• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Modern Warfare is back.
I just dread of the various lootbox and microtransaction RNG manipulation that will ruin the experience.

Oct 27, 2017
After kinda dropping the ball in the eyes of fans after MW3, i think IW is really going for a big crowd pleaser here instead of big risks.... which might be the best move
IW haven't let me down yet. Except for the multiplayer in Infinite Warfare, but I don't think that was there fault. I think Activision made them make it similar to Blops3 from fear of public backlash and to save time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they don't retcon his death. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a prequel though.

That said, I'll be happy either way. I just want more Modern Warfare.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The guy from Watchmen? How?

That might be the only reason I can kind of see. Even though I feel it is really stupid looking.

Price is way cooler if we are talking MW characters.

Plus he did have a pretty cool death scene. But yeah, price is much more appealing as a character.

Didn't help that ghost had the same voice actor as gaz.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ghost is cool because he is one of the rare characters in entertainment media where you don't know how he even looks. You know his name and some of his history but you don;t know how he looks underneath that mask. And that is really cool.

And Ghost wasn't shot in the head, both Roach and Ghost got shot in chests.

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, haven't heard that guys name in a long ass time. He was one of the most recognizable dev names in the industry back when MW was on top and then just vanished... bummer about his game not working out.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd be up for MW4, but I'd also be on board for AW2 or IW2

That is if they have a campaign, if not, then zero interest

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of those weird people who only buy the COD games for the SP campaign then re-sell the game while it's value is still high. I absolutely adored the 3 MW games and would love them to go back to make a 4th. Also a MW2 remaster is something I would be EXTREMELY interested in, but only if they also brought back the spec ops co-op stuff.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
doesn't have to be grounded

but getting shot in the head, gasoline poured all over and lit, exploded, and buried in dirt 6-ft deep does not mean someone is meant to be alive

exactly

Pretty sure Ghost doesn't get shot in the head, he gets shot once in the upper left chest region at point blank range with a .44 Magnum, and then set on fire.

Not saying his chances of survival are any better, but he definitely did not get his head blown off.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghost also had a cool accent.

I remember watching a YouTube video like 10 years ago detailing how Ghost could have survived. They used a thing that let them basically do a photo mode where they pulled back the camera and you didn't see see Ghost's body in the fire. Lol

He's cool. I'd be jazzed to see him back.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be honest, if it's MW4 I'll probably bite day one for it.

First day one COD for me since MW3.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Seems odd.

I have no doubt that the next game is Modern Warfare 4... This seems like an odd thing for him to do since he doesn't work at IW anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the voice actor for Ghost say 2-3 years ago MW4 was coming or he updated his resume and it appeared?

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Good chance he still has friends at Infinity Ward (especially with some of the recent hirings) ... cause he was dropping hints as far back as the day before Apex Legends was officially unveiled on Twitter.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Narrative/gameplay of Modern Warfare 1-3 is the gold standard for the FPS Genre. However, They wrapped everything up pretty tight in MW3. I'm not sure there is much else the masses would care about regarding its "universe". I'd personally LOVE to see a MW game between 1 and 2 that explains Ghost and shows Price being put in that prison (Basically a story around Operation Kingfish) but...theres just alot of people out there that wouldn't give two shits.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Jesus, just let the modern warfare universe die. Start a new present-day story.
They tried with Ghosts and the game was received very badly by a big part of the community.
They they tried full-on scifi with Infinite Warfare and although the SP and Zombies modes were received quite well, the MP (arguably the most important part of the game for most of the community) was once again heavily disliked.
Infinity Ward has tried to start a new universe twice in a row and failed twice, Infinite Warfare's failure was always gonna end with IW returning to something familiar.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They tried with Ghosts and the game was received very badly by a big part of the community.
They they tried full-on scifi with Infinite Warfare and although the SP and Zombies modes were received quite well, the MP (arguably the most important part of the game for most of the community) was once again heavily disliked.
Infinity Ward has tried to start a new universe twice in a row and failed twice, Infinite Warfare's failure was always gonna end with IW returning to something familiar.

They didn't have memorable characters. COD: Ghosts was just two brothers in a post-taken over US idolizing the last remaining elite USA team "The ghosts". Thats about as interesting as cutting a screen with a toothbrush. Infinite warfare tried to cash in on Jon snow popularity it seemed and....nothing happened.