• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I have a feeling Red Bull will impress this winter, but face a season of been very quick, but faltering due to reliability.

I'll be very interested to see what happens with the Renault engine this season as they've really been bigging it up, though that could just be to rub Red Bull's face in it.

Assuming that everything's gone well I think they'll be much closer to Ferrari and Mercedes but, as you say, reliability will likely be the issue.

I reckon that all things being equal Mercedes have still got to be the favourites. They've got a clear No1 and No2 - no offense to Bottas! - whereas Ferrari could end up with a situation where the established driver is outdone by the new one. Of course having a decent driver in the second seat pushing him could spur Vettel on to a higher level, though that didn't work at Red Bull.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Red Bull was a slightly different story though. He'd gone from having a monster of a car to having to work his arse off to even get on the podium. You could see why his motivation might have gone out of the window somewhat.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
DzIMiFFX4AEI4U5

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

Two imaginary sponsors and two tobacco sponsors for this year. Things aren't going so well.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 3D phone company no one has heard of before? It's a silly season for the team sponsorships.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks alright. Not a fan of the airbrushed looks, but the blue is a nice addition.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I like the colours but the style is awful on that Williams.

Toro Rosso colours seem to have changed slightly, prefer last year's.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
That just looks awful. Like someone made a right mess using masking tape to section the car during spraying....

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn ROKiT phones....from the man who brought us Patron Tequila?

Well atleast its something and they are unlikely to run away mid season.
I will admit that the car isnt ugly, the Blue/White fade isnt half bad.....the ROKiT logo is just shit tho.

From the color scheme I would have thought they would use the Spring Water as a major sponsor too.
rok-water-web.png

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Sad to see Williams fall into the abyss :| A classic formula 1 team deserves better than this.

Oct 25, 2017
That ASAKI SUPER MACHINE better live up to expectation.

honda1emkacu8kfa.jpg

Both seem confident, Yamamoto says the complete Red Bull Honda package should enable them to gain victories at the beginning of the season. Development on the engine and chassis has gone well, confidence is high in Sakura.

Asaki has pooled all the best engineers from different departments within the company, Honda Jet and IHI have been working closely on the 2019 turbines / shafts, battery development now in UK, he says they've made a big leap over the winter, but as he doesn't know what the others have done, he has set a goal to pass Mercedes and Ferrari on the engine front with mid season updates.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
Here is the North American Headquarters of "U.S. based telecom giant ROK", from Google Streetview:

I hope someone does a deep dive/investigation into all this stuff, along with Rich Energy. It's fascinating.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the North American Headquarters of "U.S. based telecom giant ROK", from Google Streetview:

I hope someone does a deep dive/investigation into all this stuff, along with Rich Energy. It's fascinating.

I did some work for the Lotus (later Caterham) F1 team in Hingham, Norfolk a few years ago. Their factory wasn't far off from this..

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
[TR][TD]
Keep in mind, ROK is only in Unit 3 and 4 (not 1 and 2) and is home to 27 companies in total, including:

Rok Americas Inc, Woven Digital LLC, Rok Protective Technologies Inc, John Paul Selects LLC, Rok Water Technologies Inc, Rok Mobile Inc, Marula International Inc, Rok Water Inc, Marula International Inc, Safer Schools For America Inc, Safer Schools For California Inc, Rok Tequila LLC, Rok Distribution LLC, American States Group LLC, Rok Foundation Rescue Our Kids, Rok Group International Limited, Rok Mobile Inc, Rok Distillery LLC, Rock N Rolla Records Inc, Rokit Inc, Rokit Inc, Rok Wireless LLC, Bullion Holdings Of Nevada LLC, Bullion Of Nevada LLC, Nevada Insurance And Asset Protection LLC, Rok Comics Inc, and Rok Solid Exploration And Recovery LLC

here's the google streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/F7evMtvEDRN2
[/TD][/TR]

Oct 25, 2017

I have actually spent a lot of time in that area (like half a block from that address lol) that's a legit business building. Most companies in LA would look exactly like that if you googled them. Not saying they aren't shady, but this alone doesn't tell me much.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that companies like Rich Energy and ROK are sponsoring F1 in hope of being seen and get investors themselves.

"Hey! We're sponsoring an F1 team - not many companies are big enough to do that, right?"

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
I have actually spent a lot of time in that area (like half a block from that address lol) that's a legit business building. Most companies in LA would look exactly like that if you googled them. Not saying they aren't shady, but this alone doesn't tell me much.

I know it's a real building, but it just seems like an awfully small/nondescript building to host the headquarters of a major global telecom (and share space with 26 other "companies"), and also have legitimate resources to sponsor a NBA team, a NFL stadium, and now a Formula 1 team.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a real building, but it just seems like an awfully small/nondescript building to host the headquarters of a major global telecom (and share space with 26 other "companies"), and also have legitimate resources to sponsor a NBA team, a NFL stadium, and now a Formula 1 team.

Well if it's just a holding company it wouldn't need much more. Also that building is probably bigger than you are thinking, knowing the area. Though they seem to just have half the building. My partner was in the UCLA art grad studios which were basically right behind that building, same size, and houses studios for like 50 artists.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Which Ferrari got in trouble for, at least in Australia. They need the money though.
but it's not about promoting their product....says their website, lol if anyone believes that
The Mission Winnow logo was designed by Italian architect and designer Fabio Novembre. It is based on the concept of an arrow moving forward. It encapsulates the principle of continuous innovation and improvement and change. As Fabio Novembre puts it, "It is an arrow, a vector, a symbol of science and change, a spectacular symbol that can distinguish fiction from reality." The design is not intended in any way to reflect our brands or products, and we will not use our partners to advertise our products. In fact, since 2007, we have voluntarily removed all tobacco branding from the cars, bikes, drivers' and riders' uniforms and racetrack signage, even in countries where such branding was or is permitted.​
The whole list of FAQs is like snake oil salesman speak.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I didn't like that Williams livery at all at first glance but the more I look at it from different angles I'm starting to like it. Didn't believe there was such thing as a ''grower'' F1 livery lol.

I reckon it'll look much better on the track in broad daylight.

To be honest, it could be the ugliest livery ever but if it's Kubica driving it who gives a shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.