• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
OK. Hopefully the extra time helps them make the combat actually look fun and gives them the time to put together a gameplay demo for people to watch that actually shows the game off well.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Interesting. Before they announced FFXVI for next year I was told that this was going to be pushed back again to make room for XVI. I'm not a big insider, so I didn't say anything and wrote off that source when they did the last SOP and revealed XVI for 2023, but are they now making room for something else?

The wording of
As a resultof ongoing discussaions with key partners, we have made the strategic decision to move the launch date of Forspoken
kinda makes it sound like there's something else to fill its place

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god, it needed it, also SE was gonna sandwich it between all those other releases

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A delay is a good idea. It still looked rough. Not sure they can make it a good game with a delay, but there were clear issues that additional polish could help with.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Thank God lol
October is already stacked as is. And the game was looking rough from the few times we've seen it.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
That's fine. SE has enough on their plate during the 2nd half of this year..

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm glad to hear this. Give it time and make it great.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
This is probably the only one that I was really looking forward to this year aside from God of War.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Not surprised considering Star Ocean, Valkyrie, Crisis Core, DioField and presumbly Tactics Ogre are practically all launching right next to each other. Felt like they were building up towards a Forspoken delay with no real tentpole title launching later this year.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Before they announced FFXVI for next year I was told that this was going to be pushed back again to make room for XVI. I'm not a big insider, so I didn't say anything and wrote off that source when they did the last SOP and revealed XVI for 2023, but are they now making room for something else?

The wording of

Crisis Core possibly.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Good for them, take whatever time they need. Really interested in the game but my backlog is vast and I can easily fill time between now and when it's ready.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably for the better.
Game looks great graphically, and the traversal super fun, but the fighting with spongy enemies taking forever and a day to take down seemed no fun at all.

Nov 23, 2017
I'm good with that. I wasn't planning on buying any other games during January so I can give my full attention to this one.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
It did look a little janky in the released footage so far, so this may be for the best.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Makes it more likely I'll play at launch now that it's not surrounded by other JRPGs.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017

The wording of

Yea, I don't think there's any coincidence it came out minutes at the GOW: Ragnarok announcement. It was scheduled for a month before (October 11th) , but maybe they needed a few week or month delay which they could no longer do because of Ragnarok.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. It's fine if they need to take more time, but I wonder how they were planning to meet that original May 2021 release date

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
"key partners" is probably Playstation. It is an exclusive after all, so they wouldn't want to step on each other's toes.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why does this thread refuse to load on Safari?

Anyway, it was called a strategic decision, so they likely talked it over with Sony so GoW doesn't trample over Forspoken.

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Good decision.

So Sony already giving us a exclusive in first month itself next year.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

The wording of

God of War.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
As long as it comes before FFXVI it´ll do well, they should take the extra time

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is this because Gary Whitta got trapped in his Tesla?
Is that how long Gary Whitta is projected to be stuck in his glitched out tesla?
jI7NAt2.png