• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Yet.

I really hope some of the current-gen service games get 120 FPS support when they come over to new consoles. Fortnite, Apex, Siege, etc.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Jesus fucking christ. Does the iPad pro even have active cooling?

Does the game render at the native screen resolution with this mode enabled? Surely not right?

My guess is that more than a "120 FPS mode" this is an "unlocked FPS mode", I doubt it's a constant 120. Would love to be proven wrong tho. Dark1x you know what to do

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I really can't wait for actual full implementation of cloud services on mobile.

Some games gonna be really impressive visually with the with the hdr screens and 120fps.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
This is true next-gen gaming. Not 4K, ray-tracing, or photorealism.
PS5 and XSX have a lot of catching up to do.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Does it run it as 720p? 1080p? 4K? At Highest Settings?

Lots of things need to be answered before saying Consoles versions suck IMO.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I really can't wait for actual full implementation of cloud services on mobile.

Some games gonna be really impressive visually with the with the hdr screens and 120fps.
You really think Stadia is gonna let you stream at 120 FPS anytime soon? Lmao

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Stadia is not the only cloud service and im sure more to come in the way.
You really think any cloud gaming plattform is gonna let you stream at 120 FPS anytime soon? Lmao

Edit: Okay, I get it, GeForce Now supports 120 FPS, I eat crow. Still fuck cloud gaming lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
No just an Ipad , not the pro version.

Eh, summat wrong there then. A10 fusion trades blows with the switch version. Should be able to play it on medium at 30fps. Plenty of vids show that. On par with the switch version, or thereabouts

On topic, this is fucking insane from apple and epic. Just shows the excellence in apple hardware engineering marred with excellent optimization and software can pull off. We need a DF video stat.

My air 3 has impressed deeply me with playing the thing on high settings and a blazing 60fps. With ps4 pad support I play fortnite more on that then I do console.

I expected it to be low settings but nah, the game runs at 120fps at medium settings!!! Madness.

I think medium settings nets you a res around 720p too.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You really think any cloud gaming plattform is gonna let you stream at 120 FPS anytime soon? Lmao
Yep, if you want to stream games at 120fps, you're going to have to wait until Nvidia releases the GeForce Now beta. I hear the beta is supposed to debut sometime in January '18.

Wait, what?

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
It's funny how you people can't just say, oh wow, 120fps on a tablet? that's impressive! then move on.

Instead, we see a bunch of "well technically..."