW showed a lot of promise. I think this is going to rule.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm idly curious how they even continue the narrative post MW3.
Easy, Makarov had a son and he wants payback.
04ED2F303A84A45317544478828720D123083064

I know, its safe and cliche but with Treyarch going all out with the Mason family( like seriously the "plot" of BO4 is f-ing bonkers), I actually want something safe and cliche for once XD

I actually really enjoyed Infinite Warfare so right now I actually trust Infinity Ward to give us a decent sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell would he know anything given the fact he hasn't worked at Infinity Ward/Activision in years now?

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ghost, who died in MW2, was also Gaz, who died in Mw1. Ghost also inspired Call of Duty: Ghosts, a dead subseries. What is Dead May never die.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm actually excited. I do wonder if they teasing MW2 Remastered at this point and not MW4 yet,considering what happened to Ghost it's hard to imagine how they cab possibly bring him back for 4.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he have an unpleasant fallout back when he quit? I do remember something at the lines of him not liking the community anymore because he always got the brunt of the heat for every little issue back then.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it, why is ghost so loved?

I never understood it then and I still don't understand it now.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017