• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Even if it's a bit dumb, these are always neat to see. Something like the Redbull X2010 is cool to use in Gran Turismo.

I do wonder if F1 will even be around in 2050 though. Formula E and electric cars will become the standard at some point. Even doing temporary city street races makes more sense than building the wipeout style track shown in the mclaren thing. That'll only get built in the middle East or whatever.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Meanwhile in Finland

V4OpzO1.jpg

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/141130/bottas-has-first-test-ahead-of-rally-debut
Bottas is a broken man. I fear this season will be his worst yet

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Even if it's a bit dumb, these are always neat to see. Something like the Redbull X2010 is cool to use in Gran Turismo.

I do wonder if F1 will even be around in 2050 though. Formula E and electric cars will become the standard at some point. Even doing temporary city street races makes more sense than building the wipeout style track shown in the mclaren thing. That'll only get built in the middle East or whatever.
I think they purposely used the term "grand prix" racing and not F1 because who knows what will be going on in 2050.

I was just ragging on them because I want to like McLaren but they have given so very little reason to even think about them the last couple years...besides how embarrassingly bad they are of course.

That's some cool WipeOut concept art.
Ha, I did think it looked a little WipeOut-ish as well.

OP
OP
BlackFyre

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bottas is a broken man. I fear this season will be his worst yet

If he has a bad start I can see Mercedes replacing him mid season.
He's not fast. And not strong when under pressure. Seems like a very nice guy though.

If the constructors is in jeopardy he won't see the season at Mercedes.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
So I just subbed to F1 TV for the archives. Is there a definitive list of the greatest races of all time? The lists I've seen are only from 2000 onwards.. Cheers.

Edit: also, does anyone know when the races pre 1980 will be uploaded?

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if there are any live streams for Daytona? No onboard stuff from some teams on YouTube like Le Mans?

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sad to see the Sauber name leave, on the bright side hopefully Alfa will have a nice livery.

A little over a week away from car reveals!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Alfa Romeo will show a lot more red then their current scheme - a lot of money went into that team (hence their performance improvement last year).

With Ferrari likely to go darker red to match Ducati and the Mission Winnow program, it might even be fully red like the old 155 Touring Cars of the 90s.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Alfa Romeo will show a lot more red then their current scheme - a lot of money went into that team (hence their performance improvement last year).

With Ferrari likely to go darker red to match Ducati and the Mission Winnow program, it might even be fully red like the old 155 Touring Cars of the 90s.
I'd bet that the Alfas will be darker than the Ferraris, but I'd love to see the return of this beauty:

f1-monaco-gp-1985-eddie-cheever-alfa-romeo-185t.jpg

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Alfa to look one of the best on track but randomly fall apart?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that happened last year didnt it?
It will be very interesting to see how they'll perform in 2019. Leclerc definitely elevated the car to new levels on multiple occasions, it might be harder with the replacement drivers. ;) I still hope they can become a permanent midfield team capable of fighting for 5th-6th in the constructors.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
I still cannot believe Rich Energy has the money to afford a title sponsorship with Haas. It feels proper dodgy.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
So Felipe Nasr is going to replace Max Günther at Dragon on Formula E.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
F1 2019 launch dates.
  • Haas: 7th Feb.
  • Toro Rosso: 11th Feb.
  • Renault: 12th Feb.
  • Mercedes: 13th Feb.
  • Racing Point: 13th Feb.
  • RedBull: 13th Feb.
  • McLaren: 14th Feb.
  • Ferrari: 15th Feb.
  • Alfa Romeo: 18th Feb.
  • WIlliams: 18th Feb.
Barcelona test 1 runs from the 18th - 21st.
Barcelona test 2 runs from the 26th - 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.