• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://whatculture.com/wwe/former-wwe-star-brian-grandmaster-sexay-christopher-has-died

Former WWE Tag Team Champion Brian 'Grandmaster Sexay' Christopher was rushed to hospital last night after hanging himself in jail. Multiple sources report that the situation is dire.

The son of Memphis wrestling legend Jerry Lawler, Brian Christopher was born Brian Lawler in 1972. Following in his father's footsteps, he spent a decade working in Memphis' USWA under the name 'Too Sexay', feuding with many of the territory's top stars - including 'The King' himself - before making the switch to WWE in 1997. At first drafted in to bolster the fledgling Light Heavyweight Division, Christopher eventually found his feet pairing with Scott "Too Hot" Taylor as 'Too Much'.

The relationship between Christopher and commentator Jerry Lawler was a running inside gag, with the team mostly making up the numbers before a 1999 transformation thrust them unexpectedly into the spotlight. Adopting the names of Grandmaster Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty, the newly rechristened Too Cool became unexpectedly over, thanks in part to the addition of the break-dancing superheavyweight Rikishi. Hitting the height of their popularity at the turn of the millennium, Too Cool found themselves in headline programmes opposite Triple H and Edge & Christian.

An ill-advised Rikishi heel turn and a broken leg for Scotty 2 Hotty ended the run abruptly. Christopher was soon shown the door, released from the company when they learned he'd been smuggling drugs to Canada.

Since his release, Christopher drifted around the independent scene, working in TNA for two years alongside other second-generation stars Erik Watts and David Flair. He enjoyed a few brief cameos back in WWE - notably in 2011 when he infamously came back to a muted reception - but was never handed a long-term run back in the company.

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON

Just to confirm, Nikolai Volkoff, Brian Lawler and Brickhouse Brown have all passed away. Very sad day for pro wrestling.

12:40 PM - Jul 29, 2018

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I actually met him several years ago. He gave me and my bro some tickets to a local RAW. He wasn't perfect, but he was a good dude.

Edit: Updated OP needed.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Terrible day in pro wrestling

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
R.I.P. My thoughts go out to Jerry Lawler who I'm sure is devastated right now.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is he confirmed dead? If so, that's insane, Nikolai Volkoff and Grand Master Sexay on the same day.
Edit: Brickhouse Brown too? I'm not sure who he was, but that's even worse, 3 deaths?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Dude's had substance abuse problems for years. My heart goes out to King and the rest of his family.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
This has been a terrible year for pro wrestling deaths. Bruno, Vader, Volkoff and now Brian Lawler. RIP.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3iduvf

Still probably my favorite RAW match. The crowd was going crazy the entire thing.
i wish interfaction fights like this were a more common thing. wwe has so much dang talent nowadays, on most weekly shows i'd rather see just a few minutes of a star if it meant that a wider array of guys got screen time, makes no sense to me when guys like austin aries get cut just bc the idiots can't find a good place to put him in 5 hours of weekly programming. the giant shitshow matches where 3 things are going on at once are the most fun to watch live anyway

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to see them go like this. Guy was really emtertaiente and I will always look back fondly on that era of wrestling. RIP to Nikolai and Brick House as well. Rough day for wrestling.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
That Atlanta crowd was fire. That match still holds up, as it was just crazy electric the whole time. When Too Cool came out to help, Rock and HHH brawling on the ramp, etc. The match had so much going on because of the crowd.
What helps is that no one was booked as a chump on either side. Everyone got their moves in.. and Kane at the end topped it off.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Fuck. Rough day for the biz. Always sad for a parent when their children pass away. Hope Lawler's doing alright.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
What helps is that no one was booked as a chump on either side. Everyone got their moves in.. and Kane at the end topped it off.

See, that's where WWE currently fails. The stingy politics is so ingrained that no wrestler gets time to develop anymore. Everyone who Vince thinks is great gets main event wrestlemania push within a few months, while the rest with actual talent get pushed down to jobber status because they had one bad match or because of locker room drama or clique.

Anyways, so sad to hear the news is true. RIP to all.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Over a DUI?, why did he hang himself tho I'm very confused

He's been having a lot of trouble lately. Him partying a lot and getting into fights backstage at shows has caught up to him. He just got arrested for a DUI and fighting with cops, so that's why he was in jail currently. He really needed help.

RIP

Edit: he was held on DUI, evading police, and driving on revoked license. His bond was $40,000. He didn't look to good in his pic either. Looking at his Facebook page he hadn't posted since early this month, so I guess he spent more time in there than I thought. Rest In Plece Brian...

Last edited: