• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the engine they're putting in the back of that thing, that rear bodywork of the RB15 is....ambitious.

Honda have been working with Red Bull on the cooling since mid-2018, the car and engine have been ran in the climate controlled chassis dyno.

Both Red Bull teams completed their shakedowns today with no issues

14c0jtf.jpg

c918f31.jpg

Hardan

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if that blue part mixes well with the pink.
I like the pink but I think you could do more with it!

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Slowest reveal ever?

Wasn't bad until it got to the blue on the back, not sure about that. However, I think it's always best to wait and see how the cars look on track.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honda have been working with Red Bull on the cooling since mid-2018, the car and engine have been ran in the climate controlled chassis dyno.

Both Red Bull teams completed their shakedowns today with no issues

14c0jtf.jpg

c918f31.jpg

They were working with McLaren on their integration for years...

And congrats, they ran the thing today at 50% throttle for about 10 mins without exploding 👍

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Too busy. That livery was probably pretty good before the adverts went on.

Mercedes finally looks respectable without the ethereal striping.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Racing Point easily beats Williams for the worst livery candidate so far. It's like they removed part of BWT's one to make room for the new sponsor.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Look at all that shit in front of the Racing Point sidepods.

You'll need to be Indiana Jones to navigate through to the cockpit..

EDIT: F-me look at the size of Red Bull's S duct... oO

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
I think the pink and blue is a totally alright colour combination, but the design elements and sponsors and stuff have gotten so cluttered, I still like the pink BWT scheme but their liveries have gotten worse every year since they came onboard.

The Merc is surprisingly great looking, easily their best since their return to F1. The RBR test livery is cool as hell but I'd wish they'd stop doing them, or at least bring some of that stuff into their actual livery. Still a big fan of the matte dark blue/neon red look in general but it needs a refresh bad.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit less orange from last season. So it'll be a bit better on the track then. But not by much.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's nice that at least one team understands what bold and bright colours looks like, love the McLaren in these colours, hope they stick with this for years.

The Alfa Romeo looks a bit busy and it's very dark, just looks like a very dark red from a distance, not too keen on it but at least it's different and not bland like a cheap brand toothpaste tube like most F1 cars usually are.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
McLaren's livery is weird. They used the black section for all the sponsor logos which are unrecognizable in standard shots, but the big middle part of the engine cover is empty.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
McLaren's livery is weird. They used the black section for all the sponsor logos which are unrecognizable in standard shots, but the big middle part of the engine cover is empty.

I guess McLaren are holding out for a major sponsor to come along.

Kinda reminds me of this travesty...
hrt_f111-2.jpg

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
That McLaren livery is gorgeous. Anything who doesn't think so needs their eyes testing :D

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
That McLaren livery is gorgeous. Anything who doesn't think so needs their eyes testing :D

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the livery. Just find it odd there is no sponsors on the main bodywork / sidepod area.

Talking of liveries... Anyone else been hearing that Ferrari will be running a matte finish this year? (Internet rumours / pinch of salt etc).

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a Red Bull Copy/Pasta. (not the livery, the car).
It really isn't... front wing is radically different than any other team; yeah, they have a snorkel, but the Alfa Romeo has 2 side inlets; On top there is an indentation, compared to a protrusion on the RB15; The sidepods are massive comparatively; bi-mounted rear wing instead of single mounted; Alfa Romeo doesn't have the boomerang...

Perhaps I'm looking wrong, but I don't see the similarities.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I quite like the livery. Just find it odd there is no sponsors on the main bodywork / sidepod area.

Talking of liveries... Anyone else been hearing that Ferrari will be running a matte finish this year? (Internet rumours / pinch of salt etc).
I've heard those rumours too. Supposedly a colour/finish similar to Ducati's MotoGP livery.

motogp-ducati-launch-2019-duca-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.