• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
This game is kicking my ass. Even on amateur I can't even get pole.
You're not meant to be immediately winning, on any difficulty. It's about overdriving whatever shit box you're limited to.
There's usually way over 10 seconds of laptime difference between the slowest and fastest AI, so he must be getting something fundamentally wrong about the driving model. Hard to give any suggestions over forum posts though.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
According to Andrew 'bullshit' Benson Mick Schumacher has joined the Ferrari Academy.
The 19-year-old is embarking on his first season in Formula 2, the final feeder category before Formula 1, with the leading Prema team in 2019.

As part of his deal, Mick Schumacher is to drive in two tests with Ferrari this season.

Ferrari would not officially confirm the deal with Mick Schumacher.
Source

Oct 25, 2017
Racing Point's technical director says 2019 simulation had them numerous seconds slower than their lap times of 2018.

Red Bull's 2019 simulation with Honda Spec 3 had them 1.4s faster.

Midfield to get massacred all season long Mexican GP style?

OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to Andrew 'bullshit' Benson Mick Schumacher has joined the Ferrari Academy.

Source

This was a given. He will be replacing Vettel shortly. I can see Vettel leaving Ferrari if Leclerc outrages him.

I haven't seen a driver throw away a championship like Vettel did last year.

It will be interesting.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
This was a given. He will be replacing Vettel shortly. I can see Vettel leaving Ferrari if Leclerc outrages him.

It will be interesting.

There's no way Mick will replace Vettel without first proving himself in a lower team.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Hey he got a whopping 10 second penalty for that.

"When did I do dangerous driving then? Can you give me an explanation - when I did dangerous driving? "

Oct 27, 2017
Hey he got a whopping 10 second penalty for that.

"When did I do dangerous driving then? Can you give me an explanation - when I did dangerous driving? "

He got a 10 second stop and go penalty. That is not in any way a "10 second penalty". Still incredibly lenient for intentionally hitting another car...

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
So, UK casual F1 fan here (however I used to book Sundays off from work to watch afternoon races live).. so I can't really see any F1 except for Silverstone this year unless I get access to Sky F1..?

I don't even mind the Now TV Sports pass option for catching the races I care about, but sadly Now TV doesn't do on demand. You see it when it is scheduled or you miss it, which is really shit I must say. They need an on demand, iPlayer style service.

Are we even getting highlights on council telly??

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
So, UK casual F1 fan here (however I used to book Sundays off from work to watch afternoon races live).. so I can't really see any F1 except for Silverstone this year unless I get access to Sky F1..?

I don't even mind the Now TV Sports pass option for catching the races I care about, but sadly Now TV doesn't do on demand. You see it when it is scheduled or you miss it, which is really shit I must say. They need an on demand, iPlayer style service.

Are we even getting highlights on council telly??
Channel 4 still has highlights.

I'm getting Sky Sports for free* until January 2020 but next year is going to hurt my wallet if I'm going to watch every race. Hoping the F1 TV is working properly by then.

*Effectively free thanks to switching TV providers.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

It will be interesting.
Oh I can see Vettel getting outraged by Leclerc this year.

The dummy, it's going to fly.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Channel 4 still has highlights.

I'm getting Sky Sports for free* until January 2020 but next year is going to hurt my wallet if I'm going to watch every race. Hoping the F1 TV is working properly by then.

*Effectively free thanks to switching TV providers.
Ahh I didn't realise that! Good to see. I thought it was completely off terrestrial this year. Such a shame we can't get the F1 Pro in the UK anytime soon. I'm not getting Sky just for F1, which I'm not hugely enamoured with as of late. Highlights will do and I'll watch the odd race live on NowTV if I happen to be off and it's got the potential to be a corker, depending how the season plays out.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe how Vettel threw away this championship.

I expect fireworks if Leclerc is close or even faster than him this year.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Meh, he threw away one certain win. And even with those points and P3 or 2 in Italy it wouldn't have been enough.
He threw away a lot more than one win:
Code:
Vettel's mistakes         Cost wrt Hamilton
Baku lock-up -            20 point swing
France lock-up -          8 point swing
Austria impeding -        10 point swing
Germany slip-up -         32 point swing
Monza farce -             20 point swing
Japan crash -             7 point swing
USA red flags and crash - 16 point swing

That's 113 points difference down to Seb's fuck-ups*. That would have been enough for him to win the title in Mexico rather than Lewis.

*My methodology was to take the place Vettel would have finished driving optimally and adjust race standings to reflect that. So for example, if in reality Vettel crashed out of the lead and Hamilton went on to win, instead Seb gets the win and Lewis finishes second for a net change of 32 points.

Obviously it's not as simple as that, changes in circumstances lead to changes in approach, but as a counterfactual it really shows just how much Vettel threw this season away.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Good numbers there Tygre. I for one think this was a contributing factor in them signing Leclerc. It lights up Seb.

OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him obviously, but I kinda doubt he'll ever make it to F1.

There is 100% chance he will be in F1. They will make it happen. He'll be a reserve driver for maybe 2 years and if opportunity presents (ie Seb leaves) they will put him in the car or have him go to Sauber.

They are not signing him for nothing. The intention is F1 no matter what.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
DxT667pW0AECbrR.jpg

sixclix

Nov 10, 2017
There is no shame in losing against Tom Kristoffersson when you're at the dawn of your motorsports career at just 19 years old. Even when your last name is Schumacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.