• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I put an F1 mod on and signed Alex Albon when he was in F3. I'm kind of attached to him because of that haha (this was a couple of years ago now)
Man I've not played it in ages. Really enjoyed it when it released on steam. Should go back and see what's changed since and see what mods are worth it.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The game has changed quite drastically since I last played it. I had to uninstall it as it was too tempting to fire up during work time :/

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth
So... is there any way to make the PC version of Motorsport Manager a bit less of a clicking orgy? It seems that half the game is waiting for something to load or click to get from a loading/preview screen to a screen where I can actually do something.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Happy that Ferrari is doing well. They were doing well last year too. It was Vettels temper that cost them the championship. Hope he has matured.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSA - Sky Sports F1 is being offered as a £10 a month standalone upgrade, rather than requiring Sky Sports.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Sky Sports has fired Ted Kravitz because the new Sky boss hates him. Such a shame, his Notebooks were super awkward but also super enjoyable and refreshing compared to all other coverages of F1 weekends. :(

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Sky Sports has fired Ted Kravitz because the new Sky boss hates him. Such a shame, his Notebooks were super awkward but also super enjoyable and refreshing compared to all other coverages of F1 weekends. :(

What? That sucks, also found his notebooks really enjoyable.

Edit: reading up on it now Davidson seems to be gone as well. Those two were the best parts for me of the sky coverage.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Pretty much the only good thing about Sky F1. Where will I get my post-race gossip from now on?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

If I'm Mr F1TV boss I'm jumping over myself to sign Ted.

Big loss for Sky IMO.

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
I hope thats not true. Since sky took over f1 Ted's notebook is the only pre or post race feature I watch.

Oct 26, 2017
If that's true, it's a big loss for sky. Even if the notebook was part gossip, it was one of the more entertaining segments on the show before and after a race. I second the idea of F1TV signing him up instantly.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh £65 for virgin media plus sports and 200MB internet. Only £5 more than i'm Paying already...

..only for new customers - you stupid loyal bastard can pay £82.25

Nope. Also can't believe they still charge you for the privilege fr watching in HD - not even 4k, just regular old HD (£7 a month extra!)

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

Sigh. Sky coverage just keeps on getting worse and worse. I hope he will land somewhere, I quite liked his reports.

I don't know if he will be a good fit on F1TV, since Will Buxton is already doing a good paddock coverage there.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks that he lost his job but it was becoming more and more difficult to listen to his obvious Hamilton bias. David Crofts too for that matter. I won't miss him. I do like Ant though - sucks that he's gone.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they've dropped Ted while keeping someone like Simon Lazenby around - now there's someone who contributes absolutely nothing to the show.

Hopefully Ted gets picked up directly by F1 for their Youtube / F1TV stuff.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
It's not Lazenby's job to contribute though, he's the glue that binds Sky's coverage together. Bland glue, but glue nonetheless. That said I do quite enjoy Vernon Kay doing Formula E, so I can't claim a different presenter wouldn't make things more entertaining.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
It's not Lazenby's job to contribute though, he's the glue that binds Sky's coverage together. Bland glue, but glue nonetheless. That said I do quite enjoy Vernon Kay doing Formula E, so I can't claim a different presenter wouldn't make things more entertaining.

It's his job to contribute to the role he's there to do (ie. keep me engaged enough to want to watch their pre and post race shows), but for me at least he comes across just as uninformed and as uninterested in F1 as he did 8 years ago when they started. In contrast to Ted who is someone who came across as someone who has a genuine passion for reporting on the sport (whether you like his style or not) and so I actually want to watch the content he produced for them.

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh £65 for virgin media plus sports and 200MB internet. Only £5 more than i'm Paying already...

..only for new customers - you stupid loyal bastard can pay £82.25

Nope. Also can't believe they still charge you for the privilege fr watching in HD - not even 4k, just regular old HD (£7 a month extra!)
The best part is everything is HD native these days anyway. It's downscaled for you which ironically, requires slightly more work.

OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get a Spanish f1 channel and the coverage owns sky sports. They did detailed pre season analysis including all the car reveals.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. Sky coverage just keeps on getting worse and worse. I hope he will land somewhere, I quite liked his reports.

I don't know if he will be a good fit on F1TV, since Will Buxton is already doing a good paddock coverage there.
Notebook would definitely have to get dropped, however Ted could provide pit commentary during races for F1TV or chat with the drivers during the GP build up.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think F1TV needs Kravitz' tabloid style of reporting. Always trying to get that gotcha moment with the team personell or drivers.

His notebook segments were informative but Buxton has showed how you you do that format in a much better and positive way.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be Crofty and Brundle, with Button doing analysis work like Di Resta, Herbert etc.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Apparently Sky Sports has fired Ted Kravitz because the new Sky boss hates him.
What the fuck?
reading up on it now Davidson seems to be gone as well.
What the fuck!?

Ted was great. Great attitude, fantastically pointless content. He delivered exactly the sort of bullshit you need to sustain 24/7 coverage of a 3/3 sport.

Ant was a great straight man and really seemed to know his stuff, very Gary Neville esque.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Teds gone.......wasn't a big fan of him personally but his contribution and passion for F1 were undeniable.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can kinda understand Anthony Davidson going. He's a great pundit, and I'll miss him, but his racing schedule meant he was hardly ever around.

Kravitz going is just...weird. I'll be signing the petition (although if I were him I'd not come back).

OopsieDoopsie

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Without Alonso the only talent left in this (rigged)"competition" is Ricciardo and probably Leclerc. Nonetheless I'll keep watching it, even tho I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.