• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MCL34_Website_2000x1100_c2.jpg

MCL34_Website_2000x1100_c4.jpg

MCL34_Website_2000x1100_c1.jpg
Noice.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
My CFD eyes are having a good feeling about this McLaren. The Alfa can be a real challenger or a real disaster, or maybe one of those cars that shine in one or two circuits, like the Force Indias a few years ago, when they were backmarkers but got podium finishes at Spa, for example.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
My CFD eyes are having a good feeling about this McLaren. The Alfa can be a real challenger or a real disaster, or maybe one of those cars that shine in one or two circuits, like the Force Indias a few years ago, when they were backmarkers but got podium finishes at Spa, for example.

Aside from the front wing, the rest of the Alfa car is more or less "run of the mill"... they clearly blew most of their budget on the front wing and that airbox.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on the Reddit feed suggested that big orange space should be filled up by a Fanta logo...

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get over how small the rear bodywork on the RB15 is, it's just absolutely mental.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Bleh, little detail on that McLaren. Would have been interesting to compare the floor on that vs the Merc.

Section behind the front wing looks fairly complex though.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoy Marc Priestley's analyses. He's very well-versed with the technical aspect of F1 and has a clear passion for the sport.
I subscribed to his channel when he was only getting like a 2000 views per video.
Glad to see his channel growing because I actually like his analysis and background stuff more than Autosport and even Scarbs who was my number F1 info dumper before he got big.

Once Marc did the RB14 car analysis I knew I had to click that bell.

50 to 100k views per video now.
I just can't get over how small the rear bodywork on the RB15 is, it's just absolutely mental.

So true its impossibly skinny, Adrian Newey is a madman an absolute madman.
Please Honda let this engine be stable and Redbull should have this season in bag for third place.

Oct 26, 2017
I love the bargeboard area on that McLaren. The new front wing rules don't seem like a big deal at first but considering the entire car is designed around what the front wing does with the air flow whoever gets it right will have a huge advantage.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
For the folks in the USA... There's a sale on F1 TV Pro. 50% off using code F1TV50.

Not sure how long it will last. I just signed up.
Even though you can't extend your subscription with it (mine is still active from last year until april), you can add a second sub and profit from the rebate anywhere, not just the USA.
Worth it at that price imo... it's less than 3$ a month!

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Saw a tweet saying sale ends feb 17th.

I want to renew but i want a fire tv app or smarttv app.
I would like a Roku app or an Apple TV app. For now I'll just have to watch on my laptop or iPad.
Are all races still being broadcast on ESPN (2?)?

If not I'll probably do this.
I have no idea. I have been too poor to afford cable my whole life. And then when I had the money to afford cable, the streaming services took off. So I still don't have cable. So... no clue if all the races are on ESPN.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm. Is that for a yearly sub? Any idea if it'd work via the iOS app store somehow? Because I think that's the only way I'm able to subscribe to it.

yes a years sub ( choose f1tv pro not f1 access) and yes you can pay through the app store. Ios and google play which is what i will do because F1 tv doesnt allow paypal and i dont use creditcards in germany.

Having access to all onboard cameras and live uncensored team radio and being able to use splitscreen is awesome. The only thing missing are TV apps but iam sure they will be ready soon.

also the huge library of old races is awesome if you are a F1 fan. Watching Schumacher and Co. is such a joy.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
yes a years sub ( choose f1tv pro not f1 access) and yes you can pay through the app store. Ios and google play which is what i will do because F1 tv doesnt allow paypal and i dont use creditcards in germany.

Having access to all onboard cameras and live uncensored team radio and being able to use splitscreen is awesome. The only thing missing are TV apps but iam sure they will be ready soon.
That code works somehow too? I didn't know if you could apply discounts to app store stuff or not.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Yes. Races are commercial free and all the practice sessions and qualy are available on espn3. Hence, I didn't buy the subscription.
Yeah, the commercial free aspect was the deciding factor for me. My fiance wanted a live TV subscription again, so we went with YouTube TV, and then I'll be able to watch all the races that way.

Oct 26, 2017
Great up-close look at the new Mclaren.

I hope they've built a decent car this year as I really like the look of this machine.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Massive air intakes compared to a lot of others. Interesting.

Can't seem to see the nose inlet either.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
livery looks good apart from the black swoosh on the engine cover, should have kept it all red

liking the matte paint though

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way is that the Ferrari car for testing. That rear isn't very compact, and the barge boards are pretty rudimentary compared with everyone else.

Oct 28, 2017
That Ferrari nose looks a bit like what McLaren had earlier. Not sure if that's a good sign.
ferrari-sf90-detail-1.jpg

nose-comparison4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.