Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FCob1Rv.png

5A3gIUF.png

NBtacq3.png

j8nwUHS.png

WpVV81G.png
a7fN6fj.gif

Exploring Athia, a Beautiful and Cruel World.
The world of Athia contains four distinct regions: Praenost, Avoalet, Junoon, and Visoria. Each region, ruled by a powerful Tanta, has its own unique terrain developed to maximize the use of magical parkour. Gain new traversal abilities to get to previously unreachable geographical locations and find hidden cloaks, accessories, and magic abilities to upgrade Frey and take on various bosses and dungeons.

The main story will only take you through a small part of the map, so it's up to the player to decide how to explore the world to unearth the secrets of previous civilizations and cultures that the Break has wiped out. The city of Cipal is the last bastion of humanity where the survivors of the Break have gathered. Side quests revolve around the human interactions with these NPCs, learning about their struggles and further discovering the lore of Athia.​

j1akqtj.gif
6xxIwne.png

JFmAiHa.png

OQX9FBb.gif

Magical Arsenal.
As you explore this expansive world, you'll encounter mutated creatures of all shapes and sizes.

With 100 magic spells, Frey can learn a wide variety of powers to help her in combat. You can create traps, manipulate enemies, charge area of effect attacks, heal yourself and loads more beyond. There are various ways to obtain new magic, such as through the storyline, hidden at the edges of the map, or unlocked in skill trees.​
mDpOAnX.png

OqPlQkI.gif

Magic-Enhanced Parkour.
Frey's unique abilities allow her to fluidly traverse the open world with ease.

Scale walls, vault across canyons, leap from dizzying heights, and dash through vast landscapes. With her newfound magical abilities, Frey is not only able to nimbly traverse the treacherous terrain of Athia and explore her strange new surroundings. This Magic Parkour also comes in handy when she comes toe-to-toe with the multitude of enemies lurking in the corrupted landscape of the Break.​

veejbGF.png

WAQbmlW.gif

Because CATS™.
Magical cats! Fuzzy, adorable magical cats!

Tantas' Familiars are usually found prowling around special monuments. If you want to befriend them – and again, they're magical cats, so why wouldn't you? – you'll have to be very careful. These mystical moggies are pretty skittish, so you'll have to approach them subtly. If you do manage to win their trust, they'll relocate to refuges, so you can hang out with them any time!
aQK2xiq.png

Metacritic: 64. OpenCritic: 67.
Review Thread.

Audio and Dub Info:
Available Subs: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese
Available Dubs: English, French, German, and Japanese
Pricing, Editions, and Pre-order Bonuses*:
Standard Edition: 69.99 USD, 89.96/93.59 CAD (*Amazon Canada and PSN Canada have different prices), 64.99 GBP, 79.99 EUR, 9,680 Yen.
Digital Deluxe Edition: 94.99 USD, 126.49 CAD, 89.99 GBP, 104.99 EUR, 14,080 Yen.
PC Requirement Information

Physical Edition - PS5 Only:
-Full game
-Reversible Cover
witch_websku_ps5_physical_enus3840x2160-GaTLJBTPk.jpg

Digital Standard edition (PC/PS5):
- Full game
- Pre-order bonus: Necklace, Cloak, and nails. PS5 version includes crafting starter kit.
witch_websku_ps5_digital_enus3840x2160-G78LB9d4k.jpg
witch_websku_pc_digital_enus3840x2160-_8beeJn1u.jpg

Digital Deluxe Edition (PC/PS5):
- Full Game
- Digital Mini Artbook
- Digital Mini Soundtrack
- Prequel Story DLC 'Forspoken: In Tanta We Trust' (Summer 2023)
- Rare Resource Kit
- Pre-order bonus: Necklace, Cloak, and nails. PS5 version includes crafting starter kit.
witch_websku_ps5_ddx_enus3840x2160-KJbCs1D4v.jpg

witch_websku_pc_ddx_enus3840x2160-tkXAuHyhr.jpg
twno1Db.png

While some have gotten the game early, please try to keep the OT spoiler free by using tags! Enjoy the game and have fun!

OT Info and Gifs: benzy
OT Info, Design / Graphics: celes

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Text-Only OT:
Forspoken OT

Release Info.
Developer: Luminous Productions
Publisher: Square-Enix
Release Date: January 24, 2023
Platforms: PS5, PC (Steam, Windows Store, Epic Game Store)

Story.
Mysteriously transported from New York City, Frey Holland finds herself trapped in the breathtaking land of Athia. A magical, sentient bracelet is inexplicably wrapped around her arm, and Frey discovers the ability to cast powerful spells and use magic to traverse the sprawling landscapes of Athia. Frey nicknames her new golden companion "Cuff" and sets off to find a way home.

Frey soon learns this beautiful land once flourished under the reign of benevolent matriarchs, called Tantas, until a devastating blight relentlessly corrupted everything it touched. The Break transformed animals into beasts, men into monsters, and rich landscapes into four dangerous realms. At the center of their shattered domains, the Tantas now rule as maddened and evil sorceresses.

Unaffected by the Break and desperate for answers, Frey reluctantly agrees to help the last remaining citizens of Athia who see her as their only hope. Frey's journey through this strange and treacherous land will take her deep into the heart of corruption where she must battle monstrous creatures, confront the powerful Tantas, and uncover secrets that awaken something much more from within.

Step Into the World of Athia.
The world of Athia contains four distinct regions: Praenost, Avoalet, Junoon, and Visoria. Each region, ruled by a powerful Tanta, has its own unique terrain developed to maximize the use of magical parkour. Gain new traversal abilities to get to previously unreachable geographical locations and find hidden cloaks, accessories, and magic abilities to upgrade Frey and take on various bosses and dungeons.

The main story will only take you through a small part of the map, so it's up to the player to decide how to explore the world to unearth the secrets of previous civilizations and cultures that the Break has wiped out. The city of Cipal is the last bastion of humanity where the survivors of the Break have gathered. Side quests revolve around the human interactions with these NPCs, learning about their struggles and further discovering the lore of Athia.

Characters.
Frey Holland: Play as Frey Holland, a New Yorker mysteriously transported to the strange and cruel world of Athia. Armed with a sentient bracelet, she discovers the ability to cast spells and magically dash along the landscapes of Athia. Join Frey on the harsh journey ahead as she fights to survive and return home.

"Cuff": Cuff, a magical, sentient bracelet, that appears on Frey's right arm when she is transported to Athia. Guiding her as she explores the treacherous landscapes of Athia, he has an acerbic wit and often jokes cynically with Frey - the only person who can hear his voice.

Tanta Sila: The strongest and most formidable of the Tantas, the destructive and twisted matriarchs who have dominion over Athia. Sila is a dictatorial despot known for crushing those in her way.

Tanta Prav: Acting as the judge, jury, and executioner of her realm, Prav is judgmental and illogical. Believing everyone surrounding her is wrong, she harshly punishes those she considers to be guilty without principle and true justice.

Tanta Olas: As the Tanta of Wisdom, Olas' lust for knowledge consumes her. She uses her magic to absorb people's thoughts to gain new knowledge and will trap anyone she considers a threat inside a world of illusion.

Black Girl Magic - Magical Combat:
As you explore this expansive world, you'll encounter mutated creatures of all shapes and sizes.

With 100 magic spells, Frey can learn a wide variety of powers to help her in combat. You can create traps, manipulate enemies, charge area of effect attacks, heal yourself and loads more beyond. There are various ways to obtain new magic, such as through the storyline, hidden at the edges of the map, or unlocked in skill trees.

A Girl on the Go - Magical Parkour:
Frey's unique abilities allow her to fluidly traverse the open world with ease. Scale walls, vault across canyons, leap from dizzying heights, and dash through vast landscapes.

With her newfound magical abilities, Frey is not only able to nimbly traverse the treacherous terrain of Athia and explore her strange new surroundings. This Magic Parkour also comes in handy when she comes toe-to-toe with the multitude of enemies lurking in the corrupted landscape of the Break.

Kitty Familiars - Nya~.
Magical cats! :p

Fuzzy, adorable magical cats! Tantas' Familiars are usually found prowling around special monuments. If you want to befriend them – and again, they're magical cats, so why wouldn't you? – you'll have to be very careful. These mystical moggies are pretty skittish, so you'll have to approach them subtly. If you do manage to win their trust, they'll relocate to refuges, so you can hang out with them any time!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice OP. I may impulse this tmrw if reviews and impressions are favorable. Looking for something to sink into.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Nice OT! I'm realllly hoping this turns out good. The combat sounds intriguing and if that and the moment to moment stuff in the open world is good then I can ignore the writing (which I don't have much faith in from what's been shown)

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great job on this OT, OP.
For reasons I can no longer remember, I drafted this game in my Fantasy League. So I really need it to get over a 70 on Open Critic. 🤞

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Lovely OT!
Hoping for the best for this game, the team did something new and I want them to succeed. I'll grab the game next month.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Nice looking OT. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, can't wait to play it on Tuesday!

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE OP, great work.

just a couple days to go YAY

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent OT, celes !

I can't wait until Tuesday evening to play this. Despite... everything... surrounding the game, I've been supporting since moment one, and I hope it turns out good for obvious reasons.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Mods please change the title to "Motherflarkin" so that there is no cursing in the thread list!!!

OP
OP

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't quote everyone but thank you all so much for the compliments! Was my first OT on here so had to go hard lol. Was great working with benzy and it was very fun designing something around the game's aesthetic. <3 For better or for worse, lezz go!

Lovely OT. missing a fish eye lens effect tho.
HAH. If only lmao.

Fantastic name loool. Great work
It was the first thing I thought of way back after that initial trailer, lmao.

Apr 5, 2022
Seeing some good impressions of this game so far recently that was posted in the other thread, I'm still hoping this game will do well in some ways especially in the reviews. Hearing that the demo did the game a disservice and that the full game is actually fun then yeah, I can't wait to see how things pan out reception wise now.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Great OP and hilarious thread title lmao

Looking forward to seeing reviews and peoples impressions!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT celes and benzy! 10/10 title lmao

Enjoyed my time with the demo as I played it more so I'll probably end up buying the game pretty soon.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Liked the demo enough to want to play the full game but waiting on reviews to determine the timing of my purchase and playthrough!

Great OT!

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game is good on PC, but those specs make me doubt it :(

I want to support it

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Great OP and title 👌
Still excited for the game.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT! I'm a bit weary on the PC Performance considering how shaky PS5 Sounds, But I'm hoping it's still great enough!

Really looking forward to playing this

Apr 5, 2022
Thank you Celes for the wonderful OT and second of all, I got a giggle out of the "Black Girl Magic" in one of the tabs, it sounds like you really had fun making it and that's what counts <3 I can't wait to see launch impressions posted here as well!

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! Not sure I'll pick this up this week, but I'm curious what the reviews and general reception is.