• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
13ffacb18388435e1c6c418f39844ff2

One of these days, I'll finish Days Gone, but I didn't stop playing it because of Deacon's personality (assuming he's referring to Deacon?). The game was just boring.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I was too woke to understand that when the game made a mission item disappear through the floor and not let me finish the actual objective, it was really commentary about how white men have it hard in the world.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We really, really need to stop giving John Garvin attention. This is what he wants.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I really liked it, but I played the fully patched out version on PS4 Pro.
It was very long in its main questline, still need to complete additional content.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Massive cope in that last part. You can call Deacon boring and generic on his own merits it has nothing to do with being "woke".

Oct 25, 2017
It's true, I am very woke and I got so angry when I saw the gruff white biker that I threw my television out of the window so I never finished the game

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
That's disappointing to read as a root of his worldview. I understand the baseline of being frustrated that something you worked hard on getting a mixed reception for things either out of your control or that you think are unfair, but this is (unfortunately) pretty revealing re: Garvin if these are the reasons he's decided it happened with the benefit of hindsight.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That very same gruff white baker was literally selling people into slavery, something tells me that that's the incredibly offputting part about him, not just the part where he's white and the fact that the story is...also subpar AF in spite of the performances from the actors.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I liked Days Gone after revisiting it when it got all those major performance fixes on PS5. This is a really embarrassing opinion to share and anytime some right-winger uses the term "woke" without a hint of irony I cringe 😬

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Yea woke reviewers were the only ones who hated cringey dialogue written by 12 year olds. "Ride me as much as you ride your bike," is definitely good wedding vow dialogue. Definitely not incredibly cringey and adolescent

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean there was some REALLY weird talk in a radio about how prison system had a way to create zombies that has some really nasty implications about race and class that borders on Idiocracy level eugenics....

But that being sad, what "poor reviews" ? The game got 8/10 all over the place

edit: woke people love to look at their girlfriend's ass O.o

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
The game is cool. And yep, if you complete the game you can read some reviews and see, that some of them really write a rewiew without finishing the game.

So? The game is long, and you've seen everything it has to offer long before the halfway point and more than enough to offer a valuable critique.

And I liked the damn game.

Oct 27, 2017
I never really had particularly strong feelings about Days Gone either way, but this dude really wants me to dislike the game huh

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's true. Media with gruff white protagonists never reviews well.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I genuinely hope I never invest so much of myself into one single thing that I am forced for my own mental health to go on a years-long cope tour about its failure.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Let it go. You made a mid game. Get over it.

People are allowed to not like your game no matter how hard done by you feel.

Oct 25, 2017
I really have to wonder why anybody would write this. Especially like, years after the game came out.
Whining about reviewers being mean and "not playing the game" is already pathetic enough but to add "Woke culture came for our biker game" is just extremely funny.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The white protagonist wasnt the issue; plenty of games have a white protagonist and score well. The cast of characters and the love 'story' was absolutely asenine and uninspiring. Also the dialog was laughably bad.

it was a mediocre game through and through.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Feels like this guy is trying his hardest to get me to not try a game I bought years ago...

Oct 19, 2022
What a way to out yourself with that last reason. Also the idea that game didn't review well because he's gruff and white is actually laughable.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
"the game had some bugs, but otherwise it was perfect"

no.

i mean, in the end i think i enjoyed my time with the game, but no. it had a lot of issues beyond the bugs and the performance.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck does "woke" have to do with it? The game is solid, but otherwise perfectly average.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Thank god he's not at Bend anymore. They must have their head in their hands any time he opens his mouth.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, now I like this game a lot less and kind of wish it got a sequel without him greenlit

What a clown good lord

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK