• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Quentin Cobb, formerly a game designer on the Uncharted series and The Last of Us, has left from his year-long stint at Daybreak to return to an undisclosed studio with Sony as a Senior Game Designer.

So Maybe a new Sony Studio? Or Just playing coy as to not hint towards the game he is working on now?

Q-Train

Designer at Zenimax Online
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Whoa, multiple posts...
giphy.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Grats Q-Train! Excited to see what you and your team come up with, and if it is Uncharted, what your take on the franchise will be.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Q-Train Hopefully your moment in the spotlight didn't gain you any uncomfortable talks with PR and your superiors.

Congrats, and hopefully it won't be too long till you ( and the rest of your peers ) can be more transparent about your current project.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Q-Train. Out of curiosity, what was your role in previous ND games?

Q-Train

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Q-Train Hopefully your moment in the spotlight didn't gain you any uncomfortable talks with PR and your superiors.

Congrats, and hopefully it won't be too long till you ( and the rest of your peers ) can be more transparent about your current project.

My boss saw it today and laughed. It's all good but thanks for the concern. I plan on talking a lot about what I'm working on when I'm able to.

Q-Train

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Congrats Q-Train. Out of curiosity, what was your role in previous ND games?

I was a Game Designer on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. I was primarily a multiplayer designer but did a good chunk of work on the single player. The last big thing I worked on was the Co-op mode for Uncharted 4 that was released post launch.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to you Q-Train! Hope you are already settling in and enjoying the new job!

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I was a Game Designer on The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. I was primarily a multiplayer designer but did a good chunk of work on the single player. The last big thing I worked on was the Co-op mode for Uncharted 4 that was released post launch.
I loved the mutiplayer in Last of Us! I actually got the platnium trophy for the game as a whole. I had a lotta fun healing people then using that money to continuously buy shotguns LOL...Good times. I went back and tried the strategy again, and it didn't' seem as effective. I was never sure if they nerfed it, or it was just me getting worse haha.

I'll keep an eye out!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a naming contest for the new Sony San Diego studio? I nominate 'Sweating Jordan Peele'.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
I loved the mutiplayer in Last of Us!

It's criminally underrated.
People probably didn't expect it to be good since TLOU is so heavily story-focused, so they just didn't try it out?
I don't know, but for me it was one of the best MP I've ever played.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see what you are working on, Q-Train.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Awesome. Looking forward to hear about the new Jak game that they are making.
roJa5pE.gif

Is never going to happen, isn't it?

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
It's criminally underrated.
People probably didn't expect it to be good since TLOU is so heavily story-focused, so they just didn't try it out?
I don't know, but for me it was one of the best MP I've ever played.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see what you are working on, Q-Train.

Best multiplayer I have played too. Incredible.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
sony hasn't acquired studios in a long time . its time to set one up with the amount of cash flow they have from PS plus