• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
but it's not about promoting their product....says their website, lol if anyone believes that
The Mission Winnow logo was designed by Italian architect and designer Fabio Novembre. It is based on the concept of an arrow moving forward. It encapsulates the principle of continuous innovation and improvement and change. As Fabio Novembre puts it, "It is an arrow, a vector, a symbol of science and change, a spectacular symbol that can distinguish fiction from reality." The design is not intended in any way to reflect our brands or products, and we will not use our partners to advertise our products. In fact, since 2007, we have voluntarily removed all tobacco branding from the cars, bikes, drivers' and riders' uniforms and racetrack signage, even in countries where such branding was or is permitted.​
The whole list of FAQs is like snake oil salesman speak.
PMI is actually really investing heavily in research outside of the tobacco industry and pursuing health care related innovation (using the tobacco plant).
The mission winnow is part of that.

I've been in touch with one of their heads in Switzerland and they want to transition away from the tobacco industry as they believe it will become less and less profitable in the coming years.
So.. Yes, marketing, yes capitalism, but in the end, no, its not bullshit.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Lots of rake (lol) and more black than last year. I like it.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
The major difference between Rich and Rokit is that the trail of Rokit leads back to a (known) billionaire (DeJoria). Storey supposedly made money managing athletes, which I know can be lucrative, but that lucrative?

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
Essentially the same as 2018, which is fine because it is a great livery. However it's going to difficult to discern between Renault and Haas. I'm surprised they didn't add more yellow to the side profile.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
tbh there's nothing wrong with the TR or Renault liveries. They're amongst the best in the field.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
k2XOhYs.png

McLaren at 33/1 is really tempting here given that the Alonso-effect made that car appear a lot better than it was last season. 9th fastest overall. Just depends on what Williams can do with Kubica, I guess.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
k2XOhYs.png

McLaren at 33/1 is really tempting here given that the Alonso-effect made that car appear a lot better than it was last season. 9th fastest overall. Just depends on what Williams can do with Kubica, I guess.
There are very worring rumors for Williams. According to some reports they are struggling to complete the car and they could miss first day of testing.

Kubuh

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
There are very worring rumors for Williams. According to some reports they are struggling to complete the car and they could miss first day of testing.
That's really not that rare and no reason for panic, all the teams leave things as close as possible for the first test. Unless they miss testing time it's only an inconvenience.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
So another reason why Toro Rosso didnt change their livery much - KTM (backed heavily by Red Bull) in MotoGP's satellite team Tech 3 just revealed their colours:

Syahrin_Team.jpg

It's nice to see some parity between marketing in various formulae of Motorsport.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Not to be outdone by the F1 smoking sponsors, the Carlin IndyCar team added a marijuana sponsor.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people are saying the Renault livery is the same as last year. There's more black and IMO looks more badass.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I think the blue on the frontwing is a little much, but other than that it looks great.

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
F1 TV Pro is 50% off for the year until Feb 17th with code F1TV50, at least here in Germany. This will be my first time picking it up.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a venomous animal, but having a Honda engine it probably poisons itself.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, F1 TV Pro is supposed to go live here on the 18th and no sign on pricing yet (access is €26,99 annually).

Thats the archive price. The live TV package is closer to 150-200 euros.

EDIT: Beautiful livery by Mercedes. That is a testing livery by Red Bull. Expect them to go back to their normal powder matte livery come Melbourne

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Thats the archive price. The live TV package is closer to 150-200 euros.

Not sure where you're located, but I'm assuming the Pro package will be priced similarly in The Netherlands, to Germany and Belgium, which are both €64,99... anything above €100 is a hard nope.

That Red Bull, shame it's a just the launch livery, just like last year.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the engine they're putting in the back of that thing, that rear bodywork of the RB15 is....ambitious.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Damn that is a sexy Merc, somehow it gets better every year.

The Red Bull looks awesome, shame it won't stick around. That being said I do prefer their usual look.

Status
Not open for further replies.