• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, watched the last 2 season. (actually, I've watched every race for the past 25 years... lol)
I get that Vettel can get heated and act irrational on the track. Verstappen is the same. Hamilton keeps it cool on track.

However, when the helmet comes off and it's time to speak to the interviewer, it's a complete reversal. Vettel keeps it cool and Hamilton just crumbles when things aren't going his way. His face and body language speak volumes.

What's your point? You know who else did That? Ayrton Senna.
He was the biggest hothead F1 has ever seen.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
However, when the helmet comes off and it's time to speak to the interviewer, it's a complete reversal. Vettel keeps it cool and Hamilton just crumbles when things aren't going his way. His face and body language speak volumes.
Being the nicest guy on the paddock outside the car doesn't win you any championships though

OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being the nicest guy on the paddock outside the car doesn't win you any championships though

Exactly, see Rubens Barrichello

Vettell is a very good driver but his championships were won on the back of what was clearly the class of the field Red Bull car.
He and his team threw away the championship this year.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
What's your point? You know who else did That? Ayrton Senna.
He was the biggest hothead F1 has ever seen.

Yes, absolutely... I mean, he's an amazing driver (probably the best of all time, in my books), but a total hot head. I remember a race where Eddie Irvine unlapped himself with Senna, and Senna punched him after! lol

I just wish Hamilton was more professional in his post-race interviews when things don't go his way. As it is right now, he just looks like a big crybaby. (Verstappen is similar)

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's selfie time bwoah!
111x8ifg.jpg

Last edited:

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Nice video about the Aston Valkyrie engine. The plenum has a shiny lacquer on it that weighs 80 grams. At Adrian Neweys insistence it is now an option and not a standard, because weight.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
We will finally have a dedicated Formula E thread, or we'll keep discussing it here?

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Monza considering chicane removal in track revamp
Ahead of crunch discussions to secure the Italian Grand Prix's future beyond next year, Angelo Sticchi Damiani, the president of the Italian racing federation ACI, has revealed a host of changes he wants ready for 2022.

According to a report in Gazzetto dello Sport, Damiani wants a new circuit configuration that will make the track quicker so it can seal its position as the 'Temple of Speed'.

An initial suggestion is to remove one of the track's three chicanes, most likely the second one, and open up the second Lesmo so it returns to being the faster challenger it was before it was modified in 1994.

As well as tweaks to the layout, there will be a widening of the track, new access roads, a new main grandstand and possible renovation of the old banking.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Really damp track for Formula E FP1... and it is still raining in Saudi Arabia

Race will be today at 13:00 CET

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Nice video about the Aston Valkyrie engine. The plenum has a shiny lacquer on it that weighs 80 grams. At Adrian Neweys insistence it is now an option and not a standard, because weight.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing quite matches the raw sound of a N/A V12, so good! That said, I would love to see Cosworth come back into F1. Cosworth (Ford) are the second most successful engine manufacture / supplier (in terms of race wins), in F1 history, the name belongs in the sport.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Did they explained why there was that mass drive through penalty mid race?

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Nothing quite matches the raw sound of a N/A V12, so good! That said, I would love to see Cosworth come back into F1. Cosworth (Ford) are the second most successful engine manufacture / supplier (in terms of race wins), in F1 history, the name belongs in the sport.
I just think with the costs of developing for this current gen of engines its not in their interests unless they could be sure of at least 2 customers and right now that's not happening. If the field were bigger or there were some crossover between the F1/F2 spec then it would open things up a bit.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the race. That was good. Those new cars are excellent.

Glad they've finally got a formula where they don't have to swap cars.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for next season.

Imagine how McLaren will feel if Honda finally figures things out with Red Bull.

And I just can't wait to see if Ferrari will sabotage Leclerc to make Vettel happy. I honestly think Leclerc will eventually be faster and more reliable than Vettel.

Status
Not open for further replies.